SiouxSports.com Forum

The Death of a Nation

KC-Champ

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey is actually a delivery monkey employed by Taco Johns to save people from hunger.  He doesn't steal. :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha! There's no such thing as a free lunch. Somebody's paying for that food Whiplash gives away. Food doesn't grow on trees, you know.

What do you mean? I got lots of free lunches when I worked at McD's!  Does that make me Whiplashes evil twin?  Maybe Sioux-cia was thinking of me when she disparaged Whiplash.  ;)  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frito Bandito would make a great mascot. If we can't beat them on the ice, we can blow them off it.

Free lunches? Are you sure? It sure looks like he's stealing them. But my sensibilities are so traumatized by the commercial I must have missed the whole point of the commercial. Diggler, I will only accept you as the evil twin if you wear a sombrero to the first Sioux hockey game!

Free lunches?  Are you sure?  It sure looks like he's stealing them. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course he's stealing. Think of the commercial. A young woman buys a burrito and it flies out of her hand and on to the street when her jerk boyfriend hits a bump in the road. A Taco John's employee gives Whiplash a new burrito to deliver to her.

So where did he get this burrito? Did he pay for it out of his own pocket because he felt sorry for the young woman? Yeah, right. I'm sure Taco John's employees make so much money they can afford to buy new burritos or tacos for everyone who drops one. So, obviously, the employee is stealing from the restaurant.

And don't forget that after delivering the new burrito, Whiplash engages the cops in a high-speed chase. Do you think a monkey with such low moral values really cares about whether or not the food he's delivering is stolen? Whiplash is a hard-core criminal, a menace to society. It's no wonder that Diggler thinks he's cool. :angry:

Exactly! It's the employees who are stealing the burritos. Whiplash is just doing his job. He's being unfairly stereotyped as a criminal just because of that crooked monkey Marcel from Friends. Whiplash is a honest, hardworking monkey who's just trying to make a living and feed his family. Don't deprive Whiplash of that.

Exactly! It's the employees who are stealing the burritos. Whiplash is just doing his job.  He's being unfairly stereotyped as a criminal just because of that crooked monkey Marcel from Friends.  Whiplash is a honest, hardworking monkey who's just trying to make a living and feed his family.  Don't deprive Whiplash of that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whiplash is aiding and abetting. Stop trying to rationalize his behavior.

So you want Whiplash to be living in the gutter? Maybe if this country wasn't so racist against monkeys, Whiplash would have more job opportunities. Instead though, Whiplash is an oppressed minority. And what makes it worse is Pittsburg State mocking Whiplash by calling themselves the Gorillas.

Change the name! Monkeys are not mascots!! :angry:;)

So you want Whiplash to be living in the gutter?  Maybe if this country wasn't so racist against monkeys, Whiplash would have more job opportunities.  Instead though, Whiplash is an oppressed minority.  And what makes it worse is Pittsburg State mocking Whiplash by calling themselves the Gorillas. 

Change the name! Monkeys are not mascots!! :angry:  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There you go, lumping all primates into one group. Don't you know Whiplash is a hang around the taco stand monkey who is too dumb to know that he is being exploited by the capitlistic taco stand owners and the dog. Duh!! I bet he doesn't even get to keep his on air clothes and is sent home to his cage naked without even a taco shell to keep him warm.

Don't you know Whiplash is a hang around the taco stand monkey who is too dumb to know that he is being exploited by the capitlistic taco stand owners and the dog. Duh!! 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please. The dog is being treated as an oppressed, enslaved beast of burden. You never see him getting any free food out of the deal. The Taco John's dog and the AFLAC duck should start a class action suit.

Cavalry isn't a culture.  Its an occupation.  Sioux isn't an occupation, its a culture, a way of life.  Get it straight before you type.....

I'm glad we got this settled. We can keep the current logo, and change the name to "Warriors" or "Braves". Since the logo would not depict a "culture" but a Sioux warrior, we'd then be ok.

In searching for the definition of an Indian "brave" (turns out to be "a North American Indian warrior") I found a link to a paper that all, including you, GrahamKracker, should read:

Paper

.  However, the American Indians do represent one of the most courageous cultures, fighting countless battles to preserve their ownership of the lands that we now occupy.  These mascots are not intended to serve as the definition of American Indian; they are intended to honor and perpetuate those courageous characteristics that we attribute to this culture.

Racism is a state of mind and from what I've read following my intial posting on this subject. I know there is racism on both side Enough already!! The color of a person skin is the only thing that distingishes us from one another and that is only skin deep underneath that their is no difference. It's time for all to learn from the past and move in to the future. Was there injudice done to the Sioux and other tribal nations in the country? yes. Is there continued prejudge on both sides? yes.

Can we change the past? no. But we can learn from it and make things better. There is racism on both sides but it is shrinking. It is time to grow up and quit acting like a bunch of children. If Grahmcracker thinks that it bothers me that he uses that name I petty him it doesn't. I've been called much worst by better individuals and it doesn't bother me. I've had a good taste of racism and I admit that it is a daily stuggle for me to fight my own feelings but I am man enough to face the fact, are you?

The University of North Dakota provides an opportunity of all people to come together and learn from one another and grow together. Racism attempts to divide us and stick us in to pigeon holes. From the time I've graduated until now I've seen the University offer more opportunities to the Native Americans than any other state funded University. Does that sound like an instution that is disrepectful of a peoples? I think not! is there room for continued improvement of course there is and we must do it together. Be it as the University of North Dakota "Fighting Sioux" or The University of North Dakota "Fighting Whities"

Eventually with the interracial marriage (which will happen) we will eliminate racism and then what will you fight over? No matter how those few in each group wants to keep "racial purity" it isn't going to happen!!!

Cavalry isn't a culture.  Its an occupation.  Sioux isn't an occupation, its a culture, a way of life.  Get it straight before you type.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Notice you didn't respond to the question. Warrior is not a people is that o.k. to use, as well as chiefs? Don't expect you to respond to this either because any time you can't answer you just gloss over it, which as most people can see is par for the course for you.

I have to agree with PCM's column in the Herald.

The Native Americans are choosing to vote with their feet by attending UND. That includes Grahamkracker. Whether he likes it or not he chose UND knowing the nickname was Sioux. So he was OK with the name when he got here and let all those white professors change his mind. Once again the whities are the dominant race and you are letting them be that.

The only threats I have heard are from the "colleague" that Longie referred to in his letter in the Herald.

The only t-shirts I have seen for way more than a decade are on the Bridges website. I like how they keep bringing this up (even in todays paper) because there is no recent proof of any racism so they have to bring up incidents from decades ago.

I am so glad that my people (Irish, Norwegian, German and French Canadian, which is part Indian) don't have elders that speak for us. We live in the United State of America, which give us the right to freedom, and our elders have always let us speak our minds and have our own opinions.

And yes, I am close to my heritage. Anytime you want to come out and make lefse with me or have a green beer just let me know.

And yes, Jesus would wear a Sioux hockey jersey.