SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Selected to Team Canada

southpaw

I thought that he would then miss the Bemidji Series?

He will now stay with the team and prepare for the upcoming exhibition game against the Czechs. Sutter needs to set up the lines now that he has picked the players. It will be great to watch Toews on the TSN broadcasts of the series.

Now if we can get that to translate to the ice in the second half of the season at UND.

Don't get me wrong he has been good but I think he can be great.

The only thing that is keeping him from being great is his age and lack of experience. I think you will see a big difference in him physically next year and if by chance we are fortunate to keep him for a junior season he would at that point be a dominant hobey type player.

According to my direct tv book 4 USA games will be on FSN in Dec. 26th, 28th, 30th, and 31th. We don't get TSN in the USA, do we? I only get them thru NHL Center Ice.

When I was still living in the US it was Center Ice that used to broadcast the TSN games so that is how I assumed you should see them. For those that don't have center ice it should still leave the Sports Bar option available.

What a tremendous honor. I am glad that he didn't get screwed by not playing in the the WHL. There was some talk that Hockey Canada was going to blacklist Toews from wearing the maple leaf because he elected to go the NCAA route instead of playing major junior. He is the only #1 overall in the Bantam Draft to not play in the W.

He and Kessel are going to be watched very closely. Who are some of the other 2006 draft elligible players to watch?

I am glad that he didn't get screwed by not playing in the the WHL. There was some talk that Hockey Canada was going to blacklist Toews from wearing the maple leaf because he elected to go the NCAA route instead of playing major junior.

YAHTZEE!!!! It took a couple hours longer than usual, but we have our first conspiracy theory post!!!

(Streamers and confetti falling; noisemakers screeching)

What a tremendous honor. I am glad that he didn't get screwed by not playing in the the WHL. There was some talk that Hockey Canada was going to blacklist Toews from wearing the maple leaf because he elected to go the NCAA route instead of playing major junior. He is the only #1 overall in the Bantam Draft to not play in the W.

He and Kessel are going to be watched very closely. Who are some of the other 2006 draft elligible players to watch?

what color is the sky in your world.

guess you havent figured it out that canada hockey picks the best players in the world no matter where they play. your so called blacklist is laughable. ha ha. not sure if you know this but the head of hockey canada bob nicholson played ncaa hockey, so are you telling me he would blacklist the league that helped him get an education and furthered his hockey career. did you not learn how big hockey is in canada from the junior tournment being here. if canada did not ice the best team possible no matter what tournment it was there would be public outrage.