SiouxSports.com Forum

2024-25 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Broken sticks and swear words

Jerry York's profane rants were as famous as they were scandalous.   Sticks and other equipment?  Pete Townshend of hockey coaches.

• Upvote 1

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

I really don't have to do anything, no.

I'm not trying to argue anything. I just don't want to talk about it because, for a third time, whatever my opinion is doesn't really matter because he is absolutely not going anywhere. The horse as been beaten, poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, drawn and quartered.

Come on Stone, you owe it to .357!  Five Pages single spaced to be turned in to him by 5pm today.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

If they haven’t signed, we can assume that it’s a possibility that both may stay?

Keep in mind; Lucy is still holding the football.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

I really don't have to do anything, no.

I'm not trying to argue anything. I just don't want to talk about it because, for a third time, whatever my opinion is doesn't really matter because he is absolutely not going anywhere. The horse as been beaten, poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, drawn and quartered.

Thanks for your time.

If anyone can present sound reasons on why UND's current head hockey coach is great, I'm all ears. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Come on Stone, you owe it to .357!  Five Pages single spaced to be turned in to him by 5pm today.

Was simply looking for what qualifies a D1 hockey coach as great. If a person can make that claim about the current coach but not back it up, then they prove nothing.

And double-spaced is fine.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

If they haven’t signed, we can assume that it’s a possibility that both may stay?

I have a feeling that this extended wait is going to hurt even more should 1 or both sign. It gets our hopes up a little, then BAM, the depression kicks in all the harder. Like someone mentioned earlier, just pull the dang ripcord already so Sioux fans can start worrying about where the offensive production will come next season!

9 minutes ago, .357 said:

Was simply looking for what qualifies a D1 hockey coach as great. If a person can make that claim about the current coach but not back it up, then they prove nothing.

And double-spaced is fine.

I wasn't trying to prove anything. Jeebus, man. MOVE ON.

• Upvote 1

I'm spending my time perusing the portal page pondering possibilities and potentials of players possible to put in an appearance playing puck profoundly for UND. 

And I'm working on my alliteration skills. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm spending my time perusing the portal page pondering possibilities and potentials of players possible to put in an appearance playing puck profoundly for UND. 

And I'm working on my alliteration skills. 

Better than listening to these nattering nabobs of negativism.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RhettRingers said:

You're comparing basketball to hockey....

The NCAA Hockey Tournament is the biggest crap shoot out of the 4 major sports. The 2019 championship Duluth won, they got a goal late to tie Bowling Green and beat them in OT in the first round. In 2018 they needed help to sneak in the tournament and then bounced Mankato in OT in the first round and then went on for 3 consecutive 2-1 wins. One bad bounce in each of those years and we aren't having this discussion that Sandelin is the savior. My point is not always the best or most talented team wins in the college hockey playoff format. Look at UND 2010-2011 team had 32 wins, third most at the time in program history, outshot Michigan 2 to 1 in the frozen four and ran into a hot goalie.

UMD is dumpster fire with other issues off the ice. I would much rather be a Sioux fan...

Here’s a comparison for ya …… NC$$ D1 basketball has 351 teams & counting, D1 hockey, 64 & counting. C’mon people, enjoy what UND has. Kentucky only has bouncy ball really and IMO, their alumni can’t hold a candle to ours in support of our Alma Mater, be it hockey, fb, bb, or whatever.

3 hours ago, thUNDer said:

Here’s a comparison for ya …… NC$$ D1 basketball has 351 teams & counting, D1 hockey, 64 & counting. C’mon people, enjoy what UND has. Kentucky only has bouncy ball really and IMO, their alumni can’t hold a candle to ours in support of our Alma Mater, be it hockey, fb, bb, or whatever.

Kentucky has high expectations of their MBB program, just like UND has high expectations of their hockey program. Calipari's one-year freshmen NBA Lottery Picks weren't yielding the results they had hoped, which is probably one reason he is no longer there.

Just wondering where allegiances lie. Know several alums, on this board & around the Midwest are offended from bashing individuals (players/coaches) & the negativity + sense of entitlement some choose to hold on to. Time to move on, it is what it is, our storied hockey program will go on with life in general. My only entitlement is that dinky social check 1x/mo. I’ll hang up now & listen.

52 minutes ago, burd said:

Better than listening to these nattering nabobs of negativism.  

No worries, the brutal & overwhelming negativity has passed & the forecast for this afternoon is sunshine & lollipops. 

6 minutes ago, .357 said:

No worries, the brutal & overwhelming negativity has passed & the forecast for this afternoon is sunshine & lollipops. 

Over your head.  You probably weren’t even alive.

12 minutes ago, .357 said:

No duckies and bunnies and rainbows and unicorns? 

1 hour ago, thUNDer said:

Just wondering where allegiances lie. Know several alums, on this board & around the Midwest are offended from bashing individuals (players/coaches) & the negativity + sense of entitlement some choose to hold on to. Time to move on, it is what it is, our storied hockey program will go on with life in general. My only entitlement is that dinky social check 1x/mo. I’ll hang up now & listen.

If the alums you know (on this board and around the Midwest) are offended with criticism of the program, then they probably really don't care about the program. The ones who criticize the program are fully invested and want the program to succeed and what is a good measurement of success? winning post season games and championships. I would like to think that most fans understand we are not going to win a Natty every year but winning post season games should be the expectation and the program has not done that. For a program like ours, we shouldn't have only ONE victory in the post season (against AIC) since 2016. Currently we are the "lousiest of the best and the best of the lousiest" and that just does not cut it at a program like UND's.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

There was a rumor of mimosas...what was that other thing, Mafiaman?

@MafiaMan?
He's in the Zero Grav bed in the Altitude Room. He'll get back to ya. 
Oh, and Chef Francois says it's squab for dinner and don't be late. 

1 hour ago, thUNDer said:

Okay, now listen to this:

It is totally fair to point out our postseason meltdowns. If the coaching staff is offended, then they need to get into a different line of work. My position is it isn't a lack of talent, it's from the neck up. Berry and his staff need to figure out why this team loses its edge after clinching the Penrose. And if that makes me "entitled", then so be it.