SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Iowa State 8/31/24

SiouxFan100

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Offensive schemes look similar to Danny's. 5 yards per pass attempt. I've seen this movie before.....

NDSU and SDSU will figure this out and test us to make a pass over 10 yards. OL looking good though.  Definitely reason for optimism there. 

3 minutes ago, Irish said:

So far all of the hallmarks of a Bubba team - some really good play but hampered by poor special teams, a porous defense, and horrible game management.  

I agree except amend it as inconsistent special teams and a defense that has become more porous for the last few years.

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Offensive schemes look similar to Danny's. 5 yards per pass attempt. I've seen this movie before.....

Difference to me so far is willingness to run.. and continue running.  Will be interesting if we attempt any longer passes… eventually need to stretch the defense. 

• Upvote 3

I do think Romfo may be playing conservative and not want to make a mistake on a longer pass though, so he is pulling it back down. Frustrating,  but better than an interception 

• Upvote 2

Tommy didn’t start his first game against a Big 12 team, a good one at that.  Give the team a little bit of a break guys. You’ll save yourself an ulcer. It’s a brand new offensive line. It’s a brand new offensive coordinator. It’s the quarterbacks first career start, and we knew, their receivers were special coming in and the quarterback was the big 12 offensive freshman of the year.  So the fact that they’re able to work us a little bit out there, shouldn’t be a surprise. This is also the first game starting for our safeties. They have 22 more scholarships than we do. They should be beating the crap out of us. Now, why we take a time out into halftime, I have no idea about  that one.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

I do think Romfo may be playing conservative and not want to make a mistake on a longer pass though, so he is pulling it back down. Frustrating,  but better than an interception 

I think offense and Romfo are fine. Real frustration is consistently awful defense and game management. 

Outsmarted themselves there. Went for the deep shot everyone wanted and the left tackle got beat like a drum again. 
same thing that happened at end of second quarter.

Left tackle pass protection is an issue … stick with running it and short passes