SiouxSports.com Forum

South Dakota vs. SIOUX

rochsioux

What a great game today! I think that this was the best 4 quarters that the Sioux have put together (save for maybe Northern Iowa) all season long. And they did it against one of the best football teams that I have seen this year. I will not be surprised if UND meets USD again in the playoffs. Their team speed was very good, Logan was awsome to watch as always, and I was very impressed with their freshman QB. I must say I was a little surprised that they didn't have Logan run the ball more than they did. A game like this couldn't have come at a better time, heading into the post-season. Manke was stellar, Chappel was solid, Dressler is Dressler, and Hellevang really impressed me today with a 44 yarder and a 51 yarder. The defense was good against a very explosive offense, especially the pass coverage was much improved today compared to the last 3-4 weeks. Congrats to Coach Lennon, the staff, and the team on another NCC title. Now, the march is on toward Florence!

It was a complete performance and just what we needed heading into the playoffs...funny thing was...when they sent Brandon out for the 51 yarder...everyone around me was whispering "FAKE!"...GREAT TO SEE though he can go over 50 for future reference :D He's filling those big shoes just fine....

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congradulations on the win. The Sioux were the better team today. Thanks for the nice comments about the Coyotes, that is much appreciated and a gesture of good sportsmanship. You guys are deserving of the #2 seed. I just hope the Coyotes can just make post season for once. I would love a chance to play Northwood to see how they stack up. Of course it would be nice to get them in Vermillion but I am not gonna be too picky. I just want to make the dance.

Oh my gawd, too much cork filled wine!!

Does lil' shi!$ know that Arizona has a CHL hockey team? Thank gawd!! I have sump'in to do while I'm in Arizona!

Yes I know we have a CHL team, they play down at the TCC, (Tucson Convention Center), while you are in AZ, why don't you check out the U of A basketball team, because as I said before, nobody really cares about hockey, why is there a multi billion dollar deal with CBS to broadcast March Madness, what does ESPN pay to broadcast the Frozen Four, maybe a couple million at best!!

Congradulations on the win. The Sioux were the better team today. Thanks for the nice comments about the Coyotes, that is much appreciated and a gesture of good sportsmanship. You guys are deserving of the #2 seed. I just hope the Coyotes can just make post season for once. I would love a chance to play Northwood to see how they stack up. Of course it would be nice to get them in Vermillion but I am not gonna be too picky. I just want to make the dance.

I heard a few interviews with the SD coach, he really seems like a class act. It was a great game to be at...I think we might be seeing SD in a few weeks again at the AL.

NDSU 51 Cal Poly 14...does that validate us, to all you fans up north!!! By the way your mens b-ball team is a joke...what would you say NDSU 92 UND 50!!! Oh yeah by the way I live in Tucson and don't give me that hockey crap, because nobody, I would say south of Omaha and west of Grand Forks gives a crap about hockey. I hate to be honest with all you folks!!

Don't tell that to people in Dallas, they seem to love hockey.

Oh, and Phoenix does have an NHL franchise.

Oh, and Phoenix does have an NHL franchise.

I am slow this weekend. :D I've been so busy trying to figure out a schedule so I can see Prp play hockey again (New Mexico and Arizona) that I totally forgot about Phoenix. One more thing to take in before I leave the desert! :D

NDSU 51 Cal Poly 14...does that validate us, to all you fans up north!!! By the way your mens b-ball team is a joke...what would you say NDSU 92 UND 50!!! Oh yeah by the way I live in Tucson and don't give me that hockey crap, because nobody, I would say south of Omaha and west of Grand Forks gives a crap about hockey. I hate to be honest with all you folks!!

I guess that is why they fill the NHL arenas in Dallas, San Jose, Denver. :D

Not to mention college hockey is big in the WCHA. DOH