SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Huskies

GBpakrzz

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic here but where is Tim Okeife (sp) on the radio? TH's sidekick sucks

Sweeney' sidekick used to be an assistant head coach, but that doesn't stop him from not knowing the rules of the game.

Maybe next time Williams and whatshisname should do "Penalty Shots" next time on "Rules of the Game" ;)

Not sure, but the replays, to me (armchair replay official) didn't show conclusive evidence that Goepfert got hit with the puck BEFORE the puck was across the goal line.

But it was initially called a goal, so without conclusive evidence otherwise, shouldn't the call have remained as initially called?

Nice job by the Sioux tonight. ;) I thought they played quite well. 3 out of 4 points is pretty good for the weekend; that meens the Sioux have captured 75% of available points so far this year. Lets just not get caught off gaurd in Alaska like Wisconsin almost did last night.

So how was the crowd atmosphere tonight? It seemed to be better from the TV. Thanks.

And Siouxdonym- UND didn't get outplayed tonight as much as you think. There were times where our aggressiveness got us in trouble, sure, but we did pretty good, especially in the third period and after Porter's goal in the 2nd.

I'll rephrase it for you then. IMHO, the Sioux were lucky a lot of times that the Husky's didn't end it prior to OT. What did they miss, 2 or 3 open nets? Yes, the Sioux had their chances too, but Goepfert was in good positon on the majority of those. Not blaming Grieco necessarily. Just think we were pretty lucky to get out of tonights game with the 1 point, and I'm content with that. As far as the Toews kick, replay did show it go into Goepfert first before going into the goal, at least it looked that way on my little fuzzy videocast. BigGreyAnt made a valid point though that the call on the ice was a goal to begin with.

Thoughts on the game.

The goal that didn't count that REALLY stung was the quick whistle in the first period. That was a goal, except Mason couldn't keep track of the puck. Of course by rule the goal can't count, I know that.

The WCHA doesn't allow "controversial" calls to be shown on the jumbo-tron. To me that must really show a total lack of faith in their officials. I haven't seen the video of the disallowed 3rd period goal. I haven't seen a replay of the last second drag down of Chris Porter.

Maybe they were good calls, but the league doesn't have the confidence that their highly paid official got it right. If they don't have the confidence in their officials, why should I?

All in all it was a good fast up and down game. Too bad about the cloud it ended on.

I'm betting that Mason was checking the clock at the last second rather than trying to double check his non-penalty shot call.

Did anyone see what got Mean Ryan Duncan so mad about. A guy next to me said he got a stick to the head.

I hate Mason!

Sioux played well, had some great chances... Grieco made some good saves... overall the game was fun, minus Mason

It may surprise you but...

Mason's not the worst the WCHA can throw at you.

Remember, like them or not, UMD and UMN had to put up with Adam.

There's always Anderson (though he and Shepherd have gotten better the past few years) and Hunt.

Thoughts on the game.

The goal that didn't count that REALLY stung was the quick whistle in the first period. That was a goal, except Mason couldn't keep track of the puck. Of course by rule the goal can't count, I know that.

The WCHA doesn't allow "controversial" calls to be shown on the jumbo-tron. To me that must really show a total lack of faith in their officials. I haven't seen the video of the disallowed 3rd period goal. I haven't seen a replay of the last second drag down of Chris Porter.

Maybe they were good calls, but the league doesn't have the confidence that their highly paid official got it right. If they don't have the confidence in their officials, why should I?

All in all it was a good fast up and down game. Too bad about the cloud it ended on.

I'm betting that Mason was checking the clock at the last second rather than trying to double check his non-penalty shot call.

Did anyone see what got Mean Ryan Duncan so mad about. A guy next to me said he got a stick to the head.

On that first disallowed it was a bad call. mason was on the other side of the goalie and couldn't see the puck. It was NEVER covered.

I think the kicked in goal shouldn't have been allowed, but they only showed the overhead twice. I don't think it would matter if Goephart touched it.

I also don't think it should've been a penalty shot at the end and I don't think we would've scored in 1 second, but how the F do you let them have 5 guys on the ice after a penalty call?

Thoughts on the game.

My speculation was that it was Dan Kronick. Earlier in the game, TH remarked that Kronick punched Oshie to the back of the helmet behind the play.

And when the scrum occurred, there was Kronick right in the middle of it.

A strange night at the Ralph.

We played well, I thought the best jump, the best playmaking, that I've seen in 6 games this year. Still, the tie felt like a loss.

A few random comments:

1) Duncan going postal - Right on the faceoff, Kronick ignores the puck and punches Duncan in the head. Saw it live, thought maybe I was seeing it with green-tinted vision, but watched again on tape. Definitely a punch - Duncan's head snaps back. Thankfully, Duncan didn't get kicked out - but I loved that he brought Kronick to his knees with 3 good crosschecks, including one across the neck.

2) On the last faceoff, St Cloud should have been called for too many men - they had 5 plus goalie! Worst of all, Toews got booted from the draw because our messing around getting Porter off the ice caused a delay, when it should have been a SC guy booted too.

I want Shepard.

3) On the un-goal - Toews definitely kicked at it. I thought originally he grazed it with his stick before it went in (it all happens right in front of me) so I thought it would be hard to overturn. Still, I think they got the call right.

4) We deserved a better fate tonight. Yes, SC had a few chances, but for every one they got, we got two. Watkins was all over the place - could have had 2.

5) First PP unit looks fab (Toews-Oshie-Duncan-Lee-Chorney). Second PP unit is not effective yet. (Genoway-Radke-Miller-Watkins-Porter)

6) During OT, the Sioux PK was perhaps the best 2-minute sequence shorthanded I've seen in years. Absolutely had SC befuddled, we parried everything and gave them nothing.

7) Goepfert was very lucky.

8) Porter with another great effort.

9) Bina!!!! with his 2nd career goal, first of this year. Great example of D stepping into the play and catching SC by surprise. Maybe it was my imagination, but when his name was announced with the goal, it was perhaps the loudest cheer of the night.

Mixed feelings. I don't have a sister, so I don't know what kissing her would be like. But its a bittersweet night. More later.