SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-1) vs New Orleans (2-2) 11/25 12PM

sioux24/7

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what is deng's strenth?  defense, rebounding...the 3?  i couldn't really tell much with the vcsu game i went too....very very long of course.

Defense and rebounding. Shot around 11% from 3 in his two recent years at JUCO. Hasn’t show a whole lot of offensive skill thus far

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Did he get a minute? I only caught the second half. He’s not hurt is he? Just a benching? Hope he takes this and learns from it and doesn’t just give up on it. 

Just a benching. And he’s not in the box score for any minutes. Didn’t see the floor today. 

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If the Betty is packed, the home court advantage has the potential to be insane. If we can keep winning, we can build a fan base that shows up on a consistent basis.

Keep it up boys. :)

those bleachers are so far back it might technically be pack the olympic rink?

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what is deng's strenth?  defense, rebounding...the 3?  i couldn't really tell much with the vcsu game i went too....very very long of course.

Pretty sure it’s just defense.  Not sure what is going on with him 

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

those bleachers are so far back it might technically be pack the olympic rink?

I’d love Bill to address this on his next pod or something. What’s the reason? I like the addition of the “court side” seats on the baseline though. I have this memory of similar court side seats on the base line back in the day at the Betty, maybe I’m making that up but I’d like to see that too although not sure how the walkway worked then. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

5-1!!! Nice work! Pack the Betty!

5-1 and it just seems like we haven't even played that well or at least haven't seemed to put together a full 40 minutes. Granted everyone we've beat has been right around a Kenpom 300 team but still fun to get out to such a great start. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’d love Bill to address this on his next pod or something. What’s the reason? I like the addition of the “court side” seats on the baseline though. I have this memory of similar court side seats on the base line back in the day at the Betty, maybe I’m making that up but I’d like to see that too although not sure how the walkway worked then. 

i do like that the one set goes all the way to the wall........but why couldn't they have gone all the way to the baseline???????

2 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

And they closed the bar upstairs I was told 

what in the heck are they doing over there

the bar only?  i saw people in there from my seats (behind vcsu bench)....the area is still "open"...they just closed the "bar"? (which i couldn't see from my seats obviously.

The fellas better not sleep on the Tuesday game against Concordia St. Paul. They have been bad for a few years but  their coach has rebuilt their roster a bit as they have 5 former D1 players including a 7th year senior who is averaging 25 and shooting 45% from 3 and as a team they are shooting 40% from 3.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of non conference games I see the Bison have a game coming up with Oak Hills Christian college from beltrami county Minnesota.

Oak Hills has some of the following results this season

Lost to Rockford University of Illinois by 53

Lost to Bemidji State by 81

Lost to Valley City State by 63

The played a little tournament in Dickinson over the weekend and lost by 72 to Dickinson State and in the rematch with VCSU they managed to keep the deficit under 100 as they lost by 92.