SiouxSports.com Forum

Hunter Bishop

Siouxmama

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Brad's blog he will search for another school. Good luck in the future Hunter!

see ya, wow very interesting...............he was a late siging recruit correct?? just cant remember

there has to be more here, if hak wanted him to stay like said in this thread then there is another reason hes leaving.

I bet that he goes back to Alaska and either UAA or UAF as they both recruited him pretty heavily - must be a tough decsion to leave now though and then forgo NC$$ hockey next year

That sucks to lose Hunter. I bet that you are correct that he transfers to either UAA or UAF.

I bet that he goes back to Alaska and either UAA or UAF as they both recruited him pretty heavily - must be a tough decsion to leave now though and then forgo NC$$ hockey next year

I don't think missing a year of NCAA hockey is that big of a deal. Most of this years team doesn't seem to be playing NCAA hockey this season.

Good luck, Hunter! I wish these times had been better for the Sioux. I hope you have a GREAT time with Vernon and end up at UND again.

What is really too bad is that he might have seen more playing time over the next 3 series.

he is going to another school per brad.......

see ya, wow very interesting...............he was a late siging recruit correct?? just cant remember

I believe he was a late recruit. I know his dad told us when we were in Alaska that Hunter had planned to stay in the Juniors another year before UND contacted him. He was very honored to be asked. It also sounded like his dad didn't expect Hunter to be on the ice very much because of all the talent on the team and his only being a Freshman. So, I'm surprised that Hunter is leaving.

Good luck, kid. It was nice to have you here for this short time. I wish you great success where ever you end up.

Didn't Fylling do the same thing? I don't think the NCAA splits hockey up into 1/2 years, he will have three years when he comes back.

Hopefully things work out and he is back next season. Personally I think he would be better off developing in GF, even if he is not playing in games. It seems to have worked out pretty well for Brad Miller.

Yes, Fylling did. And he came back like gang-busters. Sort of.

Big loss. This kid is going to be an impact player at some point in his college career.

i thought he would be a good one as well. there is always a side to a story we wont know and thats ok but you just dont leave a top program to play juniors then look for another team. it wouldnt raise a red flag if he was coming back to the sioux.

yes it is, so lets move on....will this open up another recruit spot for next season? hope so

How about for an overager in the BCHL (or any other junior league) that is about to turn 21 that could come in over Christmas? (I don't have anyone specific in mind.)

There are always kids that blossom later on and "missed the boat" age-wise to get recruited for a scholarship.

Just throwing it out there. Maybe Hak will discuss it tonight on the show.

I hate to see the kid go because I really did like what I saw from him in the few games that he played. I really felt he could be one of those four year impact players. What I wonder now is if he will come back to UND or if this will open up a roster spot. If it does open a roster spot than someone like Bruneteau or a potential recruit could come here next year.

Didn't I say he was going back to Vernon in the 1st post? :lol:

Sorry, the only link I had was the cell phone call I had with his parents. :lol:

Anyway, Hunter made a very difficult decision, but he will be successful with his new (old) adventure.

congrats, do you want a medal for your post or what ;):huh:

good luck and lets move on to some recruits who will fill this spot................