SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL draft news

jk

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be the only reason we might see him next year. He still needs to fill out his body. He is a very very young 18 years old. I'm guessing whoever drafts him will have him fill out at least a year(maybe just wishful thinking). But honestly by the plays he made constantly last year, I really think he was the best freshman we've ever had at UND.

I don't even know if he was the best freshman on this years team?

A good article on the NHL draft , written by a knowledgeable poster from Hockeys Future. Notice how Andy Dittus from Minot is ranked 25th on "Best of the Rest" towards the bottom.

Oh dear Parise... this guy is picking Forney to head to Minnesota. Well, if that's true, Forney better get used to playing defense because a pure offensive talent has no place on the Wild.

I hope he goes to a team that plays a less crappy game than Minnesota.

I don't even know if he was the best freshman on this years team?

I think he was. IMO we had the two best freshmen forwards and the best freshmen defensemen in the WCHA on the Sioux(for those posters who are clueless, I am talking about Toews, Oshie, Chorney)

A knowledgeable poster? It's my understanding that he's a teenage goalie from Wisconsin who's not taken very seriously at all.

Because the God Hammy said he was not very knowledgeable it's law,I guess Hockeys Future just lets anyone post thats doesn't know crap. Maybe try to have an original thought instead of drinking the koolaid that Hammy spews over there, but heaven knows you need to come on here and try to convince us. :)

Oh dear Parise... this guy is picking Forney to head to Minnesota. Well, if that's true, Forney better get used to playing defense because a pure offensive talent has no place on the Wild.

I hope he goes to a team that plays a less crappy game than Minnesota.

Also it may seem that the Minnesota WIld do not like collegians as Woog has suggested in his column.

Q&A with Pittsburgh sportswriter Bob Grove:

QUESTION: Who do you think is the best choice for Pens in the draft and why? What do you think of JonathanToews?

-Lee of Pittsburgh

BOB GROVE: I believe the best outcome for the Penguins would be to draft defensemen Erik Johnson, the No. 1 rated prospect according to the NHL Central Scouting Bureau and Red Line Report. The 6-4, 222-pounder, playing with the U.S. National Under-18 development program, has size, skill and toughness. He can be a factor at both ends of the ice; he had 49 points and 88 penalty minutes in 47 games this past season. The Penguins need more defensive depth in their organization, and Johnson, who led the U.S. to the Under-18 World Championship in April, would certainly provide that. He has committed to play at the University of Minnesota this fall.

Jon Toews, a 6-1, 195-pound forward who was a freshman at North Dakota this past season, remains one of the top prospects in this draft, ranked third by both Central Scouting and Red Line Report. He had 22 goals and 39 points in 42 games as a freshman, helping North Dakota to the Frozen Four and scoring a goal in their semifinal loss to Boston College. He was named MVP of the NCAA West Regional, scoring two goals and five points in wins over Michigan and Holy Cross. The Winnipeg native also helped Canada to the gold medal at the World Junior Championships, and he's a product of Shattuck St. Mary's, the same school at which Sidney Crosby and Ryan Malone played.

Toews, not surprisingly, told Canadian Press recently that he's "not in a rush to go anywhere," and that fits with all other speculation that Toews would not be turning pro this fall. He is considered a smart player and perhaps as complete a player as there is in the draft: a kid with no glaring weaknesses in his game. If the Penguins don't get Johnson and wind up with Toews -- or with Jordan Staal or Phil Kessel -- they will still have drafted one heck of a player.

Because the God Hammy said he was not very knowledgeable it's law,I guess Hockeys Future just lets anyone post thats doesn't know crap. Maybe try to have an original thought instead of drinking the koolaid that Hammy spews over there, but heaven knows you need to come on here and try to convince us. :)

What?

I don't know for certain - but I'm guessing that he read a similar post by Hammy on Goph Puck Dive and assumed that you did as well as you repeated it here. Just a guess though.

2005-06 prep hockey: Conference previews

By Todd D. Milewski

BIG EIGHT

Outlook: Madison Memorial is looking for its fifth straight conference title, but it has only one returning senior. The Spartans will have their hands full with challenges from any number of Big Eight teams this season, with Janesville and Sun Prairie the top contenders.

