SiouxSports.com Forum

Potts Resigns

SiouxMD

This whole mess is about inequity.

You mean the current equity funding that NDSU and the rest of the state universities agreed to a few years ago?

Oh yeah by NDSU "underfunded standards." Valley City State is WAY overfunded. Can someone please take a bunch of money away from VCSU to help NDSU out!!!!

NDSU needs to stop comparing itself to UND for funding and thinks its getting shorted. Why weren't they smart enough to think there was a problem before they signed on to the agreement?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the current equity funding that NDSU and the rest of the state universities agreed to a few years ago?

Oh yeah by NDSU "underfunded standards." Valley City State is WAY overfunded. Can someone please take a bunch of money away from VCSU to help NDSU out!!!!

NDSU needs to stop comparing itself to UND for funding and thinks its getting shorted. Why weren't they smart enough to think there was a problem before they signed on to the agreement?

What agreement did they sign?

I assume you're referring to the results of the higher ed round table.

WTF are you talking about? 5th Best inst. of higher learning?

p.s. I could give a rats ass about what you guys think of Pres. Chapman. The man knows how to get it done. Especially when the SBoHE is ineffective to begin with.

(Here's your predicted response : your a blind follower Nano. Come up with some better smartass replies you guys are known for...)

Good comeback. If you could give a "rats ass" then don't let it bother you.

I have said already that Chapman has done a good job for Fargo. I believe after reading all of the rhetoric surrounding the issue the board has affirmed that the Chancellor should have authority over the Presidents. That is why the chancellor does the evaluation on the presidents. I serve on a school board and attend a number of workshops and conferences and I do not know of situations where you are not evaluated by your supervisor. With this board who knows?

I had a long discussion with a gentleman who very eloquently let me know why he and most of the Chapman backers do not feel he should answer to Potts. Chapman has done a very good job for the Fargo campus. They will put up with his arrogance and demands if it in anyway can get them closer to what they think is the "flagship" University in N. Dak. They think there should not be so many colleges and or Universities in North Dakota and the Mayvilles and the Minots are taking away money that could go to Fargo. I understand the argument about too many schools but change the rules first before you yell hi ho silver or scream yellow or whatever and ride off by yourself.

Whether or not UND has more students does not place them at the top of the list nor will NDSU be at the top of the list if if they become the largest school in the state. I don't see this as a UND vs. NDSU deal but the gentleman I spoke with thinks it is important to put that spin on the issue to take some pressure off of Chapman. I don't live in N.Dak. so I am on the outside looking in but they recruit our kids and we have a vested interest in what we may think is ethical or appropriate behavior by Chapman. He doesn't discount that Chapman has been disrespectful nor even dishonest with Potts, the board or the public. He simply makes the point that "Smokin' Joe is doing more for the AC than anyone has in years and they will protect him no matter what. The political clout is in Fargo and they are using that clout to put pressure on the board and the Governor". (His response not mine). I understand that and don't blame the Fargo folks for backing him I just don't care for how he has treated Potts or his peers. My information will not be proved on this type of Forum and even if I could give good evidence here it won't matter. There is enough information in the AG's report to give credence to some of what I believe and to give credence to Professor Lemon's editorial.

Lastly, just for your entertainment pleasure the answer to your "WTF" question on the AC being the 5th best institution of higher learning in N.Dak.

1. UND (obviously)

2.University of Mary

3. Jamestown College

4.Bismarck St. Mary's High School

5.Your Alma Mater, the Agricultural College in Fargo. (I know once they made Minot State a University they started calling you guys NDSU or whatever, but to those of us in the know who have been there and lived in those dorms and the Fraternity at the AC and also gone to a real University we know it will always be the AC.

Good night and God Bless.

IraMurphy, boy do you have some blind hatred for NDSU. It's not even funny...

However, I'll let you keeping think that, as we pass UND in everything...

You bison fans are so damn insecure about everything. Name one item in IraMurphy's post that was hateful. You really must be insecure about Bismarck St. Mary's being a higher rated institution than NDSU to consider that 'hateful.' ??? A quick check of Bisonville shows that many of your posts, Nanobison, show a high degree of outright contempt and hate of UND or Grand Forks. There is no comparison in the rhetoric here relative to Bisonville.

