SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I bet Corbin Knight liked what he saw this past weekend. :silly:

I would also bet that UMass can't offer that type of atmosphere in any of their home games. :silly:

Will we be seeing a commitment soon?

What a weekend to come to the REA it was rocking this weekend.

One of them plays midgets in Winnipeg. I think his last name my be O'Connel or something like that. Hopefully that rings a bell for someone.

There is a player on the Winnipeg Wild by the name of Brenden O'Donnell. He was the Manitoba AAA Hockey League Offensive POTM. He has 69 pots in 32 games (33g 36a). This is good for 2nd in the league in points to Michael St. Croix.

Here's the stats for the league.

The Winnipeg Wild website is currently down, though.

Is this the same St. Croix the Sioux were interested in?

There is a player on the Winnipeg Wild by the name of Brenden O'Donnell. He was the Manitoba AAA Hockey League Offensive POTM. He has 69 pots in 32 games (33g 36a). This is good for 2nd in the league in points to Michael St. Croix.

Dang, you found it right before I did... :silly:

Let's hope he grows another 2 inches. I like the idea of having some bigger forwards with offensive power. They seem to be a lot more consistent than smaller forwards. He's currently 5'11", 175, but only 16. If he puts in work at the weight room and can get around 190 lbs, he'll hopefully be a force for the Sioux.

Noticed Travis and Darcy Zajac's little brother Nolan down the list on that leaderboard. Does anyone know if the Sioux are going to make him an offer?

Noticed Travis and Darcy Zajac's little brother Nolan down the list on that leaderboard. Does anyone know if the Sioux are going to make him an offer?

Travis was a guy you couldn't pass up, Darcy is a good guy to fill a roster spot with, but isn't going to light it up. It may depend on how many spots we need and how many recruits of ours are available at the time. I don't think Hak & Co. will be quick to sign him, but I do think they'll be more apt to fill a needed spot with a someone from the Sioux family versus someone else, assuming Nolan is D1 capable.

i noticed on the wild website (that's working now) that this o'donnell kid goes to the same high school gregoire went to in winnipeg. (half-photographic memory :silly: ) could be a connection there... just speculating.