SiouxSports.com Forum

Possible replacement names

Brent_Bobyck

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh-oh. Looks like I ticked-off an accountant, and I know how you guys get. Seriously.

You didn't tick off an accountant or a guy. Plus, your photo link doesn't work, which means whatever joke you were trying to crack didn't work, either.

You didn't tick off an accountant or a guy. Plus, your photo link doesn't work, which means whatever joke you were trying to crack didn't work, either.

I'm not a guy, but accounting is my work, and if your photo link did happen to work, I'd probably be more ticked-off. :lol:

P.S. I love smileys! :D :D ;)

stu

Accountants don't laugh, anyways.

And I won't use the term 'guys' ever again. Who knew that a forum devoted to UND athletics was so deeply involved in grammar and syntax? Not this gal.

Does this work for anyone?

Here is the problem...the link requires something called "Microsoft Passport.net". It shows up as a "pop-up" and requires one to register with Microsoft in order to view the file.

Strike three...I hate pop-ups.

EDIT: BTW...strike three doesn't mean you are out.

(closing pop-up one last time)

Here is the problem...the link requires something called "Microsoft Passport.net". It shows up as a "pop-up" and requires one to register with Microsoft in order to view the file.

Agreed. Thanks for the "commercial", Coulee. ;)

Tip for posting images on message boards... PhotoBucket is your friend, it allows you to upload any image and link directly to it. Photo albums like Yahoo or MSN often require tricky configuration to make photos accessible to the public without a login.

Tip for posting images on message boards... PhotoBucket is your friend, it allows you to upload any image and link directly to it. Photo albums like Yahoo or MSN often require tricky configuration to make photos accessible to the public without a login.

Thanks Jim. I have a nice pic of the SS.com tailgater but haven't known how to post it without asking PCM to do it for me. I'll give it a try.

• 3 months later...

I rolled this out to PCM (and he scoffed for reasons only known to he and I):

- UND uses a green very close to British racing green

- a particular manufacturer uses a green hue even more similar to UND's Pantone 347

- the NCAA has Pontiac (don't go there for now) as a prime sponsor

Why not:

- cut an endorsement deal with that manufacturer (we use their name and logo on jerseys)

- use the color of the manufacturer (which is so close to UND already)

- one (way) up the NCAA

And become .... (this is really up-ing the NCAA)

Yes, Jaguar racing green.

What a way to tell Myles to, "Get your silly-a.. Pontiac otta here."

Ripknees? Is the team owned by orthopedic surgeons? ;);)

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3381108

When asked about the name, Billy answered, "When I was a kid, My Dad used to kill time on road trips by telling us "ripknee" stories. Ripknee was an imaginary hero, like Underdog, who wore ripped jeans and would use his "golden knee" to save the world. We all ran around with rips in our jeans as kids, esp. the knee, hence the name.

Ripknee would use his knee to weld the hole in the Titanic, or melt the snow from a blizzard so a town was saved (maybe he could even fix a Frost Heave Alex). When we would go see Mt. Rushmore, my Dad said the faces were Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington and Ripknee. It was awesome. So in that spirit, we're calling the team the Minnesota Ripknees.

Dad sounds like a riot!

You can imagine how hot the dance team will be with the ripped knee theme!

The marketing possibilities here are just endless. :huh::blush::lol:

"Abominable snowmen" just doesn't fit in chants, though broadcasters would undoubtedly use "yeti" as slang. We could even bring back the bleacher creature after dipping him in white paint. Of course, two years after adopting the name, an abominable snowman would be discovered, taught English, and integrated into society, such that his first English words would be a demand that UND quit using his name.

Here's another reason not to use Abominable Snowmen - it's already being used (albeit by your own brother's crappy team). But then again, the jerseys are already made:

snowmen.jpg

John

Thanks guys - I did the basic jersey design, and they were made by Chris at Gemini Athletic Wear in the Twin Cities - the same guy who designed and made the last two Sioux jerseys. The quality is amazing - I can definitely recommend them to anyone needing jerseys for any kind of hockey team. Although I'd hate to give up my logo to UND I could probably be persuaded, but it's not my favorite of the new nickname choices.

It made more sense for my team, as we're all pretty much snow-covered by the end of a game.

John

Here's another reason not to use Abominable Snowmen - it's already being used (albeit by your own brother's crappy team). But then again, the jerseys are already made:

snowmen.jpg

John

That style of jersey would look good with green and white.