SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11:30 Bismarck (1W) vs. Fargo North (4E)

2:00 Grafton Park River (2E) vs. Mandan (3W)

6:30 Red River (1E) vs. Century (4W)

9:00 Williston (2W) vs. South (3W)

Bismarck 4-1

Grafton 5-2

Red River 5-0

South 3-2

Then

Grafton 5-3

Red River 4-1

Then

RED RIVER 3-2 in a good game!!

wouldnt it be great if we moved the north dakota border west a view miles so that the red river valley could be in minnesota...so that way fargo, gf, and grafton all played the caliber of hockey they deserve...it would make for a more exciting tournament than just seeing only two teams capable of playing each other in a state championship...im just glad rr and grafton split during the year so it can be a close game...and that way western hockey good join junior gold teams to play at their caliber of hockey...we would keep the sioux of course tho lol

my predictions...

south over williston - 6-4

grafton over mandan- 5-0

red river over century-8-0

bismarck over north-6-2

red river over south - 6-1

grafton over bismarck- 4-1

grafton over red river-5-4 possibly O.T.

wouldnt it be great if we moved the north dakota border west a view miles so that the red river valley could be in minnesota...so that way fargo, gf, and grafton all played the caliber of hockey they deserve...it would make for a more exciting tournament than just seeing only two teams capable of playing each other in a state championship...im just glad rr and grafton split during the year so it can be a close game...and that way western hockey good join junior gold teams to play at their caliber of hockey...we would keep the sioux of course tho lol

i find the east side arrogance tiring. i am born and raised north dakota, and have lived many years on both sides of the state. noone is going to argue that grand forks, and once in a while fargo, is at the top of the ladder when it comes to hockey, but that is one sport and one aspect of a school and town. i am a hockey nut, i played and i follow it as much as i can (not as much high school as i would like, but i still keep up) but because grand forks has dominated that sport, doesn't mean the rest of the state isn't advancing and growing that program. i have actually been impressed with some of the west schools lately, and that is a good thing for nd. by your reasoning, then the west should drop playing all east teams in basketball or wrestling, and only play south in football? someday you may realize, if you care about your state as a whole like i do, that what is good for the state is advancement in all areas of all our schools. that being said, rr is the team to beat this year hands down, i don't think many will argue that, but last time i checked bismarck is the only nd school to not have lost to any other nd team (and yes i know they haven't played rr or gpr), so don't write them off just yet... should be a fun tourney. and don't be surprised to see williston knock off south thursday night.

i find the east side arrogance tiring. i am born and raised north dakota, and have lived many years on both sides of the state. noone is going to argue that grand forks, and once in a while fargo, is at the top of the ladder when it comes to hockey, but that is one sport and one aspect of a school and town. i am a hockey nut, i played and i follow it as much as i can (not as much high school as i would like, but i still keep up) but because grand forks has dominated that sport, doesn't mean the rest of the state isn't advancing and growing that program. i have actually been impressed with some of the west schools lately, and that is a good thing for nd. by your reasoning, then the west should drop playing all east teams in basketball or wrestling, and only play south in football? someday you may realize, if you care about your state as a whole like i do, that what is good for the state is advancement in all areas of all our schools. that being said, rr is the team to beat this year hands down, i don't think many will argue that, but last time i checked bismarck is the only nd school to not have lost to any other nd team (and yes i know they haven't played rr or gpr), so don't write them off just yet... should be a fun tourney. and don't be surprised to see williston knock off south thursday night.

since this is a high school hockey thread i assumed we are just focusing on hockey, it is unbalanced. however i would venture to say that many of the East teams would struggle very much if they were to play minnesota schools...so i think things may just be fine the way it is. As for this years tourny, i do hope Bismarck wins their opening night game so we can see a GPR and Bismarck match up that would be good for all of the state.......that being said Bismarck still has no chance against a Grafton team at the state tournament! the whole city shows up i mean come on

they lost to gpr in the regular season just to let you know...with their back up goalie...and yes they didnt play against rr...and they wont get to....but i agree with you...grafton will loose if they underestimate bismarck...they had to come from behind in the last minute against minot to win..cuz they underestimated....i also hope nd hockey will advance too to compete with the caliber of the minnesota state tournament....and actually i will not be at all surprised if williston beats south...south is not very strong this year

since this is a high school hockey thread i assumed we are just focusing on hockey, it is unbalanced. however i would venture to say that many of the East teams would struggle very much if they were to play minnesota schools...so i think things may just be fine the way it is. As for this years tourny, i do hope Bismarck wins their opening night game so we can see a GPR and Bismarck match up that would be good for all of the state.......that being said Bismarck still has no chance against a Grafton team at the state tournament! the whole city shows up i mean come on

In grafton the schools have thursday and friday off just for the hockey state tournaments....one year they tried to have school but no one showed up...they were all at the englstad watching the spoilers play

my predictions...

south over williston - 6-4

grafton over mandan- 5-0

red river over century-8-0

bismarck over north-6-2

red river over south - 6-1

grafton over bismarck- 4-1

grafton over red river-5-4 possibly O.T.

