SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Gleason skates amazingly well and jumps up into the play a lot. I thought he was the best player on the ice...I expected to see more from Budish but he does have good size and skates well for a big guy with a decent amount of speed. Marshall Everson(Harvard commit) was a good player as showed by his 5 goals on the night. His younger brother (guessing) Max Everson is a freshman D on the team and thought he played well for being so young on such a talented team. Anders Lee(jr) is a very good player and I also thought that Connor Gaarder(jr) played a good game. David Jarret(soph) laid a nice hit in the third period. Just giving my comments on the game. Anders Lee and Zach Budish are players to keep eyes on and Brendan Baker is also a nice played to watch to see where he goes to college.

Very astute analysis... well done. A few more tidbits I'd add about this all-star laden H.S. team: Rumor has it that either the UND or the UMN coaching staff was telling Budish to shoot more. The idea is to make him more of a "drive-the-net" type of player. You're correct that Max is the younger brother of Marshall, and is a good compliment to Gleason because he's going to be a solid defensive defensman. Anders Lee is definately a goal hound (which isn't meant in a bad way). Obiously his scholarship opportunities will be better in hockey, but I wonder if he doesn't enjoy Football enough to go that route instead?

Micheal Lee to St. Cloud as per Western college hockey blog.

I loved his poise when I saw him play. No extra movement, no flopping around. I don't know how hard UND went after him, but I was hoping he would end up in GF.

I guess he will get more playing time there than he might have at UND. Did we do something bad to Roseau's coach? That used to be a farm team for UND.

From what I understand it had to do with playing time behind Eidsness, even though he still is two years behind him. It seems a little immature on his part because most goalies can't come in freshman year and make an impact.

I guess he will get more playing time there than he might have at UND. Did we do something bad to Roseau's coach? That used to be a farm team for UND.

I doubt it has anything to do with Roseau, so much as the wealth of players in the MSP metro area and Canada eager to play for the Sioux.

From what I understand it had to do with playing time behind Eidsness, even though he still is two years behind him. It seems a little immature on his part because most goalies can't come in freshman year and make an impact.

I imagine Dunn will be the starter as a senior, and Mike Lee will back him up as a freshman. If he pans out, Mike could be a three year starter for the Huskies. That's as much as any goalie can ask for.

I don't doubt that if UND had pushed harder for him, they could've landed him. The situation for him at SCSU was probably just a better fit. That seems to be the way it goes for goalies.

I'm sure the next goalie UND recruits will be a gem... nothing to worry about.

He'll play a year of juniors either next season or the season after.

Does anybody else agree with me that he's got to be the front runner for the Frank Brimsek award?

Yea id agree..on a side note though Exiled One have you heard anymore on Zach Budishs plans or any idea on when we can expect to find out.thanks.

I know I've brought this up before but does anyone know anything new on the D situation for next year. I have seen a few names thrown around for next year but haven't heard anything recently. Are we still recruiting for next year or do we plan on bringing in both Gleason and Fienhage?

I know I've brought this up before but does anyone know anything new on the D situation for next year. I have seen a few names thrown around for next year but haven't heard anything recently. Are we still recruiting for next year or do we plan on bringing in both Gleason and Fienhage?

I would think they would be both coming in unless the totally unexpected happens and Finley or Chorney returns for their senior year. That would give us Lapoint, Marto, Jones, Genoway, Blood, Gleason, and Fienhage....7 D is the minimum

I think Gleason and Fienhage would both be better off if they played a year of USHL.

I do to but who do we bring in besides them to fill out the D corps?? Those are our recruits and it looks to me based on the numbers that they will be here next year.

Because they will both be drafted fairly high (round 2-4), 1 year in USHL is 1 less year with the Sioux - neither is a 4 year college player.

There are some 3rd and 4th rounders that stick around for 4 years. 2nd round seems to becoming less likely, especially if they seemed to have peaked as college players.

There are some 3rd and 4th rounders that stick around for 4 years. 2nd round seems to becoming less likely, especially if they seemed to have peaked as college players.

I have seen Finehage play 8-10 times and I dont see a 2 year player. I see 4 for sure, I am not as high on him as some people. With your recruits coming in I would think he is a 6th or 7th guy. I will admit that is more of a compliment to your incoming players than it is a question of Finehage's talent.

I have seen Finehage play 8-10 times and I dont see a 2 year player. I see 4 for sure, I am not as high on him as some people. With your recruits coming in I would think he is a 6th or 7th guy. I will admit that is more of a compliment to your incoming players than it is a question of Finehage's talent.

He will need some coaching and is a big defensive defenseman from what i have heard. Get him in with the Sioux coaching staff and he will probably develop faster than a lot of people think.

I doubt it has anything to do with Roseau, so much as the wealth of players in the MSP metro area and Canada eager to play for the Sioux.

I believe it is the old you can't get them all. Although some claim that UND over recruits.

I am a little skeptical that Gleason will be drafted highly. Great player, but not an NHL type body (who knows with the "new" NHL). Hard to say he looked so good on Thursday, but Rochester Century will me mediocre. Fienhage will come in like every other big defensive defender. He will look out of place for 0.5 to 1.5 seasons and then become a shutdown defender. Blood will come in 08. My guess is that next year we have:

Blood

Fienhage

Marto

LaPoint

Genoway

Jones

1 or 2 More?

Corbin McPherson?

Andrew MacWilliam?