SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RR has a right to bitch. You don't. You got a state championship given to you, you did not earn it. You have nothing to be gloating over.

how do you think you have a right to bitch?...you cant change anything by bitching about it..everyone saw the sixth man missed call..wut do you want to happen by your bitching?...and i really wish you pple could act like youve lost a game before....leave all this bull$%!# out on the ice....would someone change the name of this board to be Grand Forks Hockey

RR has a right to bitch. You don't. You got a state championship given to you, you did not earn it. You have nothing to be gloating over.

GRAFTON GOT THIS GAME HANDED TO THEM!!! IF YOUR GOING THAT ROUTE THEN I GUESS ITS GRAFTONS ONE GAME TO RR'S HOW MANY AND COME ON DON'T EVEN TRY TO SAY THAT RR HASN'T EVER HAD CALLS GO THEIR WAY THAT RESULTED IN WINS. IT IS WHAT IT IS. GPR AGAIN 2009

I noted that when the game ended, Arnason promptly scooped the puck with his glove and skated to the bench. I hope he didn't do this with some bad intent, but if he did that pretty weak.

He may have given it to Demers in the handshake or something but that certainly not the norm.

Hopefully the players can realize that no matter what anyone says now that both teams put out a great effort.

All I'm doing is speculating. Everyone can do it. Is a goal post not an outside force by your definiton above? An inch one way or the other, who knows, this game might not have gone 3 OT's. A goal post has nothing to do with player performance.

Anyone can go on and on speculating a hockey game. Say the too many men penalty is called against Grafton or the fact that they had six men celebrating the goal (which constitues as a delay of game penalty), Red River would have had a power play for a little over a minute and a half. Grafton more than likely sends two of their forwards from their top line to kill the penalty off. So now there's about six minutes left in the game. Two players from the top line need a break don't get back on the ice right away as fresh as they could've been and get matched up against Meland's line along with Ladouceur and Galbreath like they had been the whole night.

I didn't see the cheapshot live but watching the replay after it was pretty clear that LaDouceur was shoved from behind into the net.

Yes, after watching the replay on this Ladouceur jump over Arnason and then the cramps arose. You can also see Galbreath shove Mohagen into Arnason and then after he's on the ground he attempts to hook or slash Galbreath. I noticed throughout the times that I watched these two teams play that these two went at each other quite a bit.

It just sucks that the better team didn't win. RR was the best team this year. Their season in many peoples minds is a failure becasue they didn't win the big game. This team has competed with the best of the best. They took Roseau Minnesota's #1 to OT and lost on a fluke call. It sucks that GPR had six men on the ice and it wasn't called. You Grafton people know it too. In my mind this team will not be forgotten. You can't judge a team by one goal.

Hats off to Grafton for beating this Red River team that played exceptionally well this season! It was sad however to see Red River in person lose two games that had a big part to do with the officiating. We cannot say this would've kept the same outcomes in the games had the officials made the right calls, but they would have certainly made a huge impact on the games. I think it would have been great for the state of North Dakota to have a team hand Roseau it's only loss so far this season. They sure looked like a very good team tonight too as they beat Moorhead 6-1 in their section final.

Here are some observations on the Grafton/RR Championship game and the 6 player controversy. I have watched the re-play a number of times and have asked myself the question, "What would I have done had I been a coach or a player on the bench and knew that my team had too many men on the ice?" I think the reasonable person (coach or player) would call a player off if they knew of the violation. Grafton had an advantage with the power play so why would anyone knowingly risk the loss of that advantage with their own violation (too many men) - especially in a game that is televised. As such, I discount anyone who suggests that Grafton coaches were aware of the violation. A reasonable person is not going to risk the advantage that they already have.

The fact that the violation was missed is unfortunate and ideally it should have never happened. There is no basis for defending that error. However, it does not absolutely follow that a team will score a goal because they have an advantage in player numbers. It is only natural for those on the short end of the outcome to attribute the score to the fact that an extra player was on the ice. Such a situation does not automatically mean that a team will always score. They may well have scored anyway if the extra player was not on the ice. Interestingly, at the point at which the goal was scored there were three players back near the blueline.

In any case, the lack of a call created, in the least, some adversity for Red River. They are an excellent team and they dug hard to prevail in the overtime and overcome that adversity. For that they deserve great credit. It is tough to be the favorite from the beginning of the season up to the last, and most important game, and then not win. Credit to both teams for a great game. Congrats to Grafton on their state championship.

Well put ND Pride like usual. I'm glad to see you back on here posting! However, it is sad to see that the refs couln't pick up the too many men penalty considering it was a 6-4 after all. Who knows if the defensmen goes off if the extra player drops back to play defense? Don't need to criticize that, just a possible thing that could have happened.

how was their loss to grafton in the regular season decided by the refs? every other team gets jewed out of games but they dont complain about it. so why dont you pull out the tampon and wipe already

First off, very classy comment, not many people can use the phrase "jewed" and "pull out the tampon and wipe already" in the same sentence. Class all the way around.

