SiouxSports.com Forum

The Death of a Nation

KC-Champ

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would someone please send a memo to the Vikings and tell them that the name is offensive to us Norwegians and the like.

And the Americans, I find that extremely offensive. Montreal Canadians? Get rid of that too.

What irritates me a lot about this kind of thing are the people who insist on having blank-Americans in their name. Native-Americans. So you are too good to be just Americans like the rest of us, or what is the deal with that. I call everyone just American, but those who claim they want more acceptance refer to themselves as Asian-American, what have you, and nothing could be more hypocritical.

Being proud of your heritage is one thing, but naming yourself thusly just further seperates you.

Would someone please send a memo to the Vikings and tell them that the name is offensive to us Norwegians and the like.

And the Americans, I find that extremely offensive.  Montreal Canadians?  Get rid of that too.

What irritates me a lot about this kind of thing are the people who insist on having blank-Americans in their name.  Native-Americans.  So you are too good to be just Americans like the rest of us, or what is the deal with that.  I call everyone just American, but those who claim they want more acceptance refer to themselves as Asian-American, what have you, and nothing could be more hypocritical. 

Being proud of your heritage is one thing, but naming yourself thusly just further seperates you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I posted a similar statement many posts ago. The U. S. is the only country to my knowledge where people address themselves as something-American. I do. I'm proud of my heritage and where we came from. But I agree with you, just because we're 'something' American that doesn't give us any more rights or LESS rights than those who identify themselves as only Americans.

Mr. Common Sense R.I.P.

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Mr. Common Sense. Mr. Sense had been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such value lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in charge).

His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. - Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Mr. Sense declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, she spilled a bit in her lap, and was awarded a huge financial settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by two stepbrothers; My Rights and Ima Whiner.

Now we add this PC crowd & the NC$$

Mark is that you? If it is I see that you still like to stir things up just like at SMC. I wasn't sure but the more of your postings I read the more I believe it is you my friend and you know who I am as well. I think back to all the philosphical discussions we had you know me and my friend you are wrong on this one once again. You always thought that the white man had motives. But all you need to do is look in the mirror and ask who really has them.

You don't respect those Sioux that disagree with you SuperKracker.  Now go save the world! Or at least tp PCM's yard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good idea. The leaves are already starting to pile up. GrahamKracker could bite each one of them. :angry:

We all know that NDSU would roll over like a puppy to have its tummy rubbed if the NCAA found a reason to hang the "hostile and abusive" label on it.  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ummmm, what does this have to do with anything about the NCAA and their ruling? Why are you dragging NDSU into this? I know most of you guys could care less what some Bison fan thinks, but you are getting screwed and I think it's wrong. So good luck with your fight, I just hope it doesn't cost the ND tax payer anything.

One other thing totally off topic, but since I really don't post here I thought I'd say it....I'm very impressed with your football team this year.......I think you might be hanging another banner when it is all said and done.....good luck the rest of the way......

Ummmm, what does this have to do with anything about the NCAA and their ruling?  Why are you dragging NDSU into this? 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're missing the point. What I'm saying is that if the shoe was on the other foot, McFeely would have no problem whatsoever understanding NDSU's (i.e. Chapman's) anger at being unfairly labeled a racist institution.

Kupchella is the president of UND and a card-carrying member of the Grand Forks Old Boys Network, a group that is 198 percent behind keeping the Sioux nickname and logo without regard to cost, time or energy expended.

You know, this part of McFeely's column is pretty freakin' hilarious. Up until Aug. 12, the news media considered Kupchella the browbeaten university president who would have changed the name if not for evil bully millionaire Ralph Engelstad. But the moment Kuchella shows where he's really at on the issue, he's suddenly transformed into Siouxper Man. :angry: