SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Bisonville

SiouxMD

SiouxMD was correct. It is that blind to NDSU fans about the future of it was going to bring? Tony is the most erratic moderator I have ever seen. Why delete all those posts? Didn't like what was written? Why the new rules? To much UND talk in their own section? I thought that was the point; keep it off the main boards. Slippery slope indeed.

SiouxMD did hit the nail on the head. :ohmy::D:D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just reopened their UND smack site again over on Bisonville . It's hilarious. They just can't get UND off there mind. You gotta love it.

My favorite thread was about how "horrified" a Bison fan was who came up with some Gopher buddies that UND fans would actually cheer AGAINST "fellow conference member" Minnesota - they have A LOT to learn!

:D

Most of the recent threads were started by Bison fans and the vast majority of replies were from Bison fans while it's been WEEKS since the Ag college came up in any significant conversation here. I think it's just driving them nuts knowing we're having a BLAST and all they can do is sit around and pee in their own pool.

At least they have two weeks of front page Sioux Hockey coverage in the FORUM to look forward too! :ohmy:

Most of the recent threads were started by Bison fans and the vast majority of replies were from Bison fans while it's been WEEKS since the Ag college came up in any significant conversation here.

Before Tony shut down/wiped out the forum it had 49 total threads. 47 of them were started by Bison fans. :D

Before Tony shut down/wiped out the forum it had 49 total threads. 47 of them were started by Bison fans. :D

You tried over there, bud! I dub you the Jane Goodall of SiouxSports.com...you actually went and lived among them and I respect that! (Bet you could use a shower! :D:ohmy: )

You tried over there, bud! I dub you the Jane Goodall of SiouxSports.com...you actually went and lived among them and I respect that! (Bet you could use a shower! :lol:;) )

Don't forget to have him deloused as well. You don't want him spreading lice all over here. :D

Don't forget to have him deloused as well. You don't want him spreading lice all over here. ;)

Have to admit, I've been over there a little bit as well. :love:

I'm surprised at just how "touchy" they are now with ANY comments made about any sports at the U of Agriculture. Like the other day, they were talking about Bison Baseball being #12 in the nation in strength of schedule. I made some crack about how after seeing last year's record for BB (10-43-1), no WONDER they had to talk about SOS. (Also asked why they weren't coming up to UND this year, as per the agreement made last year, and suggested that they weren't afraid of losing 6 of last 7 to a "insignificant" (as they put it) DII program)......not even 10 minutes later, their admin. wiped out my post and snickered to the poster before me about what he'd done? Our administrator wouldn't be such a "homer"..... :D

It is total chaos over at Bisonville. Tony has identified a group of members and forbidden them to even utter the letters UND for the next month, threatening to ban them if they bring it up. In turn this group of rebels are so upset about not being able to discuss UND that one of them is calling Tony a dictator as opposed to a moderator. I find it all hilarious, seeing as how they've moved on, don't know who UND is, and SDSU is their biggest rival. :)

That message board has got the worse case of A.D.D I have ever seen.

They got a whole "new" message board.

They dedicate a whole section to UND. Most Bison fans want it gone. Tony says "no," so what does he do. Tells Bison fans they can only talk about UND Smack once per week or they get banned. JBB is on "Probation: Can't stop talking about UND." :glare: What a goofy bunch.

They want to pretend they have moved on, but can't so they have to self regulate.

Of course now it won't be that popular beating other sections in popularity contests (total posts).

Thank you Jim for doing a much better job.

This is turning into a bit of a bash Bisonville and people over there thread, which I'd like to see stop. If you want to follow up something being discussed on a different message board, do it there.

That said, I assure you that moderating a message board is a painful, thankless task; one person I met in Milwaukee memorably remarked, "you can't be Jim Dahl, he's a mean old guy". Sigh. Further, I would note that Bisonville regulars are similarly disgusted with how GDM and I run this place differently from Bisonville (and remind me of such frequently).

This thread struck me as trouble from the beginning, but I'll leave it open because another message board dedicated to UND is a topic of genuine interest, but please go there to follow up on discussions over there.

This is turning into a bit of a bash Bisonville and people over there thread, which I'd like to see stop. If you want to follow up something being discussed on a different message board, do it there.

That said, I assure you that moderating a message board is a painful, thankless task; one person I met in Milwaukee memorably remarked, "you can't be Jim Dahl, he's a mean old guy". Sigh. Further, I would note that Bisonville regulars are similarly disgusted with how GDM and I run this place differently from Bisonville (and remind me of such frequently).

This thread struck me as trouble from the beginning, but I'll leave it open because another message board dedicated to UND is a topic of genuine interest, but please go there to follow up on discussions over there.

I agree. I've never been much for smack threads or smack talk. A little fun teasing is ok every now and then, but every once in a while, it gets over the top. I think Jim does a good job in keeping those instances down. I'm sure Tony is trying to find a way to do things similarly.

Ummm.... I think we need to see some pictures to prove that you're not some crotchy old geezer who yells at the neighborhood kids to stay off his lawn Jim. ???:sad:

J/K Jim!!

SiouxMD was correct. It is that blind to NDSU fans about the future of it was going to bring? Didn't like what was written? Why the new rules? To much UND talk in their own section? I thought that was the point; keep it off the main boards. Slippery slope indeed.

The UND Bisonville Board is gone.

Is it okay that I posted that fact?