SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs SDSU 2/29 7PM

sioux24/7

13 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

You need a link?

I'm just following the game cast. 

I'll admit, I haven't followed UND basketball closely since the Crandall and Hooker days. I'm not a basketball person in general, so kind of a fair-weather fan, but the opportunity to win this game reminds me of when UND beat Weber. Hope they can pull it off!

• Upvote 2

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

This team has made serious strides this season. They are young and need to learn how to close out games, but they are much more competitive than last year.

Yes they are, the steal at end of first half was. Killer but Sather has run that play all year, guess it was one too many times 

‘only 5 bench points and out rebounded , sdsu wanted it more 

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Kraft and Hong just don't miss

Funny, watching Kraft hit those 3s 5 feet beyond the line is something else.  Granted it’s warmup but still neat to see

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ND1 said:

Funny, watching Kraft hit those 3s 5 feet beyond the line is something else.  Granted it’s warmup but still neat to see

Hong also

then you got some of the other playas not rimming it out 

I’m disappointed but not discouraged with that outcome. We can play with them. Holding Kyle like we did was good to see. But then Zeke went off. We can still win the conference tournament. We could also lose game 1. This league is up for grabs for anyone. 

• Upvote 2

South Dakota State is a very good team.  They have good perimeter players that are all good shooters.  They have strong inside game with Kyle and Appel, plus Appel shoots 40% from the 3.  We did a better job containing their bigs than I thought we would.  Mayo just did what Mayo does.  He was good down the stretch.  We looked good the first half.  When they stepped up their d in the second half, we resorted to settling for 3s and no-passing possessions where we watch Tyree and BJ dribble through their legs until they drive and everyone else stands around and watches - but not with enough spacing to get a decent look at a 3.  Our half court offense is god awful against good defense.  We absolutely need to play with pace and take advantage of breaking pressure when it happens.  Don’t stop and slow it down.  Nobody stops Tyree, BJ, or Eli in an open court game.  Whole lot easier to do so when Tyree and BJ are playing slow down and going one on 4.  Did the same thing against the Bison.  Let them dictate the game, rather than us.  I was hoping we would learn after the Bison game, but apparently not there yet.  The good news is that we know we can play with them.  Now we just have to do what we are good at and that no passing half court offense is definitely not it.

48 minutes ago, Hans8891 said:

South Dakota State is a very good team.  They have good perimeter players that are all good shooters.  They have strong inside game with Kyle and Appel, plus Appel shoots 40% from the 3.  We did a better job containing their bigs than I thought we would.  Mayo just did what Mayo does.  He was good down the stretch.  We looked good the first half.  When they stepped up their d in the second half, we resorted to settling for 3s and no-passing possessions where we watch Tyree and BJ dribble through their legs until they drive and everyone else stands around and watches - but not with enough spacing to get a decent look at a 3.  Our half court offense is god awful against good defense.  We absolutely need to play with pace and take advantage of breaking pressure when it happens.  Don’t stop and slow it down.  Nobody stops Tyree, BJ, or Eli in an open court game.  Whole lot easier to do so when Tyree and BJ are playing slow down and going one on 4.  Did the same thing against the Bison.  Let them dictate the game, rather than us.  I was hoping we would learn after the Bison game, but apparently not there yet.  The good news is that we know we can play with them.  Now we just have to do what we are good at and that no passing half court offense is definitely not it.

The game was lost when Brady came in in the first few minutes of the second half.....,8-0 run or something.... Game over.  Figure it out paul or go back to South Dakota

I really believe that sather went on ss.com last year  and saw people saying.... Shorten your bench or you'll get fired... So he shortened his bench and didn't get fired least year........... Listen to me/us..... Put in books or Mara.

5 on 4 v 5 on 5. Easy choice paul

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1