SiouxSports.com Forum

Potts Resigns

SiouxMD

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody make me a hot beef sandwich?

You choose your response:

(a) Gravy over the top or on the side?

or

(b) Presto! You're a hot beef sandwich! :crazy:

PS - I'm with PCM on the importance of this. This is rattling not just through ND SBoHE but the Governor's and AG's offices and the Legislative leadership. This is going to play through the coming legislative session and beyond (think: election time).

Is the whole Chapman/Potts/NDUS thing really that big of a deal in the real spectrum of life?

Crap like this happens on a daily basis in our government, we just don't hear about it.

I think it's all rather booooorish. Can somebody make me a hot beef sandwich?

Nope, too hot. How about cold ham on rye?

Actually, I think it is.

Me too and it has nothing to do with UND vs NDSU.

OK, this is probably the right time to admit this. I've been avoiding this for years...

Remember when I told you my older son was in prison? Well, he wasn't. He was actually attending NDSU and I paid for it all. :crazy:

Remember when I told you my older son was in prison? Well, he wasn't. He was actually attending NDSU and I paid for it all. :angry:

It's okay *pats you on the back* my whole family went to NDSU......and I used to wear Bison clothing all the time when I was growing up.

Did I just say that outloud?

Anyway, I would like the hot beef sandwhich to eat it, not to become it. I'll take the gravy on the side, and.......actually all I want is the gravy.

And I can say that cause I just finished my daily run.

It's okay *pats you on the back* my whole family went to NDSU......and I used to wear Bison clothing all the time when I was growing up.

Did I just say that outloud?

Thanks. OK, *big sigh*, may as well come clean.....

My son's wife is getting her doctorate from UMtc. *ducks*

She got her undergraduate and graduate degrees from a school out east. She was on their basketball team and track team (she's a runner). The Black Squirrels don't have a hockey team, so she is now a HUGE Fighting Sioux fan. She does not support any Gopher team!!

Are we ok?? ;)

Remember when I told you my older son was in prison? Well, he wasn't. He was actually attending NDSU and I paid for it all. ;)

Too bad. He'd probably have more employability with a stretch in Stillwater or Attica than a degree from 'SU ... :angry:;)

Sioux-cia,

HockeyMom,

Each of you say five "Our Parise" and five "Hail Tony (Hrkac)" and continue to regularly attend the Church of Sioux Hockey. Your sins are forgiven. Go in peace.

Thank you, Father Sicatoka. Catharsis is good for the soul! I will watch my Sioux highlights tonight and every night until October 1st at which time I will be in my seat in Section 113 at the Ralph for every home game.

Too bad. He'd probably have more employability with a stretch in Stillwater or Attica than a degree from 'SU ... ;);)

I guess that's why he's back in school. ;)

(I thought it was an ego thing, not wanting to be less educated than his wife. :angry: )

Sioux-cia,

HockeyMom,

Each of you say five "Our Parise" and five "Hail Tony (Hrkac)" and continue to regularly attend the Church of Sioux Hockey. Your sins are forgiven. Go in peace.

Well, I was on my way to a whockey game at The Ralph one Sunday and my brother called and asked if I was on my way to church.......and I said yes. Does that make everything better?

In other news, I can't believe how perfect this morning was, and how it did a complete 180 after lunch.

I didn't see this mentioned earlier:

However, Phil Harmeson, a senior associate to Kupchella, confirmed that he had called Paulsen and discussed the position with him, and W. Jeremy Davis, who was dean of UND's law school for almost 20 years, was nominated in an e-mail to another search committee member.
"The recent situation in higher ed, of course, hasn't been a secret," Harmeson said Tuesday. "I just think we have an opportunity to let folks know that this ship is not sinking, that in fact, a great deal of good is occurring."

"I owe North Dakota a lot, and if there is some way I could be of some service to North Dakota, I'm willing to think about it," Davis said.

The AP story on the search for an intermim chancellor has some interesting names ....

Phil Harmeson, a senior associate to Kupchella, confirmed that he had called Paulsen and discussed the position with him, and W. Jeremy Davis, who was dean of UND's law school for almost 20 years, was nominated in an e-mail to another search committee member.
A couple of UND faculty folks. :angry:

A search committee, headed by John Q. Paulsen, the president of North Dakota's Board of Higher Education, is meeting Wednesday to consider potential candidates. Paulsen has asked potential applicants to contact him by telephone, to avoid creating a paper record that might have to be publicly disclosed before the meeting.

Isn't that intentionally skirting the open meetings law? Do tigers change their stripes?

A possible two-year interim chancellor? Isn't that an oxymoron considering the last regular chancellor only lasted two years?

Names on the list of nine for interim chancellor:

Lee Vickers
, president of Dickinson State University

Charles Cheney
, the former superintendent of West Fargo's public schools

W. Jeremy Davis
, a former dean of the University of North Dakota's law school

Eddie Dunn
, vice chancellor for strategic planning in the NDUS main office in Bismarck

Phil Harmeson
, assistant to the president of the University of North Dakota

Paul Markel
, a psychology professor at Minot State University

James Schobel
, a former president of Mayville State University

Richard Tschider
, a retired president of St. Alexius Medical Center in Bismarck

Earl Strinden
, former director of UND's alumni association and a former ND House Republican majority leader;