Oshie or Toews?

Kozek or Duncan?

Forney or Zajac?

Radke or Kaip?

Lee or Porter?

Bina or Miller?

------------------

I'm going with:

Oshie, because he's too old for the WJC by days.

Kozek, on a gut feeling that he'll clean up on a scoring line.

Forney, although he'll be trailing at the halfway point.

Radke, on the strength of second unit PP assists, although it won't be easy as Kaip has become a scoring machine.

Lee, with a big offensive year on the PP. If Porter ends up on a PP unit, he could also have a big year.

Miller, surprises by contributing regularly from a lower line, while Bina pulls an Andy Schneider and focuses on defense as an upperclassman.

Oshie or Toews?

Kozek or Duncan?

Forney or Zajac?

Radke or Kaip?

Lee or Porter?

Bina or Miller?

------------------

I'm going with:

Radke, on the strength of second unit PP assists, although it won't be easy as Kaip has become a scoring machine.

Lee, with a big offensive year on the PP. If Porter ends up on a PP unit, he could also have a big year.

Miller, surprises by contributing regularly from a lower line, while Bina pulls an Andy Schneider and focuses on defense as an upperclassman.

Toews.

Duncan

Forney

Radke-assists(comparing him to a forward is weird)

Porter-he is ready to break out

Miller-should play enough to put up some points

I'm going to go with:

Toews -- Oshie, IMO, will score more goals, but I think Toews will have more points.

Duncan -- This will be close. I like Kozek a lot, but I saw a lot of scoring touch from Duncan last year and I just think he'll end up with more points. Kozek, like Oshie, could very well end up with more goals.

Forney -- Zajac is more of a grinder with a scoring upside. Forney is more of a scorer with a grinding upside.

Radke -- Based solely upon role on the team and assists. Kaip is this season's Prpich. Score if possible, but that's not his main role. Radke's out there to add offense in the offensive zone blueline.

Tie -- Probably not the option you intended, jk, but I think points wise, Porter and Lee will end up with the same or very close to the same amount of points. Porter will be goal-heavy while Lee will be assist-heavy.

Miller vs. Bina -- I'm going to go off the board and say vandevelde will have more points than both of these two. Miller has to show that he can sustain his flashes of brilliance while staying on the puck and Bina just has to focus on getting back into the game after a traumatic injury. If I were to choose one of the two players selected, I'd choose Bina since Miller is the "best" option at this point for platoon duties.

Oshie or Toews?

Kozek or Duncan?

Forney or Zajac?

Radke or Kaip?

Lee or Porter?

Bina or Miller?

------------------

I'm going with:

Toews - He was just coming into his own at the end of the season. Will build from there. That's no knock against Oshie. All season long I think Sioux fans will be saying Toews? Oshie? Oshie? Toews? Who cares, we have them both!

Kozek - I too think he is ready to break out and I expect Duncan will get more attention this coming year.

Zajac - I don't think either of these guys will score a bunch, but Zajac has played at a higher level. Forney's upside might be showing by the end of the year, but Zajac will have the better first year.

Kaip - Still waiting for Radke to start scoring more goals, and I think Kaip might have found his at the end of last year. Doubt we'll be needing both hands and feet to count 'em, though.

Porter - I don't think Lee is a great goal scorer. I think he likes to put the puck in play, even on the PP, and let others put it in. Since most of us expect Porter to get a lot of time on one of the top 2 lines, I think he out-biscuits Lee.

Miller - Bina probably won't have to play much at forward this year. So he'll be able to concentrate on D. And with the offensive D that the team has, I agree he might be called on to be more responsible defensively. Miller showed some flashes last year, and I'm really hoping that there are a couple of guys who can play with him on a 4th line that can create some chances for each other. If so he out duels Bina.

Oshie or Toews?

Close one... but "Toews" rhymes with "saves" so I give Oshie the nod.

Kozek or Duncan?

Duncan. The best shot from the dot in the WCHA.

Forney or Zajac?

Zajac. (won the coin toss)

Radke or Kaip?

Kaip... rhymes with snipe.

Lee or Porter?

I think Porter will win by a narrow margin.

Bina or Miller?

Bina wins the coin toss, but there's a lot of unknowns about his return.

How about this one. Who will score more?

Toews vs. Wheeler

Oshie vs. Hirsh

Duncan vs. Gordon

Porter vs. Stoa

Kozek vs. Howe

Watkins vs. Okposo

Lee vs. Goligoski

I don't know the Gophers, Their returners don't have very good stats, but that doesn't mean those guys won't have break out years.

Toews vs. Wheeler

Oshie vs. Hirsh

Duncan vs. Gordon

Porter vs. Stoa

Kozek vs. Howe

Watkins vs. Okposo

Lee vs. Goligoski

I don't know the Gophers, Their returners don't have very good stats, but that doesn't mean those guys won't have break out years.

