SiouxSports.com Forum

CRIPPLED GOPHERS (vs) MIGHTY SIOUX!

01grad

nice article on toews and kessel from the herald...

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/s...ta/13355076.htm

Nice article... Obviously not writing by good old Virg Foss. Who would have had the aritcle sound like Toews great, Kessel sucks, NHL scouts don't know anything, and Toews will do to Kessel as the bear did to the rabbit. :D

Wish I could see these games in person... ;) Going to be good!!!!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly, I am unable to make the games AGAIN this year, otherwise MinnesotaNorthStar and I would find a place to tailgate and I could clean a few beers out of UND fans trying to play BeerDarts!

I look forward to a good series this year. Should be good, I think both teams are pretty even in lots of respects. Both have a few "big" name players that can and hopefully will play good, and both have great tradition. So I think a split will be a most probable outcome, altho I CAN hopefor a Gopher sweep!

DROP THE PUCK!

Hit the REF!

My favorite memory of a Sioux/Gopher game? Easy, the time I got a UND defenseman to climb the glass to jaw back at my heckling of him before a face off by one of the circles in old Mariucci...sadly, I don't remember his name, just that he had a "uni-brow" and took offense to my comments about his ancestry...around '88 or so...

WPoS

I hear Minn (if they win - for after this weekend ) - has rented the same boat for their Hockey Team - that the Vikings used - so they can turn their season around too......It worked for the Vikings :D

Whatever happened to their annual team trip to the Don's favorite coiffeur/hair stylist.

I also think that if the '97 Sioux would have failed, the '98 or '99 teams wouldn't have let it slip away. Things happen, bounces even out. Of course sometimes it takes 23 years. :D

It bums me out to think back on how good those '98 and '99 teams were, and the fact they didn't even make it to the Frozen Four.

Nice article... Obviously not writing by good old Virg Foss. Who would have had the aritcle sound like Toews great, Kessel sucks, NHL scouts don't know anything, and Toews will do to Kessel as the bear did to the rabbit. :D

Wish I could see these games in person... ;) Going to be good!!!!

I am glad you don't write for the Herald either, with some of your quotes on GPL. I do think the Sioux have some leadership with the upperclassmen, and you obviously haven't seen Parise play much, because he has been nothing short of spectacular this year and the end of last, which hardly qualifies for the inconsistency you seem to imply by saying an NHL star one night and poor mini-mite goalie the next. But then again, you don't write for a paper and don't need to be objective. One thing we can both agree on however is that this should be some great hockey to watch.

I am glad you don't write for the Herald either, with some of your quotes on GPL. I do think the Sioux have some leadership with the upperclassmen, and you obviously haven't seen Parise play much, because he has been nothing short of spectacular this year and the end of last, which hardly qualifies for the inconsistency you seem to imply by saying an NHL star one night and poor mini-mite goalie the next. But then again, you don't write for a paper and don't need to be objective. One thing we can both agree on however is that this should be some great hockey to watch.

And I hope your reading and comprehension skills improve a little before graduation. My quote states that I haven't seen much of the Sioux this season. Just because Jordan has played well at the end of last season and most of this season, doesn't mean he is the next coming of Eddie "the Eagle" Belfor. Jordan has been at UND for 3 years now, and has had good times and bad.

And yes I will admit, that a .925 S%(3rd in conf) is pretty good (Briggs - .917(6th) and Frazee - .872(12th)) it has been only 10 games and Jordan tends to be very harsh on himself and that is the greatest issue that leads to his inconsistent play (This has been talked about many times here on this board). Is he as harsh on himself as he use to be. I don't know, I HAVE NOT SEEN MUCH OF THE TEASM THIS YEAR. Hope you see that this time.

As for the leadership of the upperclass men, read some of the other game threads here on the SS board, you will see others saying the same thing. But that and combined with a talk I had with someone who is very close to/on to the players bench states that very fact. That and the fact that UND leads the WCHA in the one category you don't want to lead in: penalty minutes. With 255 minutes with 96 of that coming from the upperclassmen leadership and the top 3 penalty minutes belong to upperclassmen (Stafford-33, Smaby-40, Prpich-33). Causing your team to be shorthanded isn't the way to lead the team, at least in my book. You may see that differently, but you didn't feel like posting your thoughts, just critizing mine.

As most people who know me on this board and the GPL board know, I "fluff" my hockey talk, and while I am a huge Sioux fan ( since I attend UND for far more years then it should have taken me to obtain my degree and my father played hockey for the Sioux), I don't walk around with rosy-colored glasses on either.

Hope you have fun at the game, and wish I was there to see it with you. Prediction: (Hopeful) Jordan plays both nights, continues the "hot" streak, UND gets 4 points (4-2) (4-3) ;) More probably split 4-2 (UND)/5-3 (UM) :D

sadly, I am unable to make the games AGAIN this year, otherwise MinnesotaNorthStar and I would find a place to tailgate and I could clean a few beers out of UND fans trying to play BeerDarts!
Consider yourself lucky, I wouldn't want to school you at your own game, in front of a bunch of Sioux and Gopher fans :D

Hope you have fun at the game, and wish I was there to see it with you. Prediction: (Hopeful) Jordan plays both nights, continues the "hot" streak, UND gets 4 points (4-2) (4-3) ;) More probably split 4-2 (UND)/5-3 (UM) :D

Come on Bacardio. You live with us, play hockey with us, etc... It's time to feel what the dark side of the force and do for you! Besides we need payback for Dean Blais and your a good start. ;)

Come on Bacardio. You live with us, play hockey with us, etc... It's time to feel what the dark side of the force and do for you! Besides we need payback for Dean Blais and your a good start. ;)

I will never join you. Obi "Dagies" Kenobi told me enough.

Luke_and_Vader.jpg

Edited by Bacardio

FSN is doing their pre-game for the Wild and Pens from the Ralph, Greg Lotus was just on with the FSN announcer and Greg look pretty good with the mic in his hand. I think Greg has a future in Radio and Television. Nice touch they had done some good coverage of UND.

WPoS, I have a ticket for ya, on Saturday.

MNS: Thanks, I needed a laugh! :D

OHG (Oops, I mean Sioux Traveler): thanks, but having x-mas supper w/ the in-laws precludes me traveling up to see the game, as does being at the Vikes tailgate at 7AM Sunday morning!

Friday 4-3 UND

Saturday 6-4 Gophs

WPoS

As for the leadership of the upperclass men, read some of the other game threads here on the SS board, you will see others saying the same thing. But that and combined with a talk I had with someone who is very close to/on to the players bench states that very fact.

That doesn't sound good. I sure hope that's not the case.