SiouxSports.com Forum

The Death of a Nation

KC-Champ

This is a sad day for the Sioux Nation and I'm speaking of the Tribe not the University of North Dakota. Why do I say this? They will be dying off into history just as the Aztec's, Myian's, and other cultures in Central and South America. They will become a forgotten people with no temples or other long standing icons of the culture left behind for history to remember them by. I had the fortune to work for the Sioux Tribe for almost five years at Sioux Manufacturing Corporation and worked side by side with Sioux Tribal members. In the time I worked at FT. Totten you could count the number of Tribal member who complained about UND using the Sioux nickname on one hand with fingers left over.

I served on the Little Hoop Community College Advisory board and initiated the Native Americans into Engineering program with both UND and NDSU, to meet the needs of the manufacturing companies at Ft. Totten. Enrolled tribal members through education at Little Hoop, UND & NDSU and internship at the plants we hoped to move the tribal members into higher paying positions and assist them in betterment for there people. In implementing the program the tribal members that participated in the program were referred by some tribal members as "Apples", red on the outside white on the inside. When I asked about this I was told by some of the individuals who were particpating in the program that members of there own families didn't like them trying to improve themselves to help the family by getting a better education and helping there people. One said "we hold one another back." I see this pattern again with the use of ths Sioux name, Logo and Honor in the name. While I'm not a trbial member of the Sioux Tribe I can be an enrolled member of another tribe if I so desire, and I may some day. I look at the use by the University of North Dakota of the name Sioux as one that is of pride for all people who have an once of Native American blood flowing through there veins.

One suggestiion that may make a difference is if the "Fighting" was dropped from the Sioux, these are a very proud and caring people who have been dishonered in the past and have little trust in people until you show them your hearts and true intentions. There will be tribal members who read this and will know who wrote it and those tribal members who know me know me as an honest individual. It took six months before a member of the Sioux tribal member learned to trust me. I was asked sometime later if I was prejudice I replied that I was to his surprise and then I asked him if he wanted to know what my prejudice was, to which he replied yes. I said "my prejudice is ignorance." Let us all work together to keep the name of the Sioux people alive in a respectful manner and not the way of other cultures to be lost in history for all time.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a sad day for the Sioux Nation and I'm speaking of the Tribe not the University of North Dakota. Why do I say this?  They will be dying off into history just as the Aztec's, Myian's, and other cultures in Central and South America. They will become a forgotten people with no temples or other long standing icons of the culture left behind for history to remember them by.  I had the fortune to  work for the Sioux Tribe for almost five years at Sioux Manufacturing Corporation and worked side by side with Sioux Tribal members.  In the time I worked at FT. Totten you could count the number of Tribal member who complained about UND using the Sioux nickname on one hand with fingers left over. 

I served on the Little Hoop Community College Advisory board and initiated the Native Americans into Engineering program with both UND and NDSU, to meet the needs of the manufacturing companies at Ft. Totten. Enrolled tribal members through education at Little Hoop, UND & NDSU  and internship at the plants  we hoped to move the tribal members into higher paying positions and assist them in betterment for there people.  In implementing the program the tribal members that participated in the program were referred by some tribal members as "Apples", red on the outside white on the inside.  When I asked about this I was told by some of the individuals who were particpating in the program that members of there own families didn't like them trying to improve themselves to help the family by getting a better education and helping there people. One said "we hold one another back."  I see this pattern again with the use of ths Sioux name, Logo and Honor in the name.  While I'm not a trbial member of the Sioux Tribe I can be an enrolled member of another tribe if I so desire, and I may some day.  I look at the use by the University of North Dakota  of the name Sioux as one that is of pride for all people who have an once of Native American blood flowing through there veins. 

One suggestiion that may make a difference is if the "Fighting" was dropped from the Sioux, these are a very proud and caring people who have been dishonered in the past and have little trust in people until you show them your hearts and true intentions.  There will be tribal members who read this and will know who wrote it and those tribal members who know me know me as an honest individual.  It took six months before a member of the Sioux tribal member learned to trust me.  I was asked sometime later if I was prejudice I replied that I was to his surprise and then I asked him if he wanted to know what my prejudice was, to which he replied yes.  I said "my prejudice is ignorance."  Let us all work together to keep the name of the Sioux people alive in a respectful manner and not the way of other cultures to be lost in history for all time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely!

Wow.....please don't feel bad for my Sioux People. Feel bad for your own people.

Your people don't know who you are, so you go around claiming other cultures for your own. The Sioux people know who they are.

We are dying off? Have you seen the last census? The ONLY communities in this state to grow were Indian communities.

We won't die if UND changes its name. As I stated before, There are over 500 Federally recognized tribes. What do you think happened to the tribes that aren't mocked by a University/college? Yep, they are still alive and well...

