SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

because sometimes you just cant say anything if you want to keep your sources.

im guessing its budish as i heard before that it would maybe be a early november visit

i realize that, its just the way it sounded to me. its nothing against proudsioux though.

There is a large contingent of Gopher fans that want Budish because he's been on the radar for a while because of where he plays high school hockey and the recent success they have had. Don't confuse people wanting a player with being confident that the Gophers will land him. Two very different things.

Budish is probably a bit overhyped at this exact moment for those that are expecting a Kessel/Parise/Vanek/Toews type of phenom. I've heard him compared to Grant Potulny with maybe a bit more skill. However, just remember the intagibles that GP brought to the table helped the goofers go B2B. He's (potentially) a future captain for every team he plays on from now to eternity. For that reason, at least, he's not overhyped at all.

Sometimes you just can't leak it out. I posted that so fans would be informed that there is a recruit and maybe they could take notice of him.

I understand that some of the information cant be leaked like names and such but i appreciate the info USA its good to know that theres a big name recruit whos going to be here im gonna try and see if I notice who it is from my seats but I cant see very good so someone else on the board might need to help me out with identifying him.

I understand that some of the information cant be leaked like names and such but i appreciate the info USA its good to know that theres a big name recruit whos going to be here im gonna try and see if I notice who it is from my seats but I cant see very good so someone else on the board might need to help me out with identifying him.

Remember that the recruit I was posting about is visiting tommorow night. There was a recruit tonight also.

Remember that the recruit I was posting about is visiting tommorow night. There was a recruit tonight also.

Im pretty sure i saw one tonite. notice im typing correctly. i was on my best behavior. couldnt get his name but was wearing aa suit and tie. his dad looked really impress but his mom didnt really no what to think.

Im pretty sure i saw one tonite. notice im typing correctly. i was on my best behavior. couldnt get his name but was wearing aa suit and tie. his dad looked really impress but his mom didnt really no what to think.

i saw him too. he was a little bit shorter than jackson, and had fairly dark skin. anybody have any ideas? i just noticed him, not either of his parents.

i saw him too. he was a little bit shorter than jackson, and had fairly dark skin. anybody have any ideas? i just noticed him, not either of his parents.

Could it have been the player in this link from the Portage Terriers. Jeremy Dawes is not quite as good as his brother Nigel who plays for the NY Rangers but still a very solid player and fast.

<a href="http://www.portageterriers.com/_mgxroot/page_10819.html" target="_blank">http://www.portageterriers.com/_mgxroot/page_10819.html</a>

He didn't look like Dawes but he did have a SJHL warm up on,couldn't see the front only the back :lol:

Well I would have assumed that the Sioux are looking at D men anyway. The only SJHL D-man I can think of who is really good and has slightly darker skin is Stephen Simms with Weyburn. He won the hardest shot competition at last years Tier II Junior All-star game.

http://www.sjhl.ca/playerprofile.aspx?player_id=1543

I see Derek Lee wasn't in the lineup for Salmon Arm last night. He wouldn't have been on a recruiting visit to Denver, CC, Michigan, Michigan State, Miami, UNH or Maine. Teams that played at home last night were Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Boston College and the Sioux. So, I wonder where he was?

Edit: Derek Lee and Brett Hextall are playing for Team Canada West. So that's most likely where Lee was last night.

Zach Budish is visiting the campus and will be getting a tour of the arena today. I'm not sure if this is an "official" vist or not, but at least he is going to be there.

:lol: good to here hopefully another good showing tonight...did anyone notice the guys in the black warmups who sat in the upper bowl by the student section? i think it said bruins on it and the only team i could think of was the jr bruins but im not sure why the whole team would be in grand forks.

:lol: good to here hopefully another good showing tonight...did anyone notice the guys in the black warmups who sat in the upper bowl by the student section? i think it said bruins on it and the only team i could think of was the jr bruins but im not sure why the whole team would be in grand forks.

Typically, that's where the youth teams sit. It could have been the Fargo South Youth Hockey Team.

As some may have expected, the recruit visiting last night was Zach Buddish. On another note, I was recently informed that we have been recruiting a player from the FM-Jets. He has already made a visit here. He's only 16 years old, he played Junior B's when he was 14. Here is the link, http://www.fmjets.com/players.asp

Tyler Swanson?

:D good to here hopefully another good showing tonight...did anyone notice the guys in the black warmups who sat in the upper bowl by the student section? i think it said bruins on it and the only team i could think of was the jr bruins but im not sure why the whole team would be in grand forks.

A couple of the guys from this team came to the mall while I was working. I talked to them a bit. They are a junior team out of Canada just down to watch. I asked what their names were and didn't recognize either (nor remember what they were).

A couple of the guys from this team came to the mall while I was working. I talked to them a bit. They are a junior team out of Canada just down to watch. I asked what their names were and didn't recognize either (nor remember what they were).

Estevan Bruins, probably, not that far from Grand Forks.