SiouxSports.com Forum

Jordan Parise

Sioux

I just heard a lot of talk after the game in Milwaukee that he blew his chance to go to the NHL this year. That he needed one more year. do not get me wrong I like Jordan, I just think that there are some questions about him.

By the way I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

Did you hear it right from the horses mouth ? I heard alot of talk as I left the Bradley Center about St. Louis signing Oshie, obviously that hasn't happened, yet (keep fingers crossed). You may or may not trust the sources people have that post here, but I can tell you that the odds of Parise being here next year are not real good.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you hear it right from the horses mouth ? I heard alot of talk as I left the Bradley Center about St. Louis signing Oshie, obviously that hasn't happened, yet (keep fingers crossed). You may or may not trust the sources people have that post here, but I can tell you that the odds of Parise being here next year are not real good.

So you're saying there's a chance...Hey Triouxper I thought you were quite confident about Oshie returning next year after this season ended. Are you starting to hedge on that a bit?

So you're saying there's a chance...Hey Triouxper I thought you were quite confident about Oshie returning next year after this season ended. Are you starting to hedge on that a bit?

Yeah, pretty confident he'll be back. I'm not hedging on that or trying to cause a panic. I wouldn't bet on it after next season though.

I just heard a lot of talk after the game in Milwaukee that he blew his chance to go to the NHL this year. That he needed one more year. do not get me wrong I like Jordan, I just think that there are some questions about him.

By the way I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

That is not what I am getting, from the behind the scene people. I used to be skeptical when there was a post that stated that So and So is gone, and wanted a source, however, I have learned there are a few of these people that are pretty trustworthy and have an in. If these people are saying that Jordy is gone, I consider it to be pretty decent. Goon's world also has a Jordan Watch already.

Do you people really think that we will be signed even after Jordan's performance against BC, I thought for sure he would need one more year to prove that he can do better than he did. I realize he is a great goalie, but I think he needs to show that he can play in a big game.

He showed enough to at least move on to the AHL. Many NHL teams including NJ are lacking any depth at the position so he will get the chance to prove himself at the next level.

Real estate, it's said, is all about location, location, location. Given the generally weak crop of goalies in this year's draft, Parise looks like a 2,500-square-foot custom home that backs to a golf course.

Golf course? Nah.

I'd rather have a lot in a cul-de-sac with trees and a river defining the backyard. :lol:

PS - " 2,500-square-foot"? Did they forget to measure and add in the den? ;)

Well, I think Parise's one of the best Sioux goalies ever, but I wouldn't so far as to say that I love him. :lol:;)

Hey PCM being your a stats kind of guy. Where does Jordy sit on the all time list? I remember he was going to surpase like 4th or 5th place this past season but I can't remember the exact details. I do know he is up there in Winning percentage, shutouts and GAA.

Hey PCM being your a stats kind of guy. Where does Jordy sit on the all time list? I remember he was going to surpase like 4th or 5th place this past season but I can't remember the exact details. I do know he is up there in Winning percentage, shutouts and GAA.

If my numbers are correct, this is where Parise sits in these career stats categories:

Wins - 2nd (behind Goehring)

Winning % - 3rd (behind Goehring & Kollar)

GAA - 1st

Save % - 1st

Shutouts - 2nd (behind Goehring)

All of fargosioux's stats are correct. Just to expand on them a bit more, here are Parise's numbers:

1st - Career save percentage (.921)

1st - Career goals against average (2.14)

2nd - Career wins (55)

2nd - Career shutouts (10)

3rd - Career winning percentage (.713)

6th - Career games played (83)

All he needs now is a national championship to go with those impressive numbers. :lol:

Numbers don't mean a thing without da ring.

Parise is an excellent college goalie who could play in the AHL but I just don't see him ever playing regularly at the NHL level. I hope he proves me wrong. I think he is very similar to Karl and, to my knowledge, Goehring had a solid AHL career but never played a game in the NHL.

Hopefully, Jordy will sign into a more favorable situation. The Jackets had already invested their future in Leclaire and there was nothing that Karl could do about it.

Parise is an excellent college goalie who could play in the AHL but I just don't see him ever playing regularly at the NHL level. I hope he proves me wrong. I think he is very similar to Karl and, to my knowledge, Goehring had a solid AHL career but never played a game in the NHL.

Hopefully, Jordy will sign into a more favorable situation. The Jackets had already invested their future in Leclaire and there was nothing that Karl could do about it.

I thought that would have changed after Dean Blais went to columbus. Aparently it didn't because Karl ended up in San Antonio.

Exactly.

Btw, if a team is in such desperate need for a goalie, why would they take a college goalie and not say...uh, Goehring whom I think most agree is a better goalie.

Well maybe not most here.

Today's Grand Forks Herald has an article by Brad Schlossman about Parise's status. There's also something about Toews.

The short answer is: we still don't know.

I just hope we don't read about Lee leaving as well. He is here in Ottawa for the development camp and is clearly the teams top D prospect. Thanks to yesterdays signings the Sens find themselves at little thin at D :lol:

The Elliot signing watch is on here as well.

The Elliot signing watch is on here as well.

I suppose the Badger fans are having fits with that one. I could see Elliot being signed this summer.

Of course this is not what Badger faithful are saying.

Sadly, my last memories of Parise's outstanding college career may be those BC snipers going top shelf on him in the first period of the Frozen Four semi. :lol:

That's a big 10-4. Good goals, but goals that could have been stopped by a solid stopper.

Parise is not NHL material. This said, it does not mean that he cannot, or will not, have a long and productive professional career. It just ain't gonna involve the Show, other than for maybe a cup of joe or two.