SiouxSports.com Forum

South Dakota vs. SIOUX

rochsioux

Looks like this game is on FSSN and is also going to be webcast.

The weekly press release had this blurb:

"Video webcast will be available for the Oct. 28 and Nov. 11 home games for a nominal fee."

Was the Oct. 28 game (Duluth) webcast ? If so, did they charge for it ?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like this game is on FSSN and is also going to be webcast.

The weekly press release had this blurb:

"Video webcast will be available for the Oct. 28 and Nov. 11 home games for a nominal fee."

Was the Oct. 28 game (Duluth) webcast ? If so, did they charge for it ?

I'm still in the boondocks!! How do I get the video webcast? As PCM will point out, I am pretty much computer illiterate, :lol: , so very simple instructions with as little computerese as possible, please. Thanks :lol:

I'm still in the boondocks!! How do I get the video webcast? As PCM will point out, I am pretty much computer illiterate, :lol: , so very simple instructions with as little computerese as possible, please. Thanks :lol:

mms://134.129.176.246/hockey

Copy and paste that into the "open url" box in windows media player.

If it's limited to 100 as hockey has been, get on early or you'll miss getting a spot. Hockey has been free thus far, I see the press release says "football for a nominal fee", but can't see anywhere for a link or pay for information. Didn't know of anyone trying to watch the UMD webcast, so I'm not sure if the info is accurate or not.

At any rate, if nothing else shows up on the offical UND site, I'd try the link above.

mms://134.129.176.246/hockey

Copy and paste that into the "open url" box in windows media player.

If it's limited to 100 as hockey has been, get on early or you'll miss getting a spot. Hockey has been free thus far, I see the press release says "football for a nominal fee", but can't see anywhere for a link or pay for information. Didn't know of anyone trying to watch the UMD webcast, so I'm not sure if the info is accurate or not.

At any rate, if nothing else shows up on the offical UND site, I'd try the link above.

Thanks, I'll sign on ASAP in the am.

thought I'd try to find a more concrete link for CIA to find the FB game tomorrow but GEEZ!!! What a mess!:D

The info on "fightingsioux.com" is so vague...I know they're working on upgrading the website to make it more user-friendly for web video and audio but it should be easier than this! Granted - they ticked off a LOT of people with the DataFlix Disaster but I've watched several Grand Valley FB games on their free webcast that operates fine so it can be done! Best of luck tomorrow CIA!

I will be in Bemidji this afternoon for my daughters gymnastics meet...does KFGO reach Bemidji?

UND 31

USD 24

GO SIOUX!

If the Mighty 790 does not reach out to Bemidji I would be surprised. I live 140 miles (as the crow flies) south of Grand Forks and get all of the away games. (I am at the home games). You could also try 96.1 FM which will come in better if it is cloudy.

GO SIOUX!

We get KFGO just fine in Park Rapids in the daylight. As soon as the sun goes down, though, it becomes very difficult to hear.

the footprint for KFGO changes when the sun goes down. They have to fine tune the signal as to not get interference from another station

daytime coverage

KFGO_AM_LD.gif

nightime coverage

KFGO_AM_LN.gif

I'm screwed!!! My computer is slower than molasses today. It's taken me over 40 minutes to get to this screen. As I'm typing the tool bar is still filling in (I'm done typing and previewing,tool bar still filling in)!! I'm going to the Grand Canyon; it's about an hour and a half away. Maybe by the time I get back this will have posted in the thread. (made the mistake to preview this post, 3 minutes later....)

GO SIOUX!!!!!

*sniff, sniff, :D *

Has anyone watched the video feed of Sioux games in the past? I click the link but it says to enter a user name and password, but it doesn't mention how or where to get a user name and password.

That has happened for hockey webcasts before the webcast is up. When it's up, you'll go directly to the webast without getting asked for the uname/password.

Should add that I was just guessing that the link would be the same today as it is for hockey, since no info on where to access the webcast was written in the press release.

The hockey feed has been up 30 minutes+ prior to game start; looks like there is still no football available at that link, less than 5 minutes from game time.