SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

is there any new word on aaron marvin?? is anybody here linked to the marvin family at all?

and also on brad malone...things seem pretty quiet on these two.

I'm sure it will heat up about this time next year, probably a little earlier though. There's 2 people who are gone after this year for sure that I know of(besides the seniors).

"It was an adjustment period for me in the first half (of the season in college). I would like to spend a whole season there, where everything is clicking and be a big part of the team and a leader." (Toews)

I think we'd like to see a full season of Toews playing like he did down the stretch also.

If Toews came back and played like he did down the stretch, he would definetly be a front runner for the HOBEY, would be possibly be the youngest player to win that award???

Siouxhockey5

Based on the article if the team that drafts him wants him to sign immediately he will be gone. I would say that there is a better than 50/50 chance that he will sign. He basically said if the opportunity to sign a contract is there, he will do so. He will more than likely be added to the list of early departures. Hopefully if that happens Johnson and Kesshole will follow suit. The teams drafting at the top need immediate help and likely will want to get these top guys into their systems immediately.

I'm sure it will heat up about this time next year, probably a little earlier though. There's 2 people who are gone after this year for sure that I know of(besides the seniors).

Who might that be?

If Toews came back and played like he did down the stretch, he would definetly be a front runner for the HOBEY, would be possibly be the youngest player to win that award???

Siouxhockey5

Good grief! It's a little early for Hobey Baker talk, isn't it?

It's probably a bit early to be thinking about who will go pro after next season being that we are probably still going to get hit with a few more this off-season. :D:silly:

I heard that, in two years, Lammy may be leaving UND! Also, the same source told me that Fabian will be leaving next season! :silly:

Who cares.....I am sure we can field a competetive team with the posters on this site. I am sure the coaches will be posting the tryout schedule come August after this "offseason".

Nope! I called it first! Position is mine. Already checked with Hak, who checked the rules and I'm goalie!! :D

I'll take Zajac's spot at center. Problem is I can't skate backwards only forward. Oh well, I'll improvise. I think I can do OK on draws though.

i would like to only play on the powerplay if thats cool with everyone else :D actually to be more specific i would like only to be out there during 5 on 3's and i want to be the guy right by the crease that takes the cross crease pass for a easy tap in ;)

and i need immunity on celebrations if possible, i have a few tricks in the bag i would like to showcase :silly:

you guys wont mind if i try this move will ya??

amazing-hockey-goal.jpg

also can we work out a contract for s jackson to coach as well, he can be a goalie coach, looks like he has some experience :D

hockey-coach-jules.jpg

Here's an article on Hunter Biship from the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner:

Bishop to skate at North Dakota

On the British Columbia Hockey League Web site, Hunter Bishop called the University of North Dakota his dream college.

The former West Valley High School and Fairbanks Ice Dogs skater is a signature away from making his dream come true.

Bishop, an 18-year-old left wing, verbally committed Monday to skate this coming season for North Dakota, a national powerhouse and member of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, which includes the University of Alaska Anchorage and the last three NCAA Division I national champions--Wisconsin this year and Denver in 2004 and 2005.

"I definitely have to say it was their reputation,'' Bishop, in a telephone interview Thursday, said of a reason for choosing North Dakota.

Hunter Bishop? I sense some fertile ground for YaneA, resident sign-maker. :silly: