SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

Has Red River ever recruited from Central? Not to my knowledge. Have players switched schools? All the time. Alex Simonson switched schools, but his family lives in the Red River District. Bryce Anderson is RR district. Central has many freshman who live in the RR district who you will be seeing on the Central roster next year, and several years to come. It is not cheating, it is kids and their parents thinking their kids are better than they are and wanting them to play varsity faster. Fargo South had two kids this year who transferred from other Fargo schools, is that cheating? No.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really Siouxtatoo42? Your trying to tell me that Red River is the only school that would make a fuss about this? That is absoluetly absurd. ANY other school in the state would be equally upset and comparitively make the same arguments. As most of us know, about 50% of the people who post in this thread are current or former Rough Riders. If you talk to any of the players, or someone who is knowledgable in the sport, they will tell you they know you cant review the call, and nothing can be done. But, all they want is Grafton to recognize the fact the goal should not have been counted. To say there was plenty of time left to score again, your right. But, did Grafton score again in regulation? No. Could have they? i guess we'll never know. And yes, in 25 years, these players, parents, fans, alumni, everyone will remember it, and still have hard feelings over it. This is what these kids have been playing for their whole life up to that point. Going the State tournament since they were kids, dreaming of one day playing in it. Finally getting there and haveing the game drmatically changed by an offcials mistake? I think most people would remember that for a lifetime, not just 25 years. But her, overall, GREAT post.

I didn't hear or read GPR players and fans crying about what happened to them during the 2006 state tournament. I didn't hear or read about the questionable call during the 2007 state tournament game between GPR and South that basically cost GPR the game. I have never heard so much b.s. about a call until it happened to RR.

Also, why should GPR players and fans recognize what happened as calls are missed all the time. Did RR players and fans admit they got off the hook during that overtime win in the 2006 state tournament? Do you realize how bad you're making us GF people (and former) look. If I were your parent, I'd slap your stupidity out of your blonde head.

Finally, 25 years from now, people involved in ND hockey (including players, coaches and fans) will remember the conduct GF Red River players, their coach, and their spoiled fans displayed after losing. Thanks for the laughs. Now grow up and move on.

Hey, OLD GOOT

Cheating!!!! Has RR ever recruited a player from Central. That cheating in my mind. Have you ever cheated on a test or your wife !!!! You to are a cheater.

its not a matter of cheating or not...it is whats best for the player! !@#$ Cary Eades "recruited" TJ Oshie from washington but no one called him a cheater because it was best for TJ to play in Warroad and have his talent flurish under eades. high school sports has become more of a "what can you do for my kid" and getting his talent showcased to the right people. Rick Helling lived and played baseball in Lakota but moved to the Fargo area so his talents could be seen by more people.

why would you bring up cheating on your wife (if its true or not) thats just stupid for someone to say!

RR has a right to bitch. You don't. You got a state championship given to you, you did not earn it. You have nothing to be gloating over.

Did you watch the game? RR had plenty of time to score after the game was tied up. They couldn't get done and they lost. Get over it.

BTW, I do recall RR having a shot at the state championship given to them during the 2006 state hockey tournament. I'm sure you remember too so no reason to go into details.

GPR has plenty to be gloating over they beat the #1 team in the state - twice.

So what color are all of you RR players and fans dying your hair next year... pink? I have idea for your new jerseys too. How about the face of a crying baby?

GET OVER RED RIVER FANS!!!

Did you watch the game? RR had plenty of time to score after the game was tied up. They couldn't get done and they lost. Get over it.

BTW, I do recall RR having a shot at the state championship given to them during the 2006 state hockey tournament. I'm sure you remember too so no reason to go into details.

So what color are all of you RR players and fans dying your hair next year... pink? I have idea for your new jerseys too. How about the face of a crying baby?

What shot was given to the 06 Rider team during the state tourny?

We can change thigs by bitching. And we have a right because we got screwed. You don't think the higher ups aren't hearing all this and taking steps to insure it doesn't happen again? You're right on one thing only. "It is what it is" A fraud, a joke, and a farce. 20 years from now this game will still be rembered as the biggest screw up in tourney history. Enjoy your "Championship." Maybe next year you

you can win one without cheating.

And on the same note people still will remember the games that RR has had given to them. When that happens the world doesn't come to end but oh my god when it happens to a team that RR loses to its the end of world.

I didn't hear or read GPR players and fans crying about what happened to them during the 2006 state tournament. I didn't hear or read about the questionable call during the 2007 state tournament game between GPR and South that basically cost GPR the game. I have never heard so much b.s. about a call until it happened to RR.

Also, why should GPR players and fans recognize what happened as calls are missed all the time. Did RR players and fans admit they got off the hook during that overtime win in the 2006 state tournament? Do you realize how bad you're making us GF people (and former) look. If I were your parent, I'd slap your stupidity out of your blonde head.

