SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I was informed that we're interested in Blake Thompson, who played for Sioux Falls in the USHL last year. I'm not sure as to the degree of interest though.

Any clue if there is interest in Nolan Zajac? Just wondering since the obvious connections and I figure if we're looking at D he would be one. Although it seems like we are quite full for D until 2011 with Mattson and Forbort more than likely coming in next year.

Any clue if there is interest in Nolan Zajac? Just wondering since the obvious connections and I figure if we're looking at D he would be one. Although it seems like we are quite full for D until 2011 with Mattson and Forbort more than likely coming in next year.

we do seem full but nolan seems to be a nice d man prospect. if there is an opening it would be great to have him be the 3rd zajac to skate for the sioux. 11 would be the only way if so

rosters arent set yet but as of now hes not

penticton

regarding hayden trupp-

I did a search and found out he was at their training camp and I saw on one of their blogs that he played in penticton's last preseason game. However, their roster isn't finalized yet as more cuts will be made to get their roster down in size since it is at 30 right now. I'm sure they'll have a final roster set soon.

isnt it van voorhis thats on the sioux radar? cant remember if thats the one though

Yeah that's the one. I believe the Exiled One mentioned he thinks he will end up here. I think he is originally from North Dakota but moved to Edina and played there until obviously moving on to the Development Team.

Yeah that's the one. I believe the Exiled One mentioned he thinks he will end up here. I think he is originally from North Dakota but moved to Edina and played there until obviously moving on to the Development Team.

i think that sounds right as i remember that name

The NTDP 17U team released their roster today, many of these names have been known for awhile though, here it is,

http://usahockey.cachefly.net/NTDP/0910_U17Roster.pdf

When's the last time you saw a hockey roster where the lowest jersey number on the team is ... a goalie (#31). What's up with that?

I'm still itching that UND has a goalie wearing 32 this year and then I see this from the U17s. <traditionalist shakes head in disgust>

Goalies should wear 1, 29, 30, 31, or 35. Everyone else should wear from 2-29 (except at UND where 12 and 23 are excluded).

(Sorry JPL, I know you wore 34 for a season, but your redeemed yourself with a 1.)