SiouxSports.com Forum

Potts Resigns

SiouxMD

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for one of you Chapman and Co. blind followers to answer the question, 'When did Chapman lie? When he answered the AG's questions, proclaimed to not remember specific incidents that would make him look like a maverick who considered himself above the rules and regulations of the SBoHE that the other Presidents had to follow or when he spoke to the media, denying everything he told the AG?

I'm sorry Sioux-cia, Maybe I missed something, but I'm still waiting to hear exactly what rules and regulations of the SBoHE that Dr. Chapman broke that all of the other Presidents had to follow. Maybe you could fill us in since you seem to have extensive knowledge of this situation. It's obviously not hatred or jealousy behind your statements, so I'm sure you must know what violations Chapman is guilty of. Please fill us in.

I want to thank the visionary Chapman again for going around the boards authority and lobbying for NDSU and helping force out such an incompetent leader in Potts (after getting such good reviews), now we can replace him with a much better candidate. The ones that are currently taking themselves out of the race cause they don't want the position. This will indeed in the end make the North Dakota University System a better place for all in higher education. ;)

Again. I say thanks.

Cratter.

Two guest columns in Thursday's Grand Forks Herald spelled out the Potts-Chapman issue quite clearly.

HIGHER-ED FOLLIES:

Passive-aggressive tactics win out in N.D. higher ed

Impressive column from a man with rather impecable credentials:

Heuerman, a former U.S. Secret Service agent, is a writer and consultant. He holds a doctorate in leadership and organizational change from Union Institute and University in Cincinnati.

Amen to this:

Potts, a man of integrity, resigned. The one person who behaved with maturity is expelled from the system because he was different from the rest.
Board members: Potts didn't speak our (passive-aggressive backstabbing) language ;)

Words of warning:

Citizens should be especially watchful for a reorganization - another way to avoid dealing with conflict and to give the appearance of progress. Passive-aggressive behavior prevents the creativity that comes from dealing with conflict directly. All of our institutions are in desperate need of that creativity.

After this interim chancellor fiasco, this board has clearly shown that it's not up to the task.

It is time for an "after-action review" by all the players, led by the governor, to ask, "What happened, and what can we learn from it?" This reflective process could lead to some fundamental decisions (and accountabilities) to disagree in more mature ways. Those who cannot change should resign or be fired. That would be a fitting legacy to this sad tale.

I'm sorry Sioux-cia, Maybe I missed something, but I'm still waiting to hear exactly what rules and regulations of the SBoHE that Dr. Chapman broke that all of the other Presidents had to follow. Maybe you could fill us in since you seem to have extensive knowledge of this situation. It's obviously not hatred or jealousy behind your statements, so I'm sure you must know what violations Chapman is guilty of. Please fill us in.

Ad hominem lives and thrives in Bisonville!!

Geeze Louise!! I ask a question and I keep getting 'you hate NDSU, you're jealous of NDSU, we're better than UND, Chapman is god, Chapman get's us what we want, no one else matters except NDSU because we're better and above all the other schools, yada yada yada!' I've asked the same question numerous times and have yet to get an answer from any Chapman supporters. When did Chapman lie? Did he lie to the AG when he answered some of the questions asked of him and when he feigned memory loss when asked other questions? Or did he lie to the media when he denied answers he had given the AG? (refer to post #79 for specifics.)

Read the thread, nd1sufan, for the information regarding Chapman's refusal to follow the rules and regulations of the SBoHE. It was an extremely busy day at work and I don't have the time nor the inclination to spoon feed you.

The Board fumbles yet once again as the only two finalists for Interim Chancellor BOTH drop out of the race!!!

Chapman and NDSU fans have problems with Potts and now The Board also? Which one is it? I guess now the board and the chancellor were/are incompetent. Yes, its the boards fault no one wants the position. The board made this mess. ;)

I saw this in the Bismarck Tribune.

Potts' agreement says he must remain as chancellor until an interim successor is hired but also allows him to take another full-time job at any time until his contract ends on June 30, 2007.

As it stands Potts will remain the chancellor.

The gang that couldn't shoot straight.

Late Friday, Potts said no one had spoken to him about continuing on as chancellor after Tuesday.

The search committee, of which Paulsen was chairman, had suggested hiring an interim chancellor for 17 months to 24 months. However, at a board meeting Thursday, members voted 5-3 to reject the longer term, favoring arguments by board member Bruce Christianson that the job should be filled by July 2007.

Vickers said he spoke to Paulsen about the debate Friday, and described him as frustrated by its outcome.

"It's obvious that there are differing opinions among the board members regarding the interim position, the length of the position, and the responsibilities," Vickers said. "Clearly, this is a board perogative, so they will, I'm sure, work that out."

Paulsen, asked if he agreed with the description, said, "I voted against the proposal to shorten the term. I think that speaks for itself."

It seems to me that Paulson wants Potts gone Now and doesn't want to wait for until July 2007.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/20...tate/118458.txt

So if an interim Chancellor cannot be found and Potts' can pursue another job and take it, who will assume the responsiblitites of Chancellor? Fargo Paulson? Chapman? Hoven?

Well, there goes any chance of equity among the schools!! Was this THE PLAN all along? The guy with the most friends in 'high places' rules and ends up with the biggest pot?

This whole issue is stinkin' more and more and the citizens of North Dakota are the ones who will end up getting it in the 'end'. Thanks for the fiasco SBoHE members AND Governor Hoven.

So if an interim Chancellor cannot be found and Potts' can pursue another job and take it, who will assume the responsiblitites of Chancellor? Fargo Paulson? Chapman? Hoven?

Well, there goes any chance of equity among the schools!! Was this THE PLAN all along? The guy with the most friends in 'high places' rules and ends up with the biggest pot?

This whole issue is stinkin' more and more and the citizens of North Dakota are the ones who will end up getting it in the 'end'. Thanks for the fiasco SBoHE members AND Governor Hoven.

As if there was any to begin with, what you a little worried that your precious whioux won't get more then they deserve as they have in the past? The whole issue has stunk for quite a while now you just couldn't smell it given that your end was on the receiving end and as you say the citizens of ND are the ones who have been paying for it all along. What a Joke.

Ad hominem lives and thrives in Bisonville!!

Geeze Louise!! I ask a question and I keep getting 'you hate NDSU, you're jealous of NDSU, we're better than UND, Chapman is god, Chapman get's us what we want, no one else matters except NDSU because we're better and above all the other schools, yada yada yada!' I've asked the same question numerous times and have yet to get an answer from any Chapman supporters. When did Chapman lie? Did he lie to the AG when he answered some of the questions asked of him and when he feigned memory loss when asked other questions? Or did he lie to the media when he denied answers he had given the AG? (refer to post #79 for specifics.)

Read the thread, nd1sufan, for the information regarding Chapman's refusal to follow the rules and regulations of the SBoHE. It was an extremely busy day at work and I don't have the time nor the inclination to spoon feed you.

I read the thread. Still don't know what rules he broke. Even if he went to the board to get rid of Potts, what is the crime in that. It is pretty obvious that Potts had a problem with Chapman long before this supposedly happened. Potts had already made it clear that either Chapman goes or he does. What is wrong with Chapman going to the board and finding out which one they were going to support?

Obviously Chapman must have "refused to follow the rules and regulations of the SBoHE" long before any AG investigation, but still don't know what those rules are.