South over Willeston 7-1

GPR over Mandan 12-0

Red River over Century 14-0

North over Bismarck 4-3

In grafton the schools have thursday and friday off just for the hockey state tournaments....one year they tried to have school but no one showed up...they were all at the englstad watching the spoilers play

I believe both the Grand Forks schools also have thursday and friday off.

My predictions:

Thursday

Bismarck over North 4-2

Grafton over Mandan 5-1

RR over Century 7-1

Williston over south 3-2 OT

Friday

Grafton over Bismarck 4-3

RR over Williston 4-1

Saturday

Grafton over RR 4-3 OT

mr. hockey finalists named...

eric meland, fwd, rr

ryan ladoucer, def, rr

colby rehak, def, whs

jared labere, def, bhs

i think ladoucer wins it, but four deserving finalists. oh no, two out of the four are from the west, what has the state come to :lol:

I would like to see ladoucer win it, but i think meland has it wrapped up. I say this because not only is he a very talented hockey player, but also is a very good student.

I believe both the Grand Forks schools also have thursday and friday off.

My predictions:

Thursday

Bismarck over North 4-2

Grafton over Mandan 5-1

RR over Century 7-1

Williston over south 3-2 OT

Friday

Grafton over Bismarck 4-3

RR over Williston 4-1

Saturday

Grafton over RR 4-3 OT

I'll bet my life the RR --Century game isn't that close. When i say not that close i mean they'll beat them by fifteen goals

North over Bismarck 3-2

G-PR over Mandan 9-1

South over Willy 5-2

RR over Century 12-1

G-PR over North 7-3

RR over South 5-3

RR over G-PR 3-2

Bismarck 5 North 1 If Bismarck loses this game the west should no longer be invited to the state tournament

Grafton 6 Mandan 2

Red River 8 Century 0

South 4 Williston 3 Possibly best game of the tournament

Grafton 5 Bismarck 3 Chance for Bismarck to prove themselves, but Grafton is just too good

Red River 6 South 2 South has a rough game after a battle with williston

Red River 4 Grafton 2 red River shows why people have been talking repeat since the clock hit 00:00 last year

North over Bismarck 3-2

G-PR over Mandan 9-1

South over Willy 5-2

RR over Century 12-1

G-PR over North 7-3

RR over South 5-3

RR over G-PR 3-2

dont mean to shoot your predictions down...but north is gonna loose to bismarck...i am all for an east raping of the west again but its not gonna happen..grafton beat north 9-0 and 11-1 during the year as you should know...bismarck's only loss is to grafton 4-3 i believe....this kinda like saying a peewee B team is gonna beat a decent varsity team

mr. hockey finalists named...

eric meland, fwd, rr

ryan ladoucer, def, rr

colby rehak, def, whs

jared labere, def, bhs

i think ladoucer wins it, but four deserving finalists. oh no, two out of the four are from the west, what has the state come to ???

I think a better finalist from the east could have been added instead of Colby Rehak from Williston. I know he's been playing for Williston for a long time but I mean there's plenty of other candidates that could have taken his spot from the east or even a player such as Andrew Seeberg from Bismarck High who led the west in scoring this year. How does a breakout player like Nick Schaefer from Red River who has 69 points and is second to Eric Meland's 75 not get nominated? Or possibly Jarrett Galbreath of Red River who's also been playing high school hockey for quite some time.

I think a better finalist from the east could have been added instead of Colby Rehak from Williston. I know he's been playing for Williston for a long time but I mean there's plenty of other candidates that could have taken his spot from the east or even a player such as Andrew Seeberg from Bismarck High who led the west in scoring this year. How does a breakout player like Nick Schaefer from Red River who has 69 points and is second to Eric Meland's 75 not get nominated? Or possibly Jarrett Galbreath of Red River who's also been playing high school hockey for quite some time.

There must be some rule that state not all four finalist can come from one school. haha