SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Youngstown. 10/26/24

SiouxFan100

18 minutes ago, Kab said:

Need to come up with a top ten list of Bubbas BLUNDERS and what he learned from each one 

start a thread and create a list, probably be 50+ of specific blunders, then get a poll going to determine the top ten....   maybe start a "help bubba" fund to publish the list so eyes that need to see it can't deny it....

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Giving up 334 rushing yards is mind boggling. 

This....^^^

At some point defensively the scheme needed to be adjusted. 

At some point the players needed to decide they weren't gonna get ragdolled all game.

Neither happened.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Of course Bubba was standing on the sidelines looking all nervous and chewing his nails in-game - show of strength & leadership!!!

Looking like he didn’t know where he was and that he just crapped his pants the whole time 

1 minute ago, 90siouxfan said:

I recall there were flags on the play for an ineligible player downfield, I assumed it was that guy but I was busy hitting the red X to escape the entire mess...

if you can stand the pain.. watch it again.. I think the guy was an eligible receiver.. announcers say he was a lineman.. but he was lined up basically as a TE and then blocked and went out for a pass.  Probably was the 2nd option on that play.

1 minute ago, wheelsup said:

if you can stand the pain.. watch it again.. I think the guy was an eligible receiver.. announcers say he was a lineman.. but he was lined up basically as a TE and then blocked and went out for a pass.  Probably was the 2nd option on that play.

He was.  OMG...that is even more pathetic then.  Reminds me of the fumbled trick play at Missouri State in 2021...

Maybe Belquist was supposed to catch it after being deflected off the hands of #67?

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

He was.  OMG...that is even more pathetic then.  Reminds me of the fumbled trick play at Missouri State in 2021...

Maybe Belquist was supposed to catch it after being deflected off the hands of #67?

crazy as a fox... 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

start a thread and create a list, probably be 50+ of specific blunders, then get a poll going to determine the top ten....   maybe start a "help bubba" fund to publish the list so eyes that need to see it can't deny it....

I can't imagine this list.....talk about digging up some moments....

Someone needs to do it. 

15 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

#67 had no idea what he was doing.  You cannot tell me he was leaking out as a receiver.  

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

#67 had no idea what he was doing.  You cannot tell me he was leaking out as a receiver.  

watch it again.. he was basically the TE.. he blocked down and then went out as a receiver.. Im not a great football mind so its possible Im wrong, but I think he was eligible.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Simon was 19-24 with bad drops and they took him off the field for the biggest play of the year on the road outside and at night and had a te throw his first pass of the year after blocking all game. Am I missing anything?

You covered it...Classic Bubba...

1 minute ago, UND Football Fan said:

Not sure how many times it was practiced but

A: 67 was not any option, because he reacted like a guy who never caught a pass in his life

B: if practiced it was probably half @ss because Q reacted like WTF do I do now since they were on him within 2 seconds. 

#67 would have caught 2 out of 10 tries...

9 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

watch it again.. he was basically the TE.. he blocked down and then went out as a receiver.. Im not a great football mind so its possible Im wrong, but I think he was eligible.

That’s fine but watch him.  He looks like he has no idea what planet he is on.

This sucks and because of the extension Bubba is back next year. Promoting Schwenzfeier was a bad move at the time and is looking even worse that previously imagined. That may be the worse UND football defensive performance of all time considering how bad Youngstown is.