SiouxSports.com Forum

Projected Tourny Bid

GBpakrzz

We'll just have to see. I would prefer not to have to face UND on their home ice, especially since they appear to be playing much better right now, but if that's the case, the Gophers will be ready. Would be one helluva hockey game.

I think both our teams & fans say we'd love to play each other whenever or wherever...but the ultimate would be playing each other in the National Championship Game on April 8th. I haven't seen that since 1979...I hated Neal Broten after that game until February of 1980 when I was rooting at the top of my lungs for him & the rest of the USA hockey team. Anyway, I think if we both get to that April 8th game together...it's our turn.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I just don't see all this trash-talking. Yes, the Sioux are playing well right now, but just a little over a week ago they piddled one down their legs in Denver. Watching them sweep Tech made for a fun weekend, but this team's work is not by a far stretch done. Mankato will be tough. And the planets really have to be lined up pretty precisely to avoid the Gophers in the Regional Finals.

I hope the Sioux continue to play well. If they come out flat or tight like they did both nights last weekend, Mankato could throw a real wrench into everyone's plans for the rest of March. Tech is a tough, scrappy little team, but they are not a good indication of what UND will face from here on out. I'm cautiously optimistic; cautious being the key word.

I agree that the Sioux have played 12 bad minutes in the last month against the 2 time defending national champions... ;)

That was low. ;) Who knows maybe Mercyhurst will come out to challenge the Sioux :lol:

It's going to happen at some point, I just hope not to the Gophs. BSU and Mercyhurst gave their 1st round opponents all they wanted and more last year.

Say the Mavericks beat the Sioux then what happens....

I don't have the link but this was brought up earlier in the thread. UND probably gets a 4 seed and the Gopehers get shipped out east. That would be a nightmare senario for the overall 3 or 4 seed.

I don't have the link but this was brought up earlier in the thread. UND probably gets a 4 seed and the Gopehers get shipped out east. That would be a nightmare senario for the overall 3 or 4 seed.

I wouldn't be as scared if UND dropped to a 4 seed were I the number 1 ranked team in the regional. If UND gets beat 2 out of 3 to Mankato at home, how scary can they be? Sure it's a one and done format, but if UND can't beat the 7th seed in the WCHA, can they really beat a 1 seed in the NCAA?

I wouldn't be as scared if UND dropped to a 4 seed were I the number 1 ranked team in the regional. If UND gets beat 2 out of 3 to Mankato at home, how scary can they be? Sure it's a one and done format, but if UND can't beat the 7th seed in the WCHA, can they really beat a 1 seed in the NCAA?

Amen, Mory00. That's why, though I respect Mankato as an opponent, I fully expect the Sioux will get the job done this weekend.

What concerns me is how cheap Mankato was in the series at the Ralph. If they instigate fights late in a game when losing once again it better not be Finley or Radke involved, as that would necessitate winning the play-in for sure, to avoid losing them for the regional. Are those the only two Sioux that have a DQ this year?

What concerns me is how cheap Mankato was in the series at the Ralph. If they instigate fights late in a game when losing once again it better not be Finley or Radke involved, as that would necessitate winning the play-in for sure, to avoid losing them for the regional. Are those the only two Sioux that have a DQ this year?

You have to walk away from that stuff at this time of the year. Bottom line you cannot throw a punch and get a DQ at this time of year. The players know that and if they don't they need their head examined. Once the playoffs start, settling scores is over. The Sioux are already one man short. They cannot afford to have anyone else get injured or a DQ.

More proof that a person should proof,

The PairWise Analyzed: March 8, 2006

by Scott Brown/Executive Editor

"Last week I said that the Pioneers would finally get their chance, and they capitalized with three points against Colorado College. But all that hard and productive work would be undone if DU loses this weekend's WCHA playoff series against St. Cloud State, which will be highly motivated given its precarious PWR position."

Expecially if your thee edditaur. ;)

WTF?

You should spend less time worrying about the Gophers and more about your own team. ;)

:silly:;)

your a funny gopher fan....maybe you should spend more time on GPL than SS ;)

actually you have suprised me slappy, your 1st posts on here were nothing but garbage but you wised up and have been a so so decent rodent poster :love:

:silly:;)

your a funny gopher fan....maybe you should spend more time on GPL than SS ;)

actually you have suprised me slappy, your 1st posts on here were nothing but garbage but you wised up and have been a so so decent rodent poster :love:

He is kind of like that big old bass in your local fishing hole. Even though you always throw him back with a sore mouth, you can always count on hooking him the very next day no matter what you use for bait.

My "first" posts? I can't even remember that far back. :love:

me either but i do remember pasting a photo of a troll i believe referring to your post and im guessing you may have won the award and honor of the "TOOL OF THE MONTH" ;)

your a funny gopher fan....maybe you should spend more time on GPL than SS :silly:

Not to hijack... but is GPL permanently down, or is it standard site issues? I was trying to find out information on the Mankato suspensions and haven't been able to get on the site today...

Not to hijack... but is GPL permanently down, or is it standard site issues? I was trying to find out information on the Mankato suspensions and haven't been able to get on the site today...

bandwagon gopher fans are using all of the site's bandwith. it happens a lot when the gophers win at least 3 games in a row. :silly:

Don't worry the Sioux aren't going to be a #4 seed and I think they added this provision to give them the flexibility to do it if another case like '03 occurs. Cornell deserved a CHA/AHA team that year, but was forced to play a WCHA team due to MSU and SCSU being #4 seeds and prohibited from playing the Gophers or CC in the first round. We don't have that situation this year because UW and UM will have earned the CHA/AHA teams.

That said, who knows what the NCAA will do.

From what I understand, the only way that the Gophs won't get sent to REA would be either if the Sioux move down to a #4 seed, or if they move up high enough in the PWR that it would mess with bracket integrity by having a #1 overall seed in the same bracket as a #5 or 6 seed.

So, if the Sioux can manage to beat Mankato, and then win a game or two at the F5 against TUC teams, they COULD move up in the PWR enough to force the NCAA committee to send UMN elsewhere.

Am I correct in this assumption?