SiouxSports.com Forum

South Dakota vs. SIOUX

rochsioux

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that was a great win by UND. I thought that South Dakota was a very good football team.

I will be up in Grand Forks in two weeks to watch the Sioux host their first playoff game. And, yes, I'm confident there will be a playoff game in Grand Forks!

When you say two weeks, is that Thanksgiving weekend? I hope, I hope. I'll be home for a few days at that time!!

When you say two weeks, is that Thanksgiving weekend? I hope, I hope. I'll be home for a few days at that time!!

Yes, it will be Turkey Day weekend. Noah Sheppard is going to be a great QB for USD. He was running all over the place on the Sioux and made some great throws.

What was up with going for two? I don't understand why they did that. A 13 point lead instead of a 12 point lead? Who cares?

What was up with going for two? I don't understand why they did that. A 13 point lead instead of a 12 point lead? Who cares?

That's what I couldn't figure out. If you kick the extra point, USD needed 2 touchdowns to take the lead, but since they went for 2 and missed, all USD needed was a TD(plus a 2 pt. conversion) and a FG. It didn't seem like a great decision on my end.

That's what I couldn't figure out. If you kick the extra point, USD needed 2 touchdowns to take the lead, but since they went for 2 and missed, all USD needed was a TD(plus a 2 pt. conversion) and a FG. It didn't seem like a great decision on my end.

Maybe Lennon isn't very good at math. :D

Yes, it will be Turkey Day weekend. Noah Sheppard is going to be a great QB for USD. He was running all over the place on the Sioux and made some great throws.

Shepard is a nice player, although it will be interesting to see how he does next year once defenses don't have to focus nearly all their attention on Mr. Logan.

NDSU 51 Cal Poly 14...does that validate us, to all you fans up north!!! By the way your mens b-ball team is a joke...what would you say NDSU 92 UND 50!!! Oh yeah by the way I live in Tucson and don't give me that hockey crap, because nobody, I would say south of Omaha and west of Grand Forks gives a crap about hockey. I hate to be honest with all you folks!!

I will be in Bemidji this afternoon for my daughters gymnastics meet...does KFGO reach Bemidji?

UND 31

USD 24

GO SIOUX!

Well...the gymnastics meet started and ended late so I only heard the last 5 minutes of the post-game show...SIOUX WIN!!!

BTW...the Mighty 790 came in crystal clear in Bemidji. :D

NDSU 51 Cal Poly 14...does that validate us, to all you fans up north!!! By the way your mens b-ball team is a joke...what would you say NDSU 92 UND 50!!! Oh yeah by the way I live in Tucson and don't give me that hockey crap, because nobody, I would say south of Omaha and west of Grand Forks gives a crap about hockey. I hate to be honest with all you folks!!

Must have been too windy to golf. You were able to join Siouxsports.com and fire off such a witty 4 lines in in the same month. I believe you hate to be honest with anyone but you didn't need to validate anything about the AC football team. They are good and prove it on the field. They would have a good shot at D1AA national championship this year if they were eligible. People on this website already know that but don't care. Dont' spend too long doing this or the next pizza delivery in Tucson will get soggy.

Cal Poly lost to SDSU too. SDSU did lose to a DIII team too. And that's right, SDSU did lose to Northern Iowa too. I beleive UND did beat Northern Iowa too. Apparently that invalidates Cal Poly. Go back to your bison site and spout your B.S. By the way if UND's womens basketball team played NDSU the score would be UND 92 NDSU 50. How do you like that? Your womens team is a joke.

Cal Poly lost to SDSU too. SDSU did lose to a DIII team too. And that's right, SDSU did lose to Northern Iowa too. I beleive UND did beat Northern Iowa too. Apparently that invalidates Cal Poly. Go back to your bison site and spout your B.S. By the way if UND's womens basketball team played NDSU the score would be UND 92 NDSU 50. How do you like that? Your womens team is a joke.

The Sioux beat South Dakota by a touchdown. Central Arkansas beat USD 24-0. South Dakota State beat Central Arkansas the next week 24-0. Apparently that team that lost to a Div III school is better than UND using your logic.

The Sioux beat South Dakota by a touchdown. Central Arkansas beat USD 24-0. South Dakota State beat Central Arkansas the next week 24-0. Apparently that team that lost to a Div III school is better than UND using your logic.

I am dumber for having read that. I can see comparing teams that have like oponents. Comparing 2 teams through a comparison of how your team beat an opponent, how that opponent did against ...........whatever. No one ever compared like opponent's of a like opponent's opponent. Have you been listening to Beano Cook too much???

I am dumber for having read that. I can see comparing teams that have like oponents. Comparing 2 teams through a comparison of how your team beat an opponent, how that opponent did against ...........whatever. No one ever compared like opponent's of a like opponent's opponent. Have you been listening to Beano Cook too much???

Oh my gawd, too much cork filled wine!!

Does lil' shi!$ know that Arizona has a CHL hockey team? Thank gawd!! I have sump'in to do while I'm in Arizona!

Oh my gawd, too much cork filled wine!!

Does lil' shi!$ know that Arizona has a CHL hockey team? Thank gawd!! I have sump'in to do while I'm in Arizona!

Not you nd1sufan (even though you have really confused me this late at night), I'm referring to the pizza delivery boy from tuscan.

And the topic of NDSU comes into the South Dakota-UND game thread. A superb football game that actually determines playoff seeding, and someone from AZ comes in and lets us know that he ordered a pizza and that NDSU won a football game that in the long run doesn't mean anything other than the Great Montana Western Intercollegiate AA Football conference of the North regular season championship...... :D

On that topic though....I can't remember anyone ever saying NDSU was bad, most likely because of the way they handled the goph show.

What a great game today! I think that this was the best 4 quarters that the Sioux have put together (save for maybe Northern Iowa) all season long. And they did it against one of the best football teams that I have seen this year. I will not be surprised if UND meets USD again in the playoffs. Their team speed was very good, Logan was awsome to watch as always, and I was very impressed with their freshman QB. I must say I was a little surprised that they didn't have Logan run the ball more than they did. A game like this couldn't have come at a better time, heading into the post-season. Manke was stellar, Chappel was solid, Dressler is Dressler, and Hellevang really impressed me today with a 44 yarder and a 51 yarder. The defense was good against a very explosive offense, especially the pass coverage was much improved today compared to the last 3-4 weeks. Congrats to Coach Lennon, the staff, and the team on another NCC title. Now, the march is on toward Florence!

BUT let me spell out the real equation...

--Stuck doing Gods work (seriously) on a Navajo Reservation....uh, I have no idea how much that would cost...

--Arranging internet access in the middle of nowhere...uh, also don't know but I'm guessing about $30 a day?

--Bottle of "cork-filled" wine (This I have SOME experience in :D ) - $10

--Keeping in touch and having fun with your SiouxSports buds on a Saturday night....PRICELESS

Keep up the great work!!