Tuesday night's Memorial-Janesville game at Madison Ice Arena figures to be big in the standings. A trio of standout goalies - Middleton sophomore Taylor Whitmore, Sun Prairie junior Andy Scheib and Janesville senior Max Giese - may play a role in the race for the league title. Big Eight teams play only 12 conference games this season, down from 14, because Madison East isn't playing a varsity conference schedule.

I don't know for certain - but I'm guessing that he read a similar post by Hammy on Goph Puck Dive and assumed that you did as well as you repeated it here. Just a guess though.

I just went to GPL and saw the post by Hammy you're referring to. He obviously heard the same thing I did. Is it that shocking that more than one person would have the same info?

Whether the kid is or isn't accurate he has just as much right to post his opinions. I'm sure he's as accurate as often as minnesotahockeyjournal.com.

I admire the effort he put into his work and time will tell how close to the truth he is.

So your saying hockey futures has no credibility? Or are you saying he has no credibilty because he didn't fawn over Kessel or third because he's only in high school. Maybe this kid wants to become a sports writer or something in that field and has seen lots of games,talked to numerous scouts and maybe well connected, who knows. Let's not let facts get in the way lets just blow him off as a no nothing high school hack. I think his reviews were well written and all seem pretty close to whats been said by lots of scouts and other media. Sorry if I came on too strong and I should not have personally attacked you but I'am just sick of all the posts from some of the other Gopher fans on this site ;):):D

So your saying hockey futures has no credibility? Or are you saying he has no credibilty because he didn't fawn over Kessel or third because he's only in high school. Maybe this kid wants to become a sports writer or something in that field and has seen lots of games,talked to numerous scouts and maybe well connected, who knows. Let's not let facts get in the way lets just blow him off as a no nothing high school hack. I think his reviews were well written and all seem pretty close to whats been said by lots of scouts and other media. Sorry if I came on too strong and I should not have personally attacked you but I'am just sick of all the posts from some of the other Gopher fans on this site ;):):D

I actually haven't read a whole lot of his stuff, but what I have read has been pretty well done. I'm not saying he's a hack. Maybe he is well connected, who knows. I'm just going by what I heard. I do disagree strongly with him about Kessel being selfish. He couldn't be more wrong about that. Even Lucia said recently that Phil was almost to unselfish at times this year with passing the puck. It wasn't a fluke that Gordon had a breakout year playing on the same line as Kessel and Potulny scoring 38 goals playing with him on the pp. Kessel makes other players around him better.

I actually haven't read a whole lot of his stuff, but what I have read has been pretty well done. I'm not saying he's a hack. Maybe he is well connected, who knows. I'm just going by what I heard. I do disagree strongly with him about Kessel being selfish. He couldn't be more wrong about that. Even Lucia said recently that Phil was almost to unselfish at times this year with passing the puck. It wasn't a fluke that Gordon had a breakout year playing on the same line as Kessel and Potulny scoring 38 goals playing with him on the pp. Kessel makes other players around him better.

Go home buckysieve...you have no idea what your talking about and dont know this kid. This kid has probably forgotten more hockey knowledge then you will ever aquire.

Whatever you say Chuck. Or should I say bucky9. :)

Hey dude seriously, what is your purpose of being here. GPL.com is for Partisan Gopher fans.

This is a Sioux message board. Trolling in the offseason. Don't you have anything else to do?

Go play some golf its really nice today out side.

Hey dude seriously, what is your purpose of being here. GPL.com is for Partisan Gopher fans.

This is a Sioux message board. Trolling in the offseason. Don't you have anything else to do?

Go play some golf its really nice today out side.

How am I trolling? I gave an opinion about a blogger and Chucky ripped me for no reason. Why don't you say something to him? You guys are so backwards.

How am I trolling?
I agree. Buckysieve's last post in this thread was smack-free, reasonable, and directly on-topic. Community policing can help, jump all over bad posts AND report them; but don't jump all over a good post because it comes from someone who's said things you didn't like in the past. Any chance we can stop discussing each other and get this thread back to being about the NHL draft?

"Mission Statement: Thank you for checking out my NHL Entry Draft Preview. This is my third annual draft preview, and this one should be the best yet. I have several years of experience scouting amateur hockey players and projecting their ability to make the NHL. I currently scout for McKeen

"Mission Statement: Thank you for checking out my NHL Entry Draft Preview. This is my third annual draft preview, and this one should be the best yet. I have several years of experience scouting amateur hockey players and projecting their ability to make the NHL. I currently scout for McKeen