SiouxSports.com Forum

DI Decision

UND Fan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG. Well, after that incredible response, I think I'm beat. I'll resign from this topic now. Its not every day every point I make is responded to with nonsense. I mean, come on, you just asked me why their current budget matters? Why "they're title nine now, why wouldn't they be when they move up"? You clearly don't understand my point about the baseball team being dropped (Hint: It falls under finances, which apprently don't matter). You used Savannah state as a model for them? Its just mind blowing.

That's all you got?

I was hoping for an actual response.

Do all SDSU posters turn into eight year old girls who don't get the new barbie when they run out of counter arguments?

USD has plenty of potential money from doners should they move up to USD.

They'd have no problem raising 30 million to build a new arena. Just get in contact with Tom Daschle, What'shisface who owned (still owns? can't remember) the big newspaper, and wasn't there a guy who was a big time news anchor? Etc.

That's all you got?

Do all SDSU posters turn into eight year old girls who don't get the new barbie when they run out of counter arguments?

They'd have no problem raising 30 million to build a new arena. Just get in contact with Tom Daschle, What'shisface who owned (still owns? can't remember) the big newspaper, and wasn't there a guy who was a big time news anchor? Etc.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Obviously not. I'm not going to waste anymore of my time educating you on this. You can figure out yourself, or wallow in ignorance. You should start by checking to see which school in South Dakota Daschle graduated from. Wait, maybe Viniteri can fund a new football stadium for USD too!!!!! You're making a fool of yourself, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, I've got a better idea, maybe NDSU can build a new basketball facility by contacting the Englesteads!!! Man I'm genius!!!!

Why is it bad for the NCC to be at six members, but not for the Great West?

Because the NCC has an autobid and the great west doesn't.

That was my assumption. How many years until a conference can get an auto bid? 13?

I could be off a little bit but it goes something like this.......the same 6 full member schools have to be together for 5 years.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Obviously not. I'm not going to waste anymore of my time educating you on this. You can figure out yourself, or wallow in ignorance. You should start by checking to see which school in South Dakota Daschle graduated from. Wait, maybe Viniteri can fund a new football stadium for USD too!!!!! You're making a fool of yourself, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, I've got a better idea, maybe NDSU can build a new basketball facility by contacting the Englesteads!!! Man I'm genius!!!!

I'm so way off course because I messed one guy up.

They still have the newspaper guy and the news anchor guy. Lots of money.

Must make you SDSU fans jealous.

The ideal size for a football conference is 9. 8 conference games, 4 home, 4 away, 3 OOC's. Especially out west, where there is limited amount of teams. 5 in the Great West, 9 in the Big Sky and 12 in the Southland (7 + UCA play football).

Therefore, there is great interest in picking up 4 Schollie (63) teams. Whether these teams come from California, MN, KS, SD, ND, WA doesn't matter. If these schools are western/midwestern/great plains the GWFC will take them in until up to 9.

Now the all-sports conference, that's a completely different story.

How exactly did the ex-NCC screw NDSU and SDSU? NDSU and SDSU left the conference willingly. It's not like they were kicked out. If anything, those two schools did everything in their power to screw the NCC. Stop playing the victim, it's really obnoxious.

Ding!

That's all you got?

Tom Daschle graduated from SDSU in 1969.

Al Neuharth and Tom Brokaw are USD graduates.

I wonder who'll the sioux will play in their first year of DI? I doubt the SU's will play you and the rest of the ncc might not either. Have fun.

I hope you were being sarcastic. The SU's playing UND would mean an easy sellout and statewide TV. As for the rest of the schedule, UND would have a similar schedule to the SU's, there is no sense in thinking why they wouldn't.

If the Sioux never play NDSU again I won't lose any sleep over it. The Bison are dead to me. After they left the NCC it's almost as if they don't exist anymore. Out of sight, out of mind.

Ah, but they will play. Certain Bison fans' tantrums and fits of pique notwithstanding, UND and 'SU realize they both made some serious $$$ when they played. Both will need the money, and the powers-that-be know it won't all come from playing Joe's Barber College.

Assuming that UND does leap to D-I, AND that they are immediately invited to GWFC action (very likely), then would take over the UNC slot on the schedule. Looking at 04 & 05 UNC schedule, they were on a 4-1 schedule. Hopefully, along with SDSU, this unbalanced schedule gets changed to a 3-2 schedule.

The 4 Away year is the odd years (07/09/11). The 4 home year is even years (06/08/10).

Tom Daschle graduated from SDSU in 1969.

Al Neuharth and Tom Brokaw are USD graduates.

You're a couple posts too late.

I already got it.

How about Neuharth Arena and Brokaw Field at a renovated Dakota Dome?

Not a stretch to my imagination if USD were to announce a move to DI.

If the Sioux never play NDSU again I won't lose any sleep over it. The Bison are dead to me. After they left the NCC it's almost as if they don't exist anymore. Out of sight, out of mind.

I've seen this type of foolish yet all too irrelevent mind set over at bisonville toward UND.

NDSU and UND will play again. There's just no other way about it.

