SiouxSports.com Forum

Hunter Bishop

Siouxmama

congrats, do you want a medal for your post or what ;) ;)

good luck and lets move on to some recruits who will fill this spot................

Guess I should use a different smiley. I wasn't patting myself on the back. :lol:

And, the recruits who will fill Hunter's spot can be read about in another thread, not here.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't I say he was going back to Vernon in the 1st post? :lol:

Sorry, the only link I had was the cell phone call I had with his parents. :lol:

Anyway, Hunter made a very difficult decision, but he will be successful with his new (old) adventure.

You did, but there were some details that had to be worked out for it to happen. As you saw in other posts in this thread, he was added to Lincoln's roster (USHL). If it had been determined that classes he took in Canada would not be transferrable to a US college, he would have had no choice but to play in Lincoln, if he wanted to keep three years of eligibility.

You did, but there were some details that had to be worked out for it to happen. As you saw in other posts in this thread, he was added to Lincoln's roster (USHL). If it had been determined that classes he took in Canada would not be transferrable to a US college, he would have had no choice but to play in Lincoln, if he wanted to keep three years of eligibility.

I'm not sure what you meant by this?

I'm not sure what you meant by this?

There is a little more about it here

Basically, for Hunter to play an additional three years at a US college without sitting out a "transfer year", he must play juniors again next year, while earning an associates degree. He would then be able to transfer to a four year school starting with the 2008-09 season and play right away. As I understand things (please correct me if I am wrong) if he does NOT earn an associates degree, and still plays juniors next year, after sitting out a "transfer year" he would lose a year of eligibility because of the 5 year clock that started when he enrolled at UND this fall.

You could also read the link I posted earlier for more details. Bishop going to Vernon (for sure this time)

Could Hunter come back here next year without losing any eligibilty?(assuming he would want to and the Coaches would want him back)

You apparently haven't read all 3 pages of this thread.... I believe a couple of people already mentioned he would lose a year of eligibility??

And he doesn't know if he's coming back or not anyways... We'll just have to wait and see!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

You apparently haven't read all 3 pages of this thread.... I believe a couple of people already mentioned he would lose a year of eligibility??

And he doesn't know if he's coming back or not anyways... We'll just have to wait and see!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

I have read all three pages but maybe you could re-read them for me.No where does it say what happens if he comes back here next year only what happens if he takes a year off or doesn't get credits in Jr. college or plays a full year in the BCHL next year,maybe you should read the whole thing before jumping my s@#$ about reading the whole thread :blush::lol:

I have read all three pages but maybe you could re-read them for me.No where does it say what happens if he comes back here next year only what happens if he takes a year off or doesn't get credits in Jr. college or plays a full year in the BCHL next year,maybe you should read the whole thing before jumping my s@#$ about reading the whole thread :lol::blush:

Sioux Yea Yea, be a good little jersey chaser now and get back to dreaming about Tony Qesada. Let us pro's deal with the important issue's at hand. :lol:

Sioux Yea Yea, be a good little jersey chaser now and get back to dreaming about Tony Qesada. Let us pro's deal with the important issue's at hand. :lol:

Wow, you obviously don't know me lol

I've grown up around hockey because my brothers play hockey. So what if I know some hockey players, it's not that huge of a deal for me. They're just guys. They all get to know me, and they realize that I actually know what I'm talking about when it comes to hockey. And they realize that I like them for who they are as a person, not as a hockey player. If they don't want to be friends with me, then so be it, I'll let them get on with their lives.

If you go through and read some of my posts during or after hockey games, I do actually pay attention to the games. So yeah, I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to hockey most of the time.

But this thread is about Hunter, not me... So we can get back on the subject now. Thanks.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!

I've grown up around hockey because my brothers play hockey. So what if I know some hockey players, it's not that huge of a deal for me. They're just guys. They all get to know me, and they realize that I actually know what I'm talking about when it comes to hockey. And they realize that I like them for who they are as a person, not as a hockey player. If they don't want to be friends with me, then so be it, I'll let them get on with their lives.

If you go through and read some of my posts during or after hockey games, I do actually pay attention to the games. So yeah, I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to hockey most of the time.

But this thread is about Hunter, not me... So we can get back on the subject now. Thanks.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!

Good for you!

• 6 months later...

Went to the Ohio State website, I cant find any info. I assume he will have to sit out the year. Did he play juniors after leaving UND last year?

i believe he is a 08 for ohio state and playing another year in the bchl

go to former players thread i believe as there was a article on bchl website regarding hunter and ohio st...

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!

AKA You're a stalker.

AKA You're a stalker.

Just because she knows some of them why does that make her a stalker. A stalker is someone who follows somebody and knows every little detail about their lives and wants to be with them every minute of every day. What Sioux_Yeah_Yeah is doing is called having gone to school with some of them before and going to school with them now. It is kinda hard to not know the ones that you are friends with. Again, thread about Hunter, not pick on Sioux_Yeah_Yeah.

Just because she knows some of them why does that make her a stalker. A stalker is someone who follows somebody and knows every little detail about their lives and wants to be with them every minute of every day. What Sioux_Yeah_Yeah is doing is called having gone to school with some of them before and going to school with them now. It is kinda hard to not know the ones that you are friends with. Again, thread about Hunter, not pick on Sioux_Yeah_Yeah.

You have your opinion and I've seen what I've seen outside of this forum about the situation. I can create my own opinion.