SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

If you can't beat a one line team, no matter how good that line is, you don't deserve to win. I will say though,the frustrating thing about the non-call on the too many men is this. If the refs had completely missed it, and went straight to center ice to drop the puck, so be it, one could say it was just a completely missed call. The fact that they discussed it for so long afterwards, indicates to me that at least one of them knew what had happened, but didn't have the balls to wipe out the goal and make the correct call at such a big game.

thats not exactly true...from what i saw the red river players saw that there were too many men and talked to the refs about it...the whistle was blown for the goal and in high school hockey you cannot review a play to make the call...it was too late for the refs to wipe it out after they called it a goal if they didnt see the sixth man...refs are human too and they make mistakes..alot....it is unfortunate for red river that the refs were that stupid..but in the end im glad it happened cuz it made it one hell of a game ..3 OT period and ending on a pretty goal..cant ask for anything better

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U make it seem like RR has never won a game after missed or bogus calls.

I don't remember them winning any state championships because of missed or bogus calls. To have too many men on the ice for 10 seconds and not see it, is not a missed call, it is total incompetance. In the chamoionship game?? A total embarassment. You would think Grafton's coach would have enough class to admit they got a huge break.

I don't remember them winning any state championships because of missed or bogus calls. To have too many men on the ice for 10 seconds and not see it, is not a missed call, it is total incompetance. In the chamoionship game?? A total embarassment. You would think Grafton's coach would have enough class to admit they got a huge break.

Grafton didn't win because of that missed call.

ur right... they tied it to go in to over time.... think of what would have happen if the refs werent so blind.

gpr gets ther first penalty of the nite. its still 2-1 and RR is on the power play.

What if Grafton doesn't hit the pipe with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd and it goes in?

What if Simonson from Red River doesn't hit the pipe with less than a minute to go and it goes in?

What if Ladoucer from Red River didn't get injured and played his normal minutes?

All you're doing is speculating. The fact is, is that Red River had almost 30 minutes of game action after that goal to score and couldn't. Grafton did. End of story.

What if Grafton doesn't hit the pipe with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd and it goes in?

What if Simonson from Red River doesn't hit the pipe with less than a minute to go and it goes in?

What if Ladoucer from Red River didn't get injured and played his normal minutes?

All you're doing is speculating. The fact is, is that Red River had almost 30 minutes of game action after that goal to score and couldn't. Grafton did. End of story.

Faulty logic. Your examples all include player performance. This was example of an outside force (referee) that had nothing to do with the effort or skill of the players on the ice. Yes it happens, but it doesn't change the fact that the refs helped change the direction of this game.

So your saying its never happened at all to RR. They have had a lot of help in many games whether its a championship game semifinal game or any game in that matter. If you wanna play the reffing card. The fact of the matter is it was blown and Grafton won in the third OT and none of you would be saying anything if the role was reversed. All RR players and fans got their noses so far up in the air!!!! You think the RR coach would have admitted it if the outcome was in RR favor. I really don't think he would.

Faulty logic. Your examples all include player performance. This was example of an outside force (referee) that had nothing to do with the effort or skill of the players on the ice. Yes it happens, but it doesn't change the fact that the refs helped change the direction of this game.

All I'm doing is speculating. Everyone can do it. Is a goal post not an outside force by your definiton above? An inch one way or the other, who knows, this game might not have gone 3 OT's. A goal post has nothing to do with player performance.

Let me ask you grafton people this

would you be mad if RR had no penaltys in all 6 periods?

Would you be mad if RR won in overtime with 6 players on the ice for 10 seconds when the goal scored?

Would you be mad if a RR player cheap shoted demers?

i didn't realize a cheap shot could cause cramps :D could be he was playing all but a few minutes of each period.

Tough crowd in here...

It was a great game last night. Although I do agree that the too many men should've been called or at least the GPR goal taken away.

The thing that makes me sad as a Sioux fan is seeing only half the Ralph filled for a HS game and it being WAY louder.... Oh well.