Ding!

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure they appreciate all of the scheduling help over the last few years. Especially in basketball and football, where a grand total of 0 teams has played them from the NCC. Wow, what a great help. Especially Mankato dropping NDSU in football, I'm sure they really appreciated that. Oh, yeah, there might have been a few legislater's in both SD and ND that did everything they could to stop a move to D-I. Oh, yeah, and then there's those fantastic editorials that have been presented by several different news papers absolutely trashing a move to D-I. You don't think any of that from NCC schools was screwing them? You think that NDSU and SDSU were the ones that didn't want games during the beginning of their transition? You think SDSU wouldn't rather be playing an NCC school instead of the NAIA crap they bring in. You think NDSU wouldn't rather be playing an NCC school than concordia st. paul? I'm sorry, but its blatantly obvious that the NCC did everything they could to hurt NDSU and SDSU on the way out. Or how about the NCC trying to implement a new fine before SDSU had time to move D-I, rushing their decision (the same fine UND will probably have to pay ironically). I'm not saying that it was right or wrong, that definitely their perogative, but don't say that they didn't try to hurt them. They had the choice to help or hurt, and they made their decision.

I can see how they screwed the NCC though. I mean, NDSU waiting a year to move, trying to get the whole NCC to go with them. SDSU and NDSU bringing up a vote for a D-I NCC, which UND shot down. Yeah, what a screw job by those schools. Trying to get them to move up in mass, so everyone could avoid this mess that is currently happening.

Every single word of this post is fact. You can cry about how "but their the ones that left us... blah blah blah", but the truth is both of those schools tried to get the whole NCC into D-I at the same time, and when the refused to go, they left the conference. What else were they supposed to do? Wait for the finances at Mankato to get better? Hope that USD became title IX complient? It's idiotic that I even have to revisit all of this, I thought this whole situation was known as facts.

NDSU and SDSU had every right to leave the conference, and they tried their best to keep the conference together, and to avoid the NCC having the problems it is right now. The rest of the NCC administrators were the ones that failed to realize what was going to happen, and their the reason that all of the schools are in a precarious position right now. It wasn't NDSU, SDSU, or UNC's job to worry about the rest of the NCC, and that doesn't mean they screwed them. They gave them EVERY CHANCE IMAGINABLE to help the conference. All parties concerned could have had better football schedules by keeping the SU's on the schedules. And don't tell me it wasn't fair becuase of scholarships or rules. Duluth and Mankato had no problem playing UNI. Oh, wait, I'm sure it was because of the D-II play off committe right? I'm sure that Mankato was reaaaaallll concerned about there annual title run being in jeopardy. Give me a break, if you can't see that there was an NCC ban of NDSU and SDSU, then you're crazy. And if you don't remember the NCC votes to move the conference to D-I (where UND voted no), then you either don't know, or are revising history.

You sound like the little kid and his mom crying that the family is breaking up because his older brother is going to college. Yeah, its sad, but there comes a time when a person or school has to do whats in there best interets too. It doesn't mean that the little brother or mother got screwed, but if they choos not to write or talk to his older brother for the next couple of years, they shouldn't be expecting a real warm welcome either.

This is all history anyway, get over it. I'm pretty sure the admins at NDSU and SDSU currently LOVE the position that there in, and they will be set if a mid con invite comes their way. The rest of the NCC can fight it out, although UND will have the best chance with a years headstart.

When UND leaves the NCC I don't expect NCC schools to schedule UND, like some other schools assumed.

Yes lets help SDSU and NDSU in their transition years as they just helped weaken our conference. Yes we are so eager to schedule them. :lol: Nice logic. You don't break up with your girlfriend and then ask her to keep dating you until you find someone better.

When UND leaves the NCC I don't expect NCC schools to schedule UND, like some other schools assumed.

Yes lets help SDSU and NDSU in their transition years as they just helped weaken our conference. Yes we are so eager to schedule them. :lol: Nice logic. You don't break up with your girlfriend and then ask her to keep dating you until you find someone better.

I didn't say she had to keep dancing, but just because I don't want to dance with her doesn't mean that I did something wrong. And just because I didn't dance with her doesn't give her a legitimate reason to bad mouth me to everyone that will listen. Or to try to break up and relationship I get into after her. Or to keep trying to hang out with me when I go to my more popular friends.

I didn't say she had to keep dancing, but just because I don't want to dance with her doesn't mean that I did something wrong. And just because I didn't dance with her doesn't give her a legitimate reason to bad mouth me to everyone that will listen. Or to try to break up and relationship I get into after her. Or to keep trying to hang out with me when I go to my more popular friends.

Oooo, looks like the analogy has hit home for you. All to familiar, is it?! :lol:

( :lol: )

So you'll cut off your nose to spite your face? Look who comes back begging for games? (great bb schedule this year) I'm sure you can expect the same amount of help in return. We have most of our schedules filled for the next couple of years with some great teams. We also have some games with DII teams, these are mostly teams that scheduled us during the transition period. If you make the move, the spin will be amazing. Let the fun begin. :lol: