SiouxSports.com Forum

2003-04 Schedule

jk

From the Herald:

The preliminary schedule:

Oct. 4 - Minnesota-Duluth, Hall of Fame exhibition; Oct. 11 or 12 - exhibition game, TBA; Oct. 17-18 - Boston College; Oct. 31-Nov. 1 - Yale.

Nov. 7-8 - Minnesota; Nov. 14-15 - St.. Cloud State; Nov. 21-22 - at Denver; Dec. 5 - U.S. Under 18 Team; Dec. 12-13 - Minn.-Duluth; Dec. 27-28 - Holiday tournament at Engelstad, opponents to be named.

Jan. 2-3 - at St. Cloud State; Jan. 9-10 - Alaska Anchorage; Jan. 16-17 - at Michigan Tech; Jan. 23-24 - at Minnesota; Jan. 30-31 - Denver; Feb. 6-7 - at Wisconsin; Feb. 13-14 - Colorado College; Feb. 20-21 - at MSU-Mankato; Feb. 27-28 - at Minn.-Duluth; March 5-6 - Michigan Tech.

-------------------------------------------------

I had two complaints about this year's schedule: poor quality NC opponents and it was heavily home early, road late. Next year's schedule takes care of the NC quality, with UMD, BC and Yale all quality opponents. It is still tilted to the road in the second half of the year, which is unfortunate. I guess you just have to go out and win, regardless of who and where you play. Two road games before the new year, and twelve after.

Here is the schedule formatted differently:

Oct. 4 - Minnesota-Duluth, Hall of Fame exhibition

Oct. 11 or 12 - exhibition game, TBA

Oct. 17-18 - Boston College

Oct. 31-Nov. 1 - Yale

Nov. 7-8 - Minnesota

Nov. 14-15 - St.. Cloud State

Nov. 21-22 - at Denver

Dec. 5 - U.S. Under 18 Team

Dec. 12-13 - Minn.-Duluth

Dec. 27-28 - Holiday tournament at Engelstad, opponents to be named

Jan. 2-3 - at St. Cloud State

Jan. 9-10 - Alaska Anchorage

Jan. 16-17 - at Michigan Tech

Jan. 23-24 - at Minnesota

Jan. 30-31 - Denver

Feb. 6-7 - at Wisconsin

Feb. 13-14 - Colorado College

Feb. 20-21 - at MSU-Mankato

Feb. 27-28 - at Minn.-Duluth

March 5-6 - Michigan Tech.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 games at home and only 14 on the road? Won't be a very road tested team.

It jumped out at me, also, that all the exhibition series and the holiday tournament are at home. I guess it's payback for this year when the Sioux traveled for an unusually high 18 games (4 NC).

23 games at home and only 14 on the road? Won't be a very road tested team.

Actually, excluding exhibitions it is 21 home games and 14 away.

To see similar ratios you'd have to go back to MN's schedules of a few years ago (2002-3, 20/16; 2001-2, 20/17; 2000-1, 23/15).

• 1 month later...
Any word on who's coming in for the Holiday tourney? Hopefully, the Edina Squirts team is already booked. :huh:;)

Heard from a dad of a Wayne State player that they will be in it. May as well get the Squirts also.

Feb. 13-14 - Colorado College

Feb. 20-21 - at MSU-Mankato

Feb. 27-28 - at Minn.-Duluth

March 5-6 - Michigan Tech.

Interesting way to finish the season. I think CC will have some major problems next year with the losses of Cullen, Clarke, Preissing, and Sejna (OUCH) but the we have to have to go too MSU and UMD. Those games will be a dog fight probably having huge impacts on the first 4 positions in the WCHA. (Im guessing they will be UND, U of M, UMD, and MSU-Mankato, in no particular order)

But then we have the relatively easy game to close out the season. I know that Tech has beaten us before on home ice but compared to the 2 prior weeks that will be a cake walk, but those games will be critical as well.

I tried to find the Gophers, Mavs, Bulldogs 03 Sched to no avail in anyone has any info... please share. I think the WCHA will get real interesting next year. ;)

Wonderful. Starting in October, there is hockey 8 out of 10 weekends. Now don't get me wrong, I love watching Sioux hockey. But I love other sports too...and last years schedule screwed me out of more than one trip. Whatever happened to having some hockey games in February, when there's absolutely nothing else to do? :D This is beginning to piss me off. ;)

I can see the look on our babysitters face..."Hey Katie, what are you doing for every weekend in October, and the first couple in November?" Give me a break... :huh:

Wonderful. Starting in October, there is hockey 8 out of 10 weekends. Now don't get me wrong, I love watching Sioux hockey. But I love other sports too...and last years schedule screwed me out of more than one trip. Whatever happened to having some hockey games in February, when there's absolutely nothing else to do? :D This is beginning to piss me off. ;)

I can see the look on our babysitters face..."Hey Katie, what are you doing for every weekend in October, and the first couple in November?" Give me a break... :huh:

How about Duck hunting season. How does UND end up with such crappy scheudles.

JBSU=Jan Brady State University. References the supposed envy St. Cloud has for Minnesota, equivalent of Jan's for Marcia on "The Brady Bunch."

Thank you...that makes sense. I could have figured the explantion on my own as I am quite the Brady Bunch afficianado (actually, I made the horrible mistake of seeing the movie...They owe me 7 bucks for that), but thanks anyways ;)