Finally, 25 years from now, people involved in ND hockey (including players, coaches and fans) will remember the conduct GF Red River players, their coach, and their spoiled fans displayed after losing. Thanks for the laughs. Now grow up and move on.

Im pretty sure thr wasnt a place for GPR fans to whine and if thr was it was more seclusive back than and MUCH less people had access to computers like they do today. Im sure radio stations were flooded than too. Just like they were a few days ago. If OLD GOOCH is actually old maybe that fart can tell us how it was.

RED RIVER LOST AND THE WORLD KEEPS TURNING I am a student at Red River and thr is no spoiled brats complaing like you think. Yes thrs talk....People do that. It was a HUGE UPSET. Any Grafton fans that thought they could win it this year your either a Liar or a Joke. Red River was "The Team" this year. And to Grafton PLAYERS they were "the team to beat" and once again hats off they did it, twice. They were better team those nights. The title couldve went either way. Both teams deserved it and Grafton got it.

Im pretty sure thr wasnt a place for GPR fans to whine and if thr was it was more seclusive back than and MUCH less people had access to computers like they do today. Im sure radio stations were flooded than too. Just like they were a few days ago. If OLD GOOCH is actually old maybe that fart can tell us how it was.

RED RIVER LOST AND THE WORLD KEEPS TURNING I am a student at Red River and thr is no spoiled brats complaing like you think. Yes thrs talk....People do that. It was a HUGE UPSET. Any Grafton fans that thought they could win it this year your either a Liar or a Joke. Red River was "The Team" this year. And to Grafton PLAYERS they were "the team to beat" and once again hats off they did it, twice. They were better team those nights. The title couldve went either way. Both teams deserved it and Grafton got it.

To be perfectly honest, the dialogue on this message board has became absolutly absurd. If you were to keep a running score on the entire year it would have been 9-7 in favor of Red River. To say that Grafton should not have believed they had a shot at the title would completely contradict the scores they posted in the regular season. Three of the four games these two teams played ended as one goal games. Plain and simple; either team could have won the state championship, and it is foolish to argue otherwise.

On the non-call: We see players slashed, hooked, held, cross checked, and interfered with every game; many times this goes uncalled. In some situations, the occurance of these infractions lead to goals. However, no one can be sure if these goals would not have occured without the infraction. It is a true injustice to the players to diminish their efforts by tainting this game over a missed call. Red River had equal opportunity to score in the final minutes of the third period and the following overtime periods. It stings to think about what might have been had the call been made, but if you lived your sporting careers that way you could go through nearly every close game you've ever played and analyzed calls you believe refs should or should not have made, and how that would have impacted the outcome. It's not going to get you anywhere. It's done, it's over with, let's move on.

Congratulations to both teams on a well played season.

MSP Jim, quite frankly, you are not very logical. The 2006 Grafton incident is totally different. Could of it been a penalty? Depends on the ref. If you watch the replay, yes, Eric Meland was on top of the goalie...how did he get ther? He was pushed by Andy Peterson. 2007, Mohagen is infamous for stick work, hooking, slashing, trip, etc. It was a penalty that was a judgement call. The Red River call was totally different. Too many men on the ice is not a judgement call, it is concrete. there are six men on the ice, no argument. Yes, you are right, refs mess up all the time, but not mistakes like that in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Also, what have the players and coaches done that has not been "bad conduct".

Final topic. You tell me "grow up." Just before that you said you would slap the stupidity out of my blonde head. I happen to have brown hair and it appears you have the growing up to do.

Well MSP Jim, you outdid yourself again. You are right again too. Red River had chances to score, but they would not of had to. If Grafton doesn't score there, do they win? We'll never know. Again, you told me to grow up and come back with another very "mature" post. You my friend, are the one taking shots at Red River, and its students. Also, please go into detail regarding the 2006 tournament. Lastly, "GET OVER RED RIVER FANS"--MSP Jim,(Please explain)

MSP Jim, quite frankly, you are not very logical. The 2006 Grafton incident is totally different. Could of it been a penalty? Depends on the ref. If you watch the replay, yes, Eric Meland was on top of the goalie...how did he get ther? He was pushed by Andy Peterson. 2007, Mohagen is infamous for stick work, hooking, slashing, trip, etc. It was a penalty that was a judgement call. The Red River call was totally different. Too many men on the ice is not a judgement call, it is concrete. there are six men on the ice, no argument. Yes, you are right, refs mess up all the time, but not mistakes like that in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Also, what have the players and coaches done that has not been "bad conduct".

Final topic. You tell me "grow up." Just before that you said you would slap the stupidity out of my blonde head. I happen to have brown hair and it appears you have the growing up to do.