Congrats Grafton-Park River... Both teams played well!

i didn't realize a cheap shot could cause cramps :D could be he was playing all but a few minutes of each period.

How do you what cheap shot i was talking about? lol. I never said laducer in that post. It could have been a cheap shot on another pleyer. :D. so it was a cheap shot... ill take ur word for it.

Let me ask you grafton people this

would you be mad if RR had no penaltys in all 6 periods?

Would you be mad if RR won in overtime with 6 players on the ice for 10 seconds when the goal scored?

Would you be mad if a RR player cheap shoted demers?

[/quote/]

hey dude..they lost..get over it...grafton has seen triple or more defeats in the championship game than RR..i think it was about time grafton won....and you can't force players to get penalties...i want specific times that grafton deserved a penalty other than the obvious six man missed call...stop thinking demers cheap shoted ladoucer! how do you think that anyway wut did he do specifically? tell this to demers' face too...and i recorded the game on dvr also so your argument better be good....if RR would have scored there would be nothing but praise over the dominance of RR...grafton beat RR twice this year...they were the only team capable of doing it and they did

All I'm doing is speculating. Everyone can do it. Is a goal post not an outside force by your definiton above? An inch one way or the other, who knows, this game might not have gone 3 OT's. A goal post has nothing to do with player performance.

Once again, you are a little off. A player shot that puck that hit the post. If that player's skill was just a little bit better on that given play, he could have scored. Strictly in the hands of the player. A player has zero control when the other team gets away with 6 men on the ice and scores a goal.

Great game, stuff happens and this was one of those times, it is just too bad it was the championship game and had such a direct bearing on the outcome. Grafton played a great game. At least a Fargo team didn't win.

hey dude..they lost..get over it...grafton has seen triple or more defeats in the championship game than RR..i think it was about time grafton won....and you can't force players to get penalties i want specific times that grafton deserved a penalty other than the obvious six man missed call...stop thinking demers cheap shoted ladoucer! how do you think that anyway wut did he do specifically? tell this to demers' face too...and i recorded the game on dvr also so your argument better be good....if RR would have scored there would be nothing but praise over the dominance of RR...grafton beat RR twice this year...they were the only team capable of doing it and they did

Once again, you are a little off. A player shot that puck that hit the post. If that player's skill was just a little bit better on that given play, he could have scored. Strictly in the hands of the player. A player has zero control when the other team gets away with 6 men on the ice and scores a goal.

Great game, stuff happens and this was one of those times, it is just too bad it was the championship game and had such a direct bearing on the outcome. Grafton played a great game. At least a Fargo team didn't win.

Haha, I had to laugh at that one.

But Fargo North took first and West Fargo took second in girls hockey. :D

Do you think saying some thing to Demer's face is going to do anything. I don't think. U got anymore excusses you can enlighten us with. About this call about that call what calls RR gets away with u don't state anything about it. Not sure if there was any in this game because obviously u have a lot of time on your hands to sit and ponder about this game.

From where I was sitting, RR's 2nd goal looked to be offsides. Anyone have a chance to look at a replay of that and let me know what it shows? The play happened right by RR's bench, and I could have swore that the defenseman did not keep the puck in the zone. Right when that happened and the ref signaled that it he had kept it in, I told a friend that RR was going to score - sure enough they did.

It just sucks that the better team didn't win. RR was the best team this year. Their season in many peoples minds is a failure becasue they didn't win the big game. This team has competed with the best of the best. They took Roseau Minnesota's #1 to OT and lost on a fluke call. It sucks that GPR had six men on the ice and it wasn't called. You Grafton people know it too. In my mind this team will not be forgotten. You can't judge a team by one goal.

It's interesting to see everyone in here arguing about the game. I've seen exactly one ND high school game in my life, so I can't be biased and I think it was one of the best high school games that I've ever seen. Both teams gave it everything they had and one team found a way to get it done.