SiouxSports.com Forum

Jordan Parise

Sioux

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if jp did sign...good luck if he did, i think that phil is going to be fantastic...i like his game, he has great mechanics and with grieco as a backup well be running for numero ocho!!

Too bad ESPN doesn't have more channels (ala as in Dodgeball). Otherwise the Sioux could be going for "numero ocho" as it's televised live on ESPN "The Ocho". The promos could read "Going for the Ocho on the Ocho". :ohmy:

BertMcDonalds, Go back to Gopher Crap Live, Oh wait, its busted down Again, sorry!!!

Can I buy some furniture?

Oh great they'll all be coming out of the woodwork (or little damp holes) and once again we'll have to hear all about the one move wonder, that the Don told his hairdresser Johnson will definitely wear the Goofy uniform, that Frazzled is being run out of town in favor of Kangass etc. etc etc. How about this time we talk about all the phenomenal Holy Cross draft picks instead. :ohmy:

Best of luck JP and thanks for three great years. You did deserve at least one NC.

Thank God we are signing all of those Alaska players. No doubt they will be around for four years.

Other than Toews, I think the bleeding may have stopped. What say you Sioux insiders? Oshie, Lee, Chorney, Finley . . . . . are the rest safe from the evil clutches of the NothingbutsiouxHockeyplayersLeague?

Best of luck JP and thanks for three great years. You did deserve at least one NC.

Thank God we are signing all of those Alaska players. No doubt they will be around for four years.

Other than Toews, I think the bleeding may have stopped. What say you Sioux insiders? Oshie, Lee, Chorney, Finley . . . . . are the rest safe from the evil clutches of the NothingbutsiouxHockeyplayersLeague?

oshie and lee will be 2 or 3 year players, chorney 3, and finley 3 years too

give or take a year on all of these guys and youll be at an exact number :ohmy:

oshie and lee will be 2 or 3 year players, chorney 3, and finley 3 years too

give or take a year on all of these guys and youll be at an exact number :ohmy:

Taking a year on Oshie and Lee is what concerns me.

Good for J. Parise and a Fantastic free agent signing for New Jersey. How many brothers have played on the same NHL club at the same time? I know the Sedin twins at Vancouver do...anyway, I must say he exceeded my initial expectations and if he would have gotten the ring I'd say he was maybe the best UND has ever had. One thing I noticed most about his play was his consistent improvement. To me it seemed that he began to read the plays so well that he made things look easy sometimes. Thats a great goaltender, and from my point of view he is still improving alot. Good Luck to Jordan Parise, and thanks for 3 great seasons.

Good for J. Parise and a Fantastic free agent signing for New Jersey. How many brothers have played on the same NHL club at the same time? I know the Sedin twins at Vancouver do...anyway, I must say he exceeded my initial expectations and if he would have gotten the ring I'd say he was maybe the best UND has ever had. One thing I noticed most about his play was his consistent improvement. To me it seemed that he began to read the plays so well that he made things look easy sometimes. Thats a great goaltender, and from my point of view he is still improving alot. Good Luck to Jordan Parise, and thanks for 3 great seasons.

The most recent brother tandem I can think of is the Ferraro twins, Chris and Peter, who played for the Rangers, and later on I believe the Penguins. Also in their younger years played for the Waterloo Blackhawks, the same USHL team that JPar played for.

While that article gives hope to all fans of RSP, there is also bad news. Within the last few weeks Stafford has left the RSP group on Facebook. This has me gravely concerned. Jordy is putting up a valiant front, but I don't know. I'll believe it when I see it. :ohmy:

The most recent brother tandem I can think of is the Ferraro twins, Chris and Peter, who played for the Rangers, and later on I believe the Penguins. Also in their younger years played for the Waterloo Blackhawks, the same USHL team that JPar played for.

The Niedermayer brothers played in Anaheim this past season.

I underestimated what you could do for the Sioux.

Who was the guy that kept telling you, when Jordan was recruited, that he isn't a "tip of the hat" to Zach or JP but a real, solid goalie with very good potential? Who was that again? What'd that guy say again? Oh yeah, something like, "Jordan may well go down in Sioux Hockey history as more significant than Zach."

Who was the guy that kept telling you, when Jordan was recruited, that he isn't a "tip of the hat" to Zach or JP but a real, solid goalie with very good potential? Who was that again? What'd that guy say again? Oh yeah, something like, "Jordan may well go down in Sioux Hockey history as more significant than Zach."

I'm old. I forget. :ohmy:

If you guys get REALLY desperate for a goalie you could have Frazee, I sure as heck would not mind seeing that little puke leave the team, of course even being a Gopher fan I would not even wish that upon you guys. :lol:

Tough loss for the Sioux, I have to say of all the teams the Sioux have to have been hit the hardest by off-season departures. Not sure what kind of talent they have coming in next season but I would think it's going to be a slow start for the Sioux.

Not trying to stir the pot here just giving an opinion but Parise never really did impress me much during the regular season but man did he get on fire during the post-season, when it really mattered too. Wish Briggs could be that way.

Hit the hardest by underclassmen off-season departures? Ya Think? Duh :ohmy: Isn't it that way for the Sioux every year? Although, I don't know how the goofers will overcome the loss of up-Chucko. That'll be a tough one.

Hit the hardest by underclassmen off-season departures? Ya Think? Duh :ohmy: Isn't it that way for the Sioux every year? Although, I don't know how the goofers will overcome the loss of up-Chucko. That'll be a tough one.

Yeah the loss of Chucko actually probably makes the Goofs a better team. I was not impressed with him. He just didn't seem to adjust to the college game. Now hopefully Kessel and EJ sign so the Goofs can feel some pain.

Yeah the loss of Chucko actually probably makes the Goofs a better team. I was not impressed with him. He just didn't seem to adjust to the college game. Now hopefully Kessel and EJ sign so the Goofs can feel some pain.

We are all so busy watching and teasing each other, while UW just sits back and laughs as they appear to only be losing Earl. A healthy Chucko would help the Gophers. They are looking to me to be a little soft next year even by their standards.

Does anyone think either the Gophers or Sioux are done losing players yet? I'm putting the over/under at three more from the Gophs/Sioux combined.

We are all so busy watching and teasing each other, while UW just sits back and laughs as they appear to only be losing Earl. A healthy Chucko would help the Gophers. They are looking to me to be a little soft next year even by their standards.

Does anyone think either the Gophers or Sioux are done losing players yet? I'm putting the over/under at three more from the Gophs/Sioux combined.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid Toews will be gone. I hope to heck that is all, but it's hard to say. I just want to get them over with, however many there are, and know what it is we can put on the ice next season and look forward.

Good point about the Badgers. They're sitting fairly good right now, unless Skille impresses in Chicago too much. Go Skille!

I agree with sagard.

I predict at 3 (EJ, Kessel, and Toews will go).

UW is sitting back and laughing because they've only lost 4 players all season and offseason (IIRC they've lost Earl to the NHL and three players to Major Juniors, one doesn't really count as one is a recruit). I 'hope' Skille impresses Chicago and Ottawa decides to lure Elliot out of Madison. That way the playing field will be more even. Somehow, though, I don't think this will be the case.

In any case, I think UW has a REALLY good chance at the McNaughton next season (at least on paper).