Feel bad for your blonde haired/blue eyed people, because by around 2040 you'll be the minority, with our brown brothers/sisters from the south becoming the majority.

Man, you all need to get a life. I haven't been in here since the Bismark summit meeting because after being surrounded by my own people, its hard to come back here and be "honored" some more.....lol

ps. I don't know which forum it was, but Germany didn't bomb Pearl Harbor....It was Japan.

Whata suprise you came back today.  You can go back to your people since they are so much better then us.  We don't need you to do anything for us. Goodbye.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just because I don't waste my time in here doesn't mean that I'm not around. Yeah, you are right about my people, but I still have to complete my mission here on campus of changing this name, once and for all....

graham kracker:

Your comments above serve as proof to all that you are most racist person posting on this site by far, bar none...if any of us posted the garbage that you post, in such a transparent attempt to distinguish our race as the superior race, we'd be banned from this board forever. But you get a free pass. Why, I'll never know...

For the good of all, including your people who don't share your obvious racial biases, please go away.

Wow.....please don't feel bad for my Sioux People.  Feel bad for your own people.

Your people don't know who you are, so you go around claiming other cultures for your own.  The Sioux people know who they are. 

We are dying off?  Have you seen the last census?  The ONLY communities in this state to grow were Indian communities. 

We won't die if UND changes its name.  As I stated before, There are over 500 Federally recognized tribes. What do you think happened to the tribes that aren't mocked by a University/college?  Yep, they are still alive and well...

Feel bad for your blonde haired/blue eyed people, because by around 2040 you'll be the minority, with our brown brothers/sisters from the south becoming the majority. 

Man, you all need to get a life.  I haven't been in here since the Bismark summit meeting because after being surrounded by my own people, its hard to come back here and be "honored" some more.....lol

ps.  I don't know which forum it was, but Germany didn't bomb Pearl Harbor....It was Japan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, you didn't need to come back and insult everyone on your first post back. Anyways down to business. "The ONLY communities in this state to grow were Indian communities"...well I guess last I checked, Bismarck, Fargo, and West Fargo weren't Indian communities. Unless they all of the sudden lost a bunch of residents I'm not sure what census you saw. You also stated "You people don't know who you are." Nice prejudgement there. Just because some of us aren't native americans doesn't mean that we don't know our history and background. I'm dominantly German heritage, and I love to learn and hear about where I came from. You also referred to every caucasian(i assume thats what you were referring to) as blonde hair/blue eyes. Where does this come from? Last I checked, all caucasians came from different backgrounds and have different features. Another stereotype/prejudgement. And the last comment, "You all need to get a life." So I guess since we don't want the name we all love and HONOR to be changed we have no life. Wow GK, your posts are so prejudgemental that it's sad. Oh yeah one last thing, when you said "I don't know which forum it was, but Germany didn't bomb pearl harbor....it was japan" I read this earlier also. Notice the :angry: after the statement. It was an inside joke.

PS: Here's your University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX SCOOORRRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGG!!!!....god I hope we hear that about 200 times this year!

C'mon now, is that a way to "honor" one of the only true Sioux's you know?lolol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To JimDahl and all the other moderators: Before I say this I want you to know that I apologize for what I am about to say, I consider myself warned now, and this will never happen again from me, count on that. And to fellow posters, in no way does this reflect what you may be thinking, but this is absolutely something I have to say, so please don't lose respect for me(if you had any to begin with :angry: )

GrahamKracker: Go scrioux yourself!!!

Wow.....please don't feel bad for my Sioux People.  Feel bad for your own people.

Your people don't know who you are, so you go around claiming other cultures for your own.  The Sioux people know who they are. 

We are dying off?  Have you seen the last census?  The ONLY communities in this state to grow were Indian communities. 

We won't die if UND changes its name.  As I stated before, There are over 500 Federally recognized tribes. What do you think happened to the tribes that aren't mocked by a University/college?  Yep, they are still alive and well...

Man, you all need to get a life.  I haven't been in here since the Bismark summit meeting because after being surrounded by my own people, its hard to come back here and be "honored" some more.....lol

ps.  I don't know which forum it was, but Germany didn't bomb Pearl Harbor....It was Japan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the racial profiling.... last time I looked in a mirror my hair wasn't blonde, my eyes aren't blue, but what would I know since you are an expert about everything. :angry:

BTW, if you like it so much surrounded by your own people, then you must be a segregationist also. What you fail to realize is the the REST of the world is progressing and not worried about what race and creed of people are surrounding them at work or in the community. I work with people of all religions, race, beliefs and the last thing we worry about is the differences we have. The thing you talk about all the time is that "the white man" needs to move on and get rid of Native American logos. It is actually time for everyone, including Native Americans to get past minor issues like logos and deal with real issues that they are facing along with the rest of the world.

Also, the bombing of Pearl Harbor is a JOKE ;) Check out a movie called Animal House.