SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Selected to Team Canada

southpaw

not sure if you know this but the head of hockey canada bob nicholson played ncaa hockey...

And if anyone would like this verified, you could probably contact Hockey Canada's Communications Director - and former University of North Dakota (that's NCAA, right?) hockey player - Brad Pascall. :silly:

And if anyone would like this verified, you could probably contact Hockey Canada's Communications Director - and former University of North Dakota (that's NCAA, right?) hockey player - Brad Pascall. :lol:

Well this is all good and well, but I'm worried about that dark shadow back in the grassy knoll area. :silly:

According to my direct tv book 4 USA games will be on FSN in Dec. 26th, 28th, 30th, and 31th. We don't get TSN in the USA, do we? I only get them thru NHL Center Ice.

what games can you get through Center Ice. Are there going to be any games televise on ESPN or any American stations?

Even our friends at INCH are getting in on the act:

A surprising four college players will be among those representing Team Canada at the 2006 World Junior Championship
Four college representatives is a significant spike from recent years, which have typically seen one college player on Team Canada

YAHTZEE!!!! It took a couple hours longer than usual, but we have our first conspiracy theory post!!!

(Streamers and confetti falling; noisemakers screeching)

I am sure the good People in Tri-Cities were trying to come up with any rumour or threat they could think of to sway his decision.

Yeah, but "only" four NCAA players (of the five invited) made the cut. Cue the anti-NCAA thread :silly:

Yeah. :lol: There goes that theory.

And all those whiners who came in and talked about Angelo being cut probably didn't factor into the fact that Angelo is a year younger than Toews. Angelo won't get to be in 3 straight U20 WJCs, he'll only be in two. Waaaah!

Good grief. Even if Canada doesn't win it all this year, they're going to have like 90+% of this year's team back next year and they'll surely win it all then.

Yeah. :lol: There goes that theory.

And all those whiners who came in and talked about Angelo being cut probably didn't factor into the fact that Angelo is a year younger than Toews. Angelo won't get to be in 3 straight U20 WJCs, he'll only be in two. Waaaah!

Good grief. Even if Canada doesn't win it all this year, they're going to have like 90+% of this year's team back next year and they'll surely win it all then.

Unless, as is the case this year, most of their best 19's are playing in the NHL by then.

Seeing last year's Canada team in GF was truly special, something I will remember for a long time. Sad to say for fans of the WJHC, most years Canada plays with one hand behind its back, and this year is no exception.

[

Unless, as is the case this year, most of their best 19's are playing in the NHL by then.

Seeing last year's Canada team in GF was truly special, something I will remember for a long time. Sad to say for fans of the WJHC, most years Canada plays with one hand behind its back, and this year is no exception.

That is the sad reality of Team Canada at many underage tournaments. It is easy to forget that Crosby would in fact be eligible to play at the junior level both this year and next.

Seeing Canada whoop every team last year was amazing - if this years team is even half of lasts years, they will win it again. Team USA may have a chance if learn to pass the puck to each other!

What the heck! Didn't Canuck see this post yet? I thought for sure I'd get a rise out of him. Maybe my trap was too obvious for one so wise. :lol:

Oh, he saw it. But he's been spending the bulk of his free time trying to submit his selections for the Olympic team to Hockey Canada. But much like Scarlet Johansson, they don't seem to be receiving his letters.