SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Bisonville

SiouxMD

Well, a blip on the screen is actually more than what NDSU is to UND. NDSU is nothing to UND. They could just as well not exist and I wouldn't even notice. If and when they start up D1 hockey they will become a blip on the screen.

Then why is UND looking so hard at DI? NDSU doesn't need UND, but it seems that UND needs NDSU! :huh:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough weekend down in Brookings for Americas team. OUCH. The Jacks men barely had 5 guys left on the team.

I guess all the Bison football fans can get back off the hoops bandwagon now and start acting like you couldn't care less about the baskeball team, again. :huh:

As far as Amys team, :) .

Then why is UND looking so hard at DI? NDSU doesn't need UND, but it seems that UND needs NDSU! :huh:

Obviously you're kidding...UND is looking into putting other sports into D1(UND does have a pretty good D1 hockey team already)...but you have to admit that puttting a committee together to make sure that D1 is feasible @ UND is a good idea. As far as UND needing NDSU, I think it would be good for both schools to play each other again...for the great rivalry it had become and the revenue it brings to both schools.

Speaking of revenue, I think NDSU has missed some great opportunities to go D1 in hockey. If they would have gone back in the late 80's, could you imagine where they'd be today. I know the NDSU crowd says that hockey isn't that big nationally, but it is very big in the northern part of the country(WHERE WE LIVE).

I think it would be great if UND went D-1AA and at the same time still refused to play NDSU, just to show how much we don't need them. They are nobody. If the two schools were to exist in different conferences within D-1AA and never play each other that would be fine with me. I used to enjoy the rivalry, but the classless behavior from that school and their supporters has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm not interested in ever giving them the time of day ever again. I'm very happy knowing we won the last ever Nickel Trophy game.

Look at who's talking about "classless behavior" - It's been UND officals and coaches that have done all the talking. I could list all the quotes, but it would take too much time.

Look at who's talking about "classless behavior" - It's been UND officals and coaches that have done all the talking. I could list all the quotes, but it would take too much time.

Don't forget about the classiness displayed by Amy Ruley and by NDSU's baseball coach who backed out on the only games the two universities were still competing in. As far as quotes go, my favorite was made by AD Gene Taylor when Tom Bunning (a new-comer/outsider who has no animosity toward NDSU) suggested renewing the rivalry. Mr. Taylor's response was, as always, intelligent, original, mature, and classy: "They've made their bed, now they have to sleep in it." BRILLIANT! :D

The relationship between the schools is beneficial to both especially in view of the problem with a conference.

Unless you are some sort of a jock sniffing camp follower type , you would know there have been dumb things said on both sides. UND was under the impression they and the AC were working toward getting the NCAA to OK a move to D1AA for FB without the move of the other programs. Don't know if it would have happened, but less likely without the two schools putting pressure together. UND didn't think they were ready to make the move mostly with regard to the non-FB programs. UND was probably right about UND. The AC thought they were ready and made the move. So far so good for MBB and not so hot for WBB, VB baseball, track or soccer. It is too soon to tell.

UND has had on going studies and committees for the purpose of going D1 and D1AA for many years and in fact long before the AC moved, so UND is doing what they want to do and the AC did what they thought was best. I agree it would not show class to refuse to play the AC when UND goes D1 but I would guess the threat from a fan means less that the threat from the AC coaches and athletic admin folks. I believe the rivalry will be renewed in the future. I just wish we wouldn't have to sacrifice the D2 deal for BB, swimming, track , baseball etc.

There are a lot of us that either never visit that section of Bisonville, or rarely do.....it is a waste of bandwidth.....as is this thread.....The only intelligent comments on this thread seem to be from LB#11.... ;)

THIS is a waste of bandwidth...

"Be warned though, that pressing 'Play' may or may not cause you to die from an overdose of awesome."

:D

Don't forget about the classiness displayed by Amy Ruley and by NDSU's baseball coach who backed out on the only games the two universities were still competing in. As far as quotes go, my favorite was made by AD Gene Taylor when Tom Bunning (a new-comer/outsider who has no animosity toward NDSU) suggested renewing the rivalry. Mr. Taylor's response was, as always, intelligent, original, mature, and classy: "They've made their bed, now they have to sleep in it." BRILLIANT! :D

Amy never had a game scheduled with UND and UND's bb coach was the only team that would play NDSU that year. You seem to forget the "press conference" by rt when it was stated that UND wouldn't play NDSU in sports. The only reason the bb team met for a 1 yr. deal was that the coaches are friends and they needed games.

• 3 weeks later...
CURRENT FORUM STANDINGS by post total as of Feb 17th, 2006, 4:52pm.

1) Football

2) Smack Talk

3) Basketball

4) DI-AA Football

5) Bison Commons

6) Other Sports

7) Our House (1090)

8) UND Talk and Smack (904)

9) Suggestions / Announcements (897)

UPDATED STANDINGS by post total as of Mar 10th, 2006, 8:21am

1) Football

2) Smack Talk

3) Basketball

4) DI-AA Football

5) Bison Commons

6) Other Sports (3190)

7) UND Talk and Smack (1142)

8) Our House (1132)

9) Suggestions / Announcements (967)

:silly:

1) Football

2) Smack Talk

3) Basketball

4) DI-AA Football

5) Bison Commons

6) Other Sports (3190)

8) Our House (1132)

;)

but they don't care about UND and don't know who they are!? :silly::love:

but they don't care about UND and don't know who they are!? :silly::love:

It's fun watching you guys trying to decide what you want to be, dii or DI. I guess todays heralds story on the UND committee says you guys are going to be 700,000 in the hole this year. Where's the money?

It's fun watching you guys trying to decide what you want to be, dii or DI. I guess todays heralds story on the UND committee says you guys are going to be 700,000 in the hole this year. Where's the money?

And, in the same breath, with us 700,000 in the hole this year, why do Bison fans keep thinking we are just dragging our feet when it comes to going DI?

Read it again...the projected deficit was $700,000. The actual deficit was $250,000.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Football

2) Smack Talk

3) Basketball

4) DI-AA Football

5) Bison Commons

6) Other Sports (3190)

8) Our House (1132)

UPDATED STANDINGS by post total as of Mar 28th, 2006, 8:14am

1) Football

2) Smack Talk

3) Basketball

4) DI-AA Football

5) Bison Commons

6) Other Sports (3366)

7) Our House (1158)

8) Suggestions / Announcements (1019)

9) UND Talk and Smack (522)

The end is near... :D

The end is here. Tony pulled the plug on our UND smack topic at siouxville, I mean bisonville. It's so funny to listen to those kids over there argue about keeping our topic over there or to get rid of it. Tony felt the heat and pulled it off. I guess they won't be talking about UND anymore. Ya, right.

Perfectly written my friend.

SiouxMD was correct. It is that blind to NDSU fans about the future of it was going to bring? Tony is the most erratic moderator I have ever seen. Why delete all those posts? Didn't like what was written? Why the new rules? To much UND talk in their own section? I thought that was the point; keep it off the main boards. Slippery slope indeed.