That said, the referees (as popular opinion and myself would believe) made a wrong call in the Roseau game (the Crary penalty) and the GPR game (obvious six men). The previous poster wasn't talking about two GPR games.

Hey o. Someone who knows exactly went down with these classy Grafton kids on XL93. come on here an give us all a rundown of what happened. hell get another account if you need.

An to the comment about renaming this Forum to Grand Forks Hockey. Well haha UND is located in Grand Forks ahah

how do you think you have a right to bitch?...you cant change anything by bitching about it..everyone saw the sixth man missed call..wut do you want to happen by your bitching?...and i really wish you pple could act like youve lost a game before....leave all this bull$%!# out on the ice....would someone change the name of this board to be Grand Forks Hockey

We can change thigs by bitching. And we have a right because we got screwed. You don't think the higher ups aren't hearing all this and taking steps to insure it doesn't happen again? You're right on one thing only. "It is what it is" A fraud, a joke, and a farce. 20 years from now this game will still be rembered as the biggest screw up in tourney history. Enjoy your "Championship." Maybe next year you

you can win one without cheating.

We can change thigs by bitching. And we have a right because we got screwed. You don't think the higher ups aren't hearing all this and taking steps to insure it doesn't happen again? You're right on one thing only. "It is what it is" A fraud, a joke, and a farce. 20 years from now this game will still be rembered as the biggest screw up in tourney history. Enjoy your "Championship." Maybe next year you

you can win one without cheating.

do you need therapy?? the saddest thing is that if this "non call" woulda went against central or grafton or south or any team from out west or east grand forks or roseau or crookston...pretty much any other team in the area..it would be chalked up as a loss, congratulate the other team on a good game and it would be forgotten....but since it happened to the silver spooners on the south end it's a fricken life changing moment and there lives with be affected forever....it will haunt their nightmares in 25 years of how they got "jobbed" in a f'n hockey game...you spoiled cry babys need to just accept that it was a well played game....because regardless if you feel like you got screwed...you still had around 30 minutes after that tying goal to pot one of your own and skate around with the trophy...both teams had plenty of chances and it took into the 3rd overtime for someone to finally cash in.....

do you need therapy?? the saddest thing is that if this "non call" woulda went against central or grafton or south or any team from out west or east grand forks or roseau or crookston...pretty much any other team in the area..it would be chalked up as a loss, congratulate the other team on a good game and it would be forgotten....but since it happened to the silver spooners on the south end it's a fricken life changing moment and there lives with be affected forever....it will haunt their nightmares in 25 years of how they got "jobbed" in a fuckin hockey game...you spoiled cry babys need to just accept that it was a well played game....because regardless if you feel like you got screwed...you still had around 30 minutes after that tying goal to pot one of your own and skate around with the trophy...both teams had plenty of chances and it took into the 3rd overtime for someone to finally cash in.....

It is sad to see all of this complaining that has continued on for a while now on this thread ever since the Youtube video was released; however it needs to be addressed or refreshed in some peoples' minds that this was in fact the state championship game, and the missed call dramatically changed the game. I would assume that many people would also complain just as much on this thread had something like this happened to Grafton.

First off, very classy comment, not many people can use the phrase "jewed" and "pull out the tampon and wipe already" in the same sentence. Class all the way around.

That said, the referees (as popular opinion and myself would believe) made a wrong call in the Roseau game (the Crary penalty) and the GPR game (obvious six men). The previous poster wasn't talking about two GPR games.

Thank you for clarifying my point. I noticed that the previous post has been deleted so that person must have realized what I meant. Red River lost two games this year in which the refs were a big factor in the outcome of the game. Both games went to overtime and in my opinion, considering how much time was left in both of the games when the goals were scored, Red River had a very good chance at coming out with a win in these two games that they lost.

do you need therapy?? the saddest thing is that if this "non call" woulda went against central or grafton or south or any team from out west or east grand forks or roseau or crookston...pretty much any other team in the area..it would be chalked up as a loss, congratulate the other team on a good game and it would be forgotten....but since it happened to the silver spooners on the south end it's a fricken life changing moment and there lives with be affected forever....it will haunt their nightmares in 25 years of how they got "jobbed" in a f'n hockey game...you spoiled cry babys need to just accept that it was a well played game....because regardless if you feel like you got screwed...you still had around 30 minutes after that tying goal to pot one of your own and skate around with the trophy...both teams had plenty of chances and it took into the 3rd overtime for someone to finally cash in.....