The whole issue about Chapman is his character - no one is questioning Chapman's ability to get this done his way. Power by any human being needs checks and balances. The drive for so-called NDSU superiority, which in my view is driven by deep-seated bison cultural insecurity, has NDSU backers supporting anyone that furthers their cause, apparently regardless of the principles. NDSU and their leadership can do better than this and their fans should demand it.

IraMurphy, boy do you have some blind hatred for NDSU. It's not even funny...

However, I'll let you keeping think that, as we pass UND in everything...

A small dose of Haldol may curb your delusions and hallucinations son. The only thing you have passed UND in is gas.

The AC fans have been a source of entertainment for quite some time. I have no hatred for the school nor their teams. I am just not a fan of either. I am a fan of their fans however. I like Ozzie too but he is still an idiot.

I was once recruited to play for the AC by Ron Erhardt and Whitey Bodine but I couldn't get my ACT score low enough to qualify so I went to UND. I am glad you qualified.

I was once recruited to play for the AC by Ron Erhardt and Whitey Bodine but I couldn't get my ACT score low enough to qualify so I went to UND. I am glad you qualified.

That's funny, considering that UND just raised their academic admissions requirements to what NDSU already had! ???

A quick check of Bisonville shows that many of your posts, Nanobison, show a high degree of outright contempt and hate of UND or Grand Forks.

You actually read my posts? ??????;););)

That should read "UND AND Grand Forks". I hate them both!!! But I can't get enough of the Bulletin Boards, hence why I'm here.

You better watch out before NDSU Club Hockey goes professional... That day will be the fall of the Fighting Sioux.

No, that day that pro roster will be like every other, namely, featuring an alumnus of the University of North Dakota. ???

And as a weak attempt to steer this back to subject, will Potts be the GM and Chapman the head coach of the team? And how long after that will Chapman have Potts resigning and thus have both jobs? ???

Actually I don't care about the Hockey.

It's amazing how many Bison fans don't care about "the hockey"

Before 1993 anytime I said anything UND to my family it was always "who cares about anything but football" Then Mike Mooney stripped the ball and it became...."so, we beat you in basketball" ???

I worked in Fargo for a few years and the number of NDSU grads/supporters I met with UND Fighting Sioux Hockey tickets is amazing. Regardless of the NanoBisons, et el, who anonymously profess to not like 'the hockey', the number of NDSU students, alum and supporters who attend and follow Fighting Sioux hockey and drool over others' season tickets far outnumbers the ' I don't like the hockey' crowd. I continue to get asked for my season tickets by NDSU grads/supporters, 'if you're not going to use them'. As if that's ever going to happen!! ???

So, is Chapman lying to the AG and/or the media going to be buried by Chapman and Co. and their supporters with cries of "This is all UND's fault because they're jealous of us." (This is where a little green guy throwing up would go, if I only knew how to add him.)

Unfortunately, neither of us, Siouxcia, can back up our claims...

Sure I can. Do you think I don't know the names of the NDSU people who I know have season tickets and those others that are asking me for mine "when you're not using them". I know those names while on the other hand you and you're pals who continuously accuse us of 'hating and being jealous of NDSU' can't backup your claims.

As I've stated too many times before, it takes a lot of energy and passion to 'hate' and I do not hate NDSU. I miss the football rivalry which was great fun. I attended UND because they offered the program I wanted. As a graduate of UND, I am a 'loud and proud' aluma. I show my support monetarily and as a fan of all its' sports, programs, etc. If that means I 'hate' NDSU, I guess I have to look up the definition because it doesn't fit mine.

On the other hand, it takes a lot of arrogance and insecurity to continuously proclaim others 'hate and are jealous' of you. Too bad you waste so much time and energy on that when you could be using it to look for evidence to prove that Chapman and Co. did not lie to the AG and/or the media. I'm still waiting for one of you Chapman and Co. blind followers to answer the question, 'When did Chapman lie? When he answered the AG's questions, proclaimed to not remember specific incidents that would make him look like a maverick who considered himself above the rules and regulations of the SBoHE that the other Presidents had to follow or when he spoke to the media, denying everything he told the AG?