SiouxSports.com Forum

Parise and the Devils

Siouxdonyms

all the newcomers this season will be great for the NHL. we all know they need fresh faces coming of the lockout. crosby and parise will lead the way with bochenski and vanek (even if he does not play D  :silly: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bo played a pretty solid game tonight too. He hasn't really been mentioned much in this thread yet, but he had a solid amount of ice time, and he contributed to his teams efforts. He was in a much tougher game as it was a Canadian rivalry game, and he played well. Just wanted to give him Brandon some kudos too.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure which goal he got an assist on. Gionta's first goal was unassisted, and I didn't think Zach was in on the play of his second goal. Perhaps I'm wrong though. I'll have to watch the post game highlights.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He won the faceoff, to Kozlov, to Gionta, in the net.

I see that Parise scored his power play goal while our good buddy from Boston College, Brooks Orpik, was in the box. Some might remember Orpik gooning it up in the 2000 Frozen Four championship game and then nearly taking Ryan Bayda's head off during the 2001 national championship game in Albany. Poetic justice. :silly:

Here's a quote from Yahoo Sports:

"Sidney Crosby has dominated at every level of hockey he's played. On Wednesday night, the night of his life, he wasn't even the best rookie on the ice."

Obviously not; the the best rookie on the ice on Wednesday night was clearly Ovechkin :silly:

Of course, I have to enjoy our single victory while I can because it's the Caps only meeting with the Blue Jackets this year. Not that I'm predicing a one-win season, high single digits are easily within reach...

Here's a quote from Yahoo Sports:

"Sidney Crosby has dominated at every level of hockey he's played. On Wednesday night, the night of his life, he wasn't even the best rookie on the ice."

Go ZPar!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At 18 there is no way he is going to compete with seasoned players like Bo and Zach for the Calder.

At 18 there is no way he is going to compete with seasoned players like Bo and Zach for the Calder.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree. If you watched the world juniors, or saw how he did in Major Juniors, you would realize that Crosby is special. Ovenchkin is only one year older and did pretty well for himself last night. Of course, I hope that Zach or Bo get the Calder, but I think that there will be some spirited competition from Ovenchkin, Malkin, Crosby, Vanek and others.

Bo played a pretty solid game tonight too.  He hasn't really been mentioned much in this thread yet, but he had a solid amount of ice time, and he contributed to his teams efforts.  He was in a much tougher game as it was a Canadian rivalry game, and he played well.  Just wanted to give him Brandon some kudos too.

They took him off the Spezza-Heatly line and replaced him with Alfredsson, who then scored two goals. Hopefully he is given some more ice time with the big line.

The Calder should be a close race this year. Ovechkin, Parise, Rene Bourque, Bochenski, Phaneuf - all could win it. I believe Malkin is playing in Russia this year, but he would likely be another contender.

They took him off the Spezza-Heatly line and replaced him with Alfredsson, who then scored two goals. Hopefully he is given some more ice time with the big line.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was bummed when they did that, but it worked for Ottawa. Did you notice how Heatley ramped up his game in the third period with Ottawa down, which directly lead to the Alfredson scoring chance and goals. Had he (heatley) been that energetic in the first two periods when Bo was on the line, they all (Spezza, Heatley, and Bo) may have fared better.

Here's another shot.

capt.era10210060219.penguins_devils_era102.jpg

Congrats to Zach on a great start to his NHL career.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting how times change...five years ago, Brian Gionta cried after BC lost to the Sioux in the NCAA title game. Last night, he pounced on the puck and grabbed it out of the net almost immediately after Parise scored. Byegones are byegones I guess.

Interesting how times change...five years ago, Brian Gionta cried after BC lost to the Sioux in the NCAA title game. Last night, he pounced on the puck and grabbed it out of the net almost immediately after Parise scored. Byegones are byegones I guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then the next year Brian Gionta cried tears of joy after BC won against the Sioux in the NCAA title Game while Jeff Panzer was the one crying.

Oh my god. You people are the most delusional people I have ever been around. HA HA HA HA HA HA, ZPar can't even hold Crosby's jock. Like they have said, Crosby has dominated at ever level he has played, ZPar hasn't. If he had, he would have a national title and a hobey baker. HE HAS NEITHER. Man you people make me laugh. Have fun with plain green jerseys in the next tourney you are in. :lol::);):lol:

Oh my god.  You people are the most delusional people I have ever been around.  HA HA HA HA HA HA,  ZPar can't even hold Crosby's jock.  Like they have said, Crosby has dominated at ever level he has played, ZPar hasn't.  If he had, he would have a national title and a hobey baker.  HE HAS NEITHER.  Man you people make me laugh.  Have fun with plain green jerseys in the next tourney you are in. :lol:  :)  ;)  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the comments Skippy...now back to 4th period english for you.

Oh my god.  You people are the most delusional people I have ever been around.  HA HA HA HA HA HA,  ZPar can't even hold Crosby's jock.  Like they have said, Crosby has dominated at ever level he has played, ZPar hasn't.  If he had, he would have a national title and a hobey baker.  HE HAS NEITHER.  Man you people make me laugh.  Have fun with plain green jerseys in the next tourney you are in. :lol:  :)  ;)  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't yell at us, yell at the 18,000 fans in Jersey who were chanting it...Skippy.

Oh my god.  You people are the most delusional people I have ever been around.  HA HA HA HA HA HA,  ZPar can't even hold Crosby's jock.  Like they have said, Crosby has dominated at ever level he has played, ZPar hasn't.  If he had, he would have a national title and a hobey baker.  HE HAS NEITHER.  Man you people make me laugh.  Have fun with plain green jerseys in the next tourney you are in. :)  ;)  :lol:  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What does a national title have to do with anything?? Apparently, you have never played any team sports like hockey. Following your logic (or lack thereof), that means that many of the so-called Gopher greats between 1980 and 2001 "did not dominate." Add UMD great Brett Hull to that list, Rob Blake, etc.

I don't recall any posters on this board saying that he was better than Crosby, but he is certainly better than you give him credit. He was the best player in college hockey as a 19 year old sophomore regardless of whether he won the Hobey, was the MVP at World Juniors, and was the highest scoring and most dominant player at SSM (and most heavily recruited player in the country) before Crosby broke his scoring records.

Shouldn't you get back to mopping the floor before the head janitor finds out you are the computer and fires you? :lol:

Oh my god.  You people are the most delusional people I have ever been around.  HA HA HA HA HA HA,  ZPar can't even hold Crosby's jock.  Like they have said, Crosby has dominated at ever level he has played, ZPar hasn't.  If he had, he would have a national title and a hobey baker.  HE HAS NEITHER.  Man you people make me laugh.  Have fun with plain green jerseys in the next tourney you are in. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I though DHG had died or been incarcerated of something. ;) Good to see you back. :lol:

If he had, he would have a national title and a hobey baker.  HE HAS NEITHER.  Man you people make me laugh.  Have fun with plain green jerseys in the next tourney you are in. :lol:  :)  ;)  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And if he played for UMD, you would have chanted overrated at him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Time for Drunk Hockey Guy to sober up. In case you missed Zpar's College Career was nothing less than awesome, one of the best in college he final season. The league hacked, hooked, slashed and held Zach Parise to a 115 points in two seasons. If the league had actually inforced the rules Zach may have scored 150 points in two seasons.