SiouxSports.com Forum

The Death of a Nation

KC-Champ

It is truly sad to read what GK relates to as Indians who have "lost their way."

To me, it seems like those in Inmed who have gone through the program seem to use what conditions their people are in to motivate them. To think "I know where I've come from, and I may be Sioux, but I am not going to share their lot." They look out for themselves. They are taking the all important first steps to break themselves from the public perception of what it is to be Native American (oppressed, impoverished, downtrodden, utterly dependent) towards the public exception (independent and strong). These students shouldn't be looked down upon because they aren't preoccupied with the plight of their general populace. They should be commended for breaking the stereotype and taking their own steps towards achieving something for themselves and making a name that looks favorably to themselves, their families, their peers, and their people.

They don't have to dress like you or "look Indian" whatever that means to be Indian. Just like you don't have to look American to be one. What does an American look like anyways?

Those people I am proud of.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for you, GK. For you, only pity and frustration.

Edited by redwing77

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic