SiouxSports.com Forum

DI Decision

UND Fan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you make the move, the spin will be amazing. Let the fun begin. :D

Do you think NDSU and its fans/media would have done/said anything, acted, different than UND did if the roles were reversed.

I do not. So it really is all pointless arguements.

So then why waste so much energy crying about how the mean old NCC schools refused to schedule poor little NDSU?

I will assume that means there won't be any crying on this board when the SU's refuse to play UND until 3 or 4 years after your D1 move unless forced to by a conference schedule. This is one Bison fan who believes the Bison have every right not to play the Sioux until forced to. I'm hoping the two schools end up in different conferences.

I will assume that means there won't be any crying on this board when the SU's refuse to play UND until 3 or 4 years after your D1 move unless forced to by a conference schedule. This is one Bison fan who believes the Bison have every right not to play the Sioux until forced to. I'm hoping the two schools end up in different conferences.

Then you're probably one of the most delusional 'SU fans around. (Which says alot.) 'SU and UND would derive a great deal of income and interest by resurrecting their rivalry. To presume otherwise demonstrates a high level of myopia, and perhaps one too many Milwaukee's Best.

Oh I'm sure Gene Taylor would love to pass up a sold out game on statewide TV. Obviously you don't think about the revenue that is generated from a UND-NDSU game, much more revenue than Concordia-St. Paul. Also, what does ending up in different conferences have anything to do with not playing? Ever heard of Florida-Florida State, Iowa-Iowa State, Colorado-Colorado State, Georgia-Georgia Tech, South Carolina-Clemson? I'm sure all those schools would love to lose their profits off the biggest rivalry game of the year because they don't want to play "to big of a rival".

Oh I'm sure Gene Taylor would love to pass up a sold out game on statewide TV. Obviously you don't think about the revenue that is generated from a UND-NDSU game, much more revenue than Concordia-St. Paul. Also, what does ending up in different conferences have anything to do with not playing? Ever heard of Florida-Florida State, Iowa-Iowa State, Colorado-Colorado State, Georgia-Georgia Tech, South Carolina-Clemson? I'm sure all those schools would love to lose their profits off the biggest rivalry game of the year because they don't want to play "to big of a rival".

rt was very willing to forgo the big payoff, not only in fb but all sports.

*sigh*

I really didn't want to get involved, but this is getting ridiculous. The only UND-'SU game that really mattered was the football game. UND did not want to play shortly after 'SU left the NCC because of playoff implications (the same implications that kept 'SU out of the DII playoffs the year before because they played a DIAA team - Montana - and beat them by the way - instead of playing an in-region DII team). Even so, UND (and RT) were willing to play 'SU - if 'SU would come up to GF to play the game. 'SU didn't like that because they had played in GF the year before, so decided to pass.

If there were no negative playoff consequences for other sports playing 'SU there may indeed be a case for stating that UND was taking punitive measures, but the case cannot be made for football. Also, UND has not played ANY DIAA football team in the interim. The rules have since changed for DII teams playing DIAA teams, and as a result UND has again offered to play 'SU in football. 'SU has declined. UND will play UNI next season instead.

You may now resume urinating upon one another.

NDSU's only chance of ever being on TV again is by playing the SIOUX. :silly:

Good, don't play us for three or four years and waste any advantage you've gained by moving to Division I three years ahead of us. Then we can meet on a truly level playing field and we'll beat your ass just like old times.

Even so, UND (and RT) were willing to play 'SU - if 'SU would come up to GF to play the game. 'SU didn't like that because they had played in GF the year before, so decided to pass.

Where did you get this information? just curious.

The story going around at the time was NDSU offered a 4 year home and home and UND refused.

IIRC, the contract given to UND would have continued the rivalry for four more years, continuing the same rotation: Fargo-GF-Fargo-GF.

The D2 playoff considerations were definitely a factor. I'm glad to see that rule has changed, somewhat-though they are still screwed up big time in D2.

NDSU's only chance of ever being on TV again is by playing the SIOUX. :silly:

How about Oct 21st on Fox Sports Net against the Gophers? I know its not the same as WDAY/WDAZ, but I'm sure they'll take it. And anyone who thinks playoff implications were the ONLY reason RT didn't want to continue playing has had way too many Old Mils.

How about Oct 21st on Fox Sports Net against the Gophers? I know its not the same as WDAY/WDAZ, but I'm sure they'll take it. And anyone who thinks playoff implications were the ONLY reason RT didn't want to continue playing has had way too many Old Mils.

NDSU doesn't have a guarantee they will play the Gophers every year, not to add on to the fact that most or maybe all of NDSU's other games aren't on TV. A game with UND can be thought of as an asset.