SiouxSports.com Forum

2024-25 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

20 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m guessing how quickly he committed. Tampering. 

If that’s the case, then I hope they’re mad at all the many programs that already have committed portal players too. ;)

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Tell me we didn't get him with the zero gravity beds!!!!!!!  

Or the hot tubs?  Steamer?  

This is a bit of a concern, especially when we talk about culture.  Don’t want people to come because they are pampered.

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Semi Pro for short?

Was going to say Semper Fi, “always faithful’”, but being a two time transfer that wouldn’t fit, and Marines might not appreciate that.

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m guessing how quickly he committed. Tampering. 

As Schlossman said a while ago, advisors are gauging interest as early as January, so it could be a quick process, and guessing it wouldn’t be a lock at that point, even if they knew Persson was leaving. Being that TJ was injured, why commit until you know he comes back well from the injury.

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

Agreed.  More of a rotation would be nice, especially to start.

That will give half the fans the opportunity to say what a mistake it was to start__________.   We already saw that at the Frozen Faceoff.

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

I would have rather taken a goalie that has more than a year, so Heil doesn't rush his development. I thought they would go after the other ASU goalie, Henry Levy, that didn't play but was part of the 2022-23 Penticton title team. 

The point is they want a more proven commodity if they feel it could be needed to make a run.  

10 hours ago, cberkas said:

I would have rather taken a goalie that has more than a year, so Heil doesn't rush his development. I thought they would go after the other ASU goalie, Henry Levy, that didn't play but was part of the 2022-23 Penticton title team. 

Heil has made a rapid turn around going from SF to the US NTDP this season. And Karl worked with hiim at an international tourney. I trust KG to be the goalie whisperer.

I see Hobie and Heil as the 2025-26 tandem. 

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The better part of humor is timing. ;) 

On the other hand, when your audience is old and a little infirm, repetition has its advantages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Heil has made a rapid turn around going from SF to the US NTDP this season. And Karl worked with hiim at an international tourney. I trust KG to be the goalie whisperer.

I see Hobie and Heil as the 2025-26 tandem. 

I respect KG's coaching skills - but why are we on our 4th portal goalie?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Irish said:

I respect KG's coaching skills - but why are we on our 4th portal goalie?

I would point to Adam Scheel leaving after three seasons and Cam Rowe's decommitment putting ripples into the goalie recruiting pipeline as the reasons for having gone to the portal. Covid merely exacerbated it making guys available with one year left. 

Now that Hobie is here and appears as advertised, and Heil is a year out, things seem to be stabilizing to a two-year gap between the top two and a puck-eating practice third (any age will do). 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I would point to Adam Scheel leaving after three seasons and Cam Rowe's decommitment putting ripples into the goalie recruiting pipeline as the reasons for having gone to the portal. Covid merely exacerbated it making guys available with one year left. 

Now that Hobie is here and appears as advertised, and Heil is a year out, things seem to be stabilizing to a two-year gap between the top two and a puck-eating practice third (any age will do). 

Exactly. I don't understand why bringing in a portal goalie is a bad thing.

• Upvote 1