Wheeler had 9 goals as a freshman last year. Not too shabby. Hirsch had a ton of assists the last year he played, but I don't think a ton of goals. Gordon had about 12 last year. Was he a product of Kessel and the power play? Or can he maintain that level of play. We'll see. Howe appears to have a ton of ability but a medical issue that seems to apply a governor. If that's straightened out he might explode this year. I just have a gut feeling Okposo is going to be no fun for an opposing fan. I see Goligoski scoring more goals than Lee. Doesn't necessarily mean I like him better. But my impression is that Lee does a good job of throwing the puck at the net (and getting it there) where others can clean it up, but doesn't necessary shoot to score every time. Again, just my impression from last year.

Gopher players don't have the gaudy stats coming in as some of our guys do, but I think there's too much potential there for them not to cause plenty of pain this season.

Toews vs. Wheeler

Oshie vs. Hirsh

Duncan vs. Gordon

Porter vs. Stoa

Kozek vs. Howe

Watkins vs. Okposo

Lee vs. Goligoski

Toews

Oshie

Ducan

Stoa

Kozek

Okposo (I think he will be the WCHA rookie of the year)

Goligoski

I just have a gut feeling Okposo is going to be no fun for an opposing fan. I see Goligoski scoring more goals than Lee.

I agree on both of these points.

Okposo is going to be a force. I can't think of anyone right now that will really challenge him for WCHA ROTY, unless we get a surprise candidate emerging (like Oshie last year).

I see Goligoski as being more offensive than Lee, but I also see Brian making big strides from last season as he will be more confident with the puck (and on the defensive side as well).

I agree on both of these points.

Okposo is going to be a force. I can't think of anyone right now that will really challenge him for WCHA ROTY, unless we get a surprise candidate emerging (like Oshie last year).

I see Goligoski as being more offensive than Lee, but I also see Brian making big strides from last season as he will be more confident with the puck (and on the defensive side as well).

You don't think that Erik Johnson can challenge him for ROTY. I would guess that Johnson will be the preseason ROTY, and if he puts up halfway decent offensive numbers I would think he would have a decent chance of winning. Okposo should get a lot of ice time and will need to score for Minnesota to do well, but if I had a one-year player like Johnson, I would be using the heck out of him as well.

I'm going to agree with brianvf, even with Erik Johnson. Erik is going to be a good one, but he's a defenseman. Unless he pulls a Matt Carle in his first year (amass an amazing amount of points), I think Okposo will be ROTY.

And Goligoski is more acclimated, been around longer, to the college game so I think he'll score more goals than Lee. However, all around game-wise, I'd rather have Lee.

Erik Johnson maybe?

Ooh, yeah, I'm an idiot. Forgot all about Johnson, as I was just trying to think of the incoming forwards.

UMN might have the best two frosh in the league next year with Johnson and Okposo. Fortunately for us Sioux fans, those 2 players will only play a combined 2 or 3 years in college.

I am looking forward to our incoming recruiting class though. A lot of players that could be impact players for 3 or 4 years for the Sioux.

Ooh, yeah, I'm an idiot. Forgot all about Johnson, as I was just trying to think of the incoming forwards.

UMN might have the best two frosh in the league next year with Johnson and Okposo. Fortunately for us Sioux fans, those 2 players will only play a combined 2 or 3 years in college.

I am looking forward to our incoming recruiting class though. A lot of players that could be impact players for 3 or 4 years for the Sioux.

This year's class does not have the star power of last year's but the players coming in are much more likely to be around as seniors and be pretty good players as juniors and seniors

This year's class does not have the star power of last year's but the players coming in are much more likely to be around as seniors and be pretty good players as juniors and seniors

Agreed.

Players like Zajac, VandeVelde, Genoway, and Bishop could be key players for the Sioux in their jr/sr seasons. I'm not sure about Forney. If he has as much upside as some people say, he might be only a 2 or 3 year player.

Either way, like you said, a very good class despite lack of 'star power'.

Toews vs. Wheeler

Oshie vs. Hirsh

Duncan vs. Gordon

Porter vs. Stoa

Kozek vs. Howe

Watkins vs. Okposo

Lee vs. Goligoski

Although they won't miss his D blunders, Harrington was a big factor in UMTC scoring last season. If and when he did get possesion of the puck he was very good at the quick and accurate passes. I still believe that when it comes to scoring this years UMTC team will be quite challenged hence my comments within the rankings thread. I would imagine that Ogopogo will be given enough ice time that he should outscore Watkins but I would give the nod to the Sioux players for all of the other pairings.