SiouxSports.com Forum

2024-25 ND High School Hockey

7 hours ago, Clark17 said:

Holt is going to Athol Murray in Wilcox SK.  Dad's from up that way - Oxbow.  He played on AA Minot Bantam team last season.  Not sure what team he will be on as they field several. AAA - AA - A midget (U18) and so on through U15.  And of course the Jr. A team.  They used to field a Jr. B team too many years ago but I don't think they do that anymore.  

Thanks. My kid is friends with him so I was going off that info. Should know better than to trust a 15 year old. Ha ha. 

1 hour ago, Speez said:

No you don't have to respond. I don't care about your opinion because you have no clue what you are talking about. You newbees are the ones ruining this forum.

But I did and you're still a dummy - go away please as you don't have a clue.  

12 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Just mentioned a player that has done very well and still is currently who graduated with her teammates she grew up playing with 

Heard none to Warroad this year at least!

I know of one Fargo girl to Moorhead, one GF to some AAA academy in New Hampshire and one GF girl to Shattuck.  Both GF big hits for them, I would've had them top 3 with the goaltending they have.  They'll still be good with the back end situation but losing 2 players like that hurts.  There maybe more I haven't heard about.

There's a nice group in Bismarck now with both LHS/BHS and CHS.  Brenna Curl stuck it out and is going to Maine.  Avery Matt stuck is out and will be going D1 after her senior year.  There are other players who will be right there, including 2-3 FR and a couple 8th graders (who aren't allowed to play HS hockey in Bismarck due to AD rules).   Both Bismarck teams will compete this year after some growing pains when the change occured.

My hope is they start a trend where it's OK to stay home.  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

I know of one Fargo girl to Moorhead, one GF to some AAA academy in New Hampshire and one GF girl to Shattuck.  Both GF big hits for them, I would've had them top 3 with the goaltending they have.  They'll still be good with the back end situation but losing 2 players like that hurts.  There maybe more I haven't heard about.

There's a nice group in Bismarck now with both LHS/BHS and CHS.  Brenna Curl stuck it out and is going to Maine.  Avery Matt stuck is out and will be going D1 after her senior year.  There are other players who will be right there, including 2-3 FR and a couple 8th graders (who aren't allowed to play HS hockey in Bismarck due to AD rules).   Both Bismarck teams will compete this year after some growing pains when the change occured.

I knew Biz would be ok with 2 teams. Growing pains were expected and now those seem to be in the past. Still wish they’d try and have an east west region with 6 teams in each and a regional tourney to see who goes to state. By the way Jamestown will struggle this season. With Sorlie gone in net they will have a freshman in net. She’s good and athletic but is tiny. She will see many picks this coming season. 

On 8/23/2024 at 10:10 AM, sioux rube said:

Back when I coached the Blue Jay girls between ‘09-‘13 I don’t recall girls leaving like they do now. I do remember one who played for South then went to Shattuck then to the Gophers. Hell of a player but can’t remember her name. The departures recently have really watered down the quality of play and I don’t see that changing anytime soon 

Had to look her up. Girl was Alex Woken who had 63 points her freshman year for South/Davies. I knew the first time we played them that she wouldn’t stick around she was that good 

53 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I knew Biz would be ok with 2 teams. Growing pains were expected and now those seem to be in the past. Still wish they’d try and have an east west region with 6 teams in each and a regional tourney to see who goes to state. By the way Jamestown will struggle this season. With Sorlie gone in net they will have a freshman in net. She’s good and athletic but is tiny. She will see many picks this coming season. 

My biggest beef with girls ND hockey right now is the schedule.  Currently, each team play each other 2x and that leaves only ONE non conference game.  Hard to get new girls "tested" in that model.  Your east/west would help with that.

4 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

The GF girl going to Shattuck never played for the KnightRiders. Played in Crookston.

5 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

My biggest beef with girls ND hockey right now is the schedule.  Currently, each team play each other 2x and that leaves only ONE non conference game.  Hard to get new girls "tested" in that model.  Your east/west would help with that.

We always had a pre season scrimmage with either Mandan or Devils Lake. Didn’t count as a game 

Here's a list of 2024 ND HS graduates playing women's college hockey this season. There may be more but these are the ones I've seen posted on IG, FB & X.

Bismarck Century
Morgan Celley - University of Jamestown (ACHA D1)
Brenna Curl - University of Maine (D1)
Alivia Frykman - University of Jamestown (ACHA D1)

Devils Lake
Ashlyn Abrahamson - Hamline University (D3)
Mathea Nelson - Lake Region State College (ACHA D2)
Siri Olson - Bethel University (D3)

Grand Forks
Brina Seng - Concordia (D3)

Jamestown
Savannah Potratz - Hood College (D3)
Olivia Sorlie - University of Arizona (ACHA D1)
Peighton Walker - University of Dubuque (D3)

Minot
Jillian Ackerman - Minot State University (ACHA D1)

West Fargo
Courtney Dockter - Aurora University (D3)
Maggie Seeley - Concordia College(D3)

Williston
Keira Borreson - Concordia College (D3)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...