The analogy that six skaters on the ice is not a "judgement" call is based on flawed logic. One would assume that because there are six skaters on the ice that a penalty should be called, correct? Well, during nearly every line change that does not happen during the stoppage of play six players are on the ice at one point or another. I believe it would be an accurate assesment that the ref must use his "judgement" on whether or not the opposing team was, in fact, in violation of the rules of the game. I have seen the play, and it is obvious there are too many skaters on the ice. However, there have been plenty of times when an obvious trip, hook, or slash has occured, gone uncalled and a goal is scored. Unfortunate? Yes. Is it worth a public display of disrespect for not only Grafton, who, in the final three periods of play earned a state championship, but also that of Red River who would probably rather be remembered as an exceptional hockey team rather than the team that was allegedly "ripped" of a state championship? Not in the least.

Let it go. Grafton did not cheat. They were on a powerplay in the first place, and any coach in there right mind is not about to jepordize an excellent scoring opportunity by putting his team at risk for a penalty. A frequent and unfortunate error was made that may or may not have affected the outcome of the game. Like many other calls that affect the outcomes of games, we can't change this, and harrasing Grafton and it's players is not going to get you anywhere. That's it.

The analogy that six skaters on the ice is not a "judgement" call is based on flawed logic. One would assume that because there are six skaters on the ice that a penalty should be called, correct? Well, during nearly every line change that does not happen during the stoppage of play six players are on the ice at one point or another. I believe it would be an accurate assesment that the ref must use his "judgement" on whether or not the opposing team was, in fact, in violation of the rules of the game. I have seen the play, and it is obvious there are too many skaters on the ice. However, there have been plenty of times when an obvious trip, hook, or slash has occured, gone uncalled and a goal is scored. Unfortunate? Yes. Is it worth a public display of disrespect for not only Grafton, who, in the final three periods of play earned a state championship, but also that of Red River who would probably rather be remembered as an exceptional hockey team rather than the team that was allegedly "ripped" of a state championship? Not in the least.

Let it go. Grafton did not cheat. They were on a powerplay in the first place, and any coach in there right mind is not about to jepordize an excellent scoring opportunity by putting his team at risk for a penalty. A frequent and unfortunate error was made that may or may not have affected the outcome of the game. Like many other calls that affect the outcomes of games, we can't change this, and harrasing Grafton and it's players is not going to get you anywhere. That's it.

I think i was misunderstood on the "judgement" portion of it. What i meant is that a hook, slash, trip, etc, is up to the referees discretion pending the severity of it. On too many men, it either is, or it isnt. In no way did i call Grafton cheaters. Obviously their coach would not intentionally put a player out there. And you are exactly right about having six players on the ice during a line change, but not six players in below the blue line, and the sixth man scoring the goal. And yes, Grafton did out play them the final three periods. Had thata call been made, would there be three more periods? We'll never know, but note that Grafton did not score again in regulation.

I think i was misunderstood on the "judgement" portion of it. What i meant is that a hook, slash, trip, etc, is up to the referees discretion pending the severity of it. On too many men, it either is, or it isnt. In no way did i call Grafton cheaters. Obviously their coach would not intentionally put a player out there. And you are exactly right about having six players on the ice during a line change, but not six players in below the blue line, and the sixth man scoring the goal. And yes, Grafton did out play them the final three periods. Had thata call been made, would there be three more periods? We'll never know, but note that Grafton did not score again in regulation.

I see exactly what you're saying, and I can't say for certain I wouldn't make the same argument if I were in your shoes. Luckily, I am not, so I can see the situation in a different light. The point is that a call was missed. Calls get missed every day, in nearly every game. Like I said, it is unfortunate that the game has been tainted with this one missed call. However, what's done is done, and there is no changing it. Both teams earned the right to play in the championship game and whether or not there were six skaters on the ice Grafton may have scored that goal. Will we ever know for? Nope. That said, it is not worth diminishing the championship efforts of both teams by claiming that one missed call determined the outcome of the game. Because in reality, it did not.

On the sixth skater: The sixth skater could have been someone other than the player who scored the goal. It is possible that a player who was supposed to leave the ice, did not. I had planned on going further in depth into this aspect of the non-call but I think it is best that we quit focusing on the penalties that were not called, and focus a little more on the quality game that was played.

We can change thigs by bitching. And we have a right because we got screwed. You don't think the higher ups aren't hearing all this and taking steps to insure it doesn't happen again? You're right on one thing only. "It is what it is" A fraud, a joke, and a farce. 20 years from now this game will still be rembered as the biggest screw up in tourney history. Enjoy your "Championship." Maybe next year you

you can win one without cheating.

dude you have some issues...get over this...thats all i ask.....it was a missed penalty...it was 10 seconds out of a 72 some minute game and this is changing your entire life..were you playing?

this is what the soviet union said about the U.S. in 1980 too...that their was no way we could win....i dont see this as a HUGE UPSET at all...a HUGE UPSET would be if like whapeton or something like that beat RR or GPR....i have no respect for this site anymore

Congrats to the Grafton-Park River boys on winning this years ND State Hockey Championship. Hopefully another one next year... just keep in mind that the best team doesn't always win...keep working hard.

• 2 weeks later...