SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Any ideas on other future goalie options?

Andrew Lindgren from Eagan was pretty impressive in the state tourney and has had very good numbers and his brother plays at SCSU but I'm not quite sold that he can be a #1 guy in college yet. I wouldn't be surprised if our next goalie comes from juniors somewhere, I would guess Hunter Shepherd who won the top goaltender award in MN this season may be an option with a good season in juniors next year. Further down the line I really like Jake Oettinger a freshman this season from Lakeville North.

according to hockeydb he scored a total of 1 goal at UND...just saying that doesn't sound like a guy who was leading his class in scoring

I guess either someone here in WBL misinformed me or my memory is fading. I do recall sitting with his family at Mankato, which was the tenth game of the year according to USCHO, when he got hurt. He did not come out after an intermission and they knew he was injured. He never really regained his level of play the rest of the season.

I guess either someone here in WBL misinformed me or my memory is fading. I do recall sitting with his family at Mankato, which was the tenth game of the year according to USCHO, when he got hurt. He did not come out after an intermission and they knew he was injured. He never really regained his level of play the rest of the season.

Never happened to me... :) wasn't trying to call anything out. I didn't recall the kid either, so I just wanted to refresh my memory

Calling wahlin the best forward in the state would be a stretch. But he is good with the puck on his stick and will have plenty of choices of schools

Not sure anyone called him the best forward in the state but he is in the top group, I think people were calling him one of the top scorers in the state which he is.

Robby Jackson gets a goal and an assist going +2 with 2 shots. The '97 forward has 39 points (26 goals and 13 assist) for Chicago. He is +15 in 56 games.

Jake Wahlin gets a goal for Tri-City he had 4 shots and went +1.

Colton Poolman goes -2 with 2 SOG for Fargo.

Tye Ausmus goes -2 and 1 SOG for Lincoln.

Blaine Soph. forward Riley Tufte committed to Duluth yesterday. I would guess we had interest as most teams probably did and it sounds like Tufte will likely be heading to NTDP. Don't know if Amsoil is the reason or what it is but Duluth has really picked it up in recruiting lately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

5'11, 175 lbs as a 10th grader is small?

Is that he was listed at? Seemed smaller during the state tournament like maybe 5'9-5'10. Anyway I said smaller and 5'11 definitely wouldn't be tall. Thing that stood out with him was his skating ability and offensive skill, I really would have liked to see him land at UND

'97 D Ryan Zuhlsdorf of Edina commits to Minnesota, really liked what I saw from him during the state tournament, smaller D with good offensive skills and a great skater.

This kid was real good, awesome skater. Does anyone know if this was the kid that pulled the full speed spin o rama in the the title game (could have been the semi game too)? I've been trying to find it on YouTube.

This kid was real good, awesome skater. Does anyone know if this was the kid that pulled the full speed spin o rama in the the title game (could have been the semi game too)? I've been trying to find it on YouTube.

Can't remember exactly but just by the way he played overall as well as his skill with the puck and the way he could skate I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he pulled that move.