Really Siouxtatoo42? Your trying to tell me that Red River is the only school that would make a fuss about this? That is absoluetly absurd. ANY other school in the state would be equally upset and comparitively make the same arguments. As most of us know, about 50% of the people who post in this thread are current or former Rough Riders. If you talk to any of the players, or someone who is knowledgable in the sport, they will tell you they know you cant review the call, and nothing can be done. But, all they want is Grafton to recognize the fact the goal should not have been counted. To say there was plenty of time left to score again, your right. But, did Grafton score again in regulation? No. Could have they? i guess we'll never know. And yes, in 25 years, these players, parents, fans, alumni, everyone will remember it, and still have hard feelings over it. This is what these kids have been playing for their whole life up to that point. Going the State tournament since they were kids, dreaming of one day playing in it. Finally getting there and haveing the game drmatically changed by an offcials mistake? I think most people would remember that for a lifetime, not just 25 years. But her, overall, GREAT post.

If you talk to any of the players, or someone who is knowledgable in the sport, they will tell you they know you cant review the call, and nothing can be done. But, all they want is Grafton to recognize the fact the goal should not have been counted. To say there was plenty of time left to score again, your right. But, did Grafton score again in regulation? No. Could have they? i guess we'll never know. And yes, in 25 years, these players, parents, fans, alumni, everyone will remember it, and still have hard feelings over it. This is what these kids have been playing for their whole life up to that point. Going the State tournament since they were kids, dreaming of one day playing in it. Finally getting there and haveing the game drmatically changed by an offcials mistake? I think most people would remember that for a lifetime, not just 25 years.

Hey o. Someone who knows exactly went down with these classy Grafton kids on XL93. come on here an give us all a rundown of what happened. hell get another account if you need.

Bringing this JUMBO back up...... The Classiest kids come out of this Championship. Were the "winningest losers" sounds funny but its true. Red River hockey players have been class acts around the school. They were the undisbuted best team in the state. Even without the trophy. And about the Grafton Park Rivers Interview on XL was disgusting. (from what ive heard) youd think theyd be a little bit more cheerful in the fact that they just recently won a state title.

Lets do a little recap.

Take away Red Beards call on Crary.......

Take away LaDouceur being sick against grafton in grafton.....

Mr.Hockey, i think he might have made a impact on the game with him being missing.....

Make that non-call red river and they held them off haha while they would be on the Pwrplay.....

I think we could give both teams respect. Grafton Good Job! You have buttcrack for fans but we have some of them too. So its even.

Can i go out and say this years season is over. What needed to be said has been said. The teams that needed to be given credit were given credit.

East Region

1 Grand Forks Red River 14 13 1 0 0 30 [ 23 - 3 - 1]

2 Grafton / Park River 14 13 1 0 0 30 [ 22 - 5 - 0]

3 Grand Forks Central 14 8 5 1 0 21 [ 13 - 10 - 1]

4 Fargo South 14 8 6 0 0 20 [ 15 - 11 - 1]

5 Devils Lake 15 6 9 0 0 14 [ 12 - 11 - 0]

6 Fargo North 14 4 9 1 0 11 [ 10 - 16 - 1]

7 Fargo Shanley 11 3 7 1 0 9 [ 9 - 13 - 2]

8 West Fargo 15 3 11 1 0 9 [ 4 - 17 - 2]

9 Wahpeton / Breckenridge 9 0 9 0 0 0 [ 4 - 18 - 0]

West Region

1 Bismarck High 15 15 0 0 0 30 [ 24 - 3 - 0]

2 Mandan 16 10 5 1 0 21 [ 16 - 9 - 1]

3 Williston 16 8 5 3 0 19 [ 14 - 8 - 3]

4 Minot 16 8 6 2 0 18 [ 9 - 13 - 2]

5 Bismarck Century 14 6 6 2 0 16 [ 11 - 13 - 2]

6 Jamestown 16 7 9 0 0 14 [ 8 - 15 - 0]

7 Dickinson 16 5 9 2 0 12 [ 10 - 11 - 2]

8 Bottineau 14 3 11 0 0 6 [ 8 - 16 - 0]

9 Hazen / Beulah 15 2 13 0 0 4 [ 3 - 15 - 1]

STATE TOURNEY

#1E-G.F. Red River 2

v.s. FINAL 3-OT [Championship] (triple overtime)

#2E-Grafton/Park River 3

#3E-Fargo South 3

v.s. FINAL [3rd Place]

#1W-Bismarck High 2

#4E-Fargo North 3

v.s. FINAL [5th Place]

#2W-Williston 1

Congrats to all on a good season.

The 6th man goal was not the game winner for GPR. What happen to the so called best team in the state the last 30 plus min. of the game. Yeah a mistake was made,but it was not the game winner. I did not know that GF was also whinerville,ND. RR has won there fair of some shady game in the past, get over it.