SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-1) vs New Orleans (2-2) 11/25 12PM

sioux24/7

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Omot is currently shooting 14% from three on 7 attempts a game.... 

How Danielson still gets more minutes than Brooks is absolutely mind blowing....

I don't love Omot playing the 4, but there should be thoughts of starting Brooks over Deng and moving Omot to the 4. The season is young but through 5 games Deng hasn't really provided anything

Amar was a great addition. If he keeps playing like this, he should be putting pressure on a decision to start him over TT

more than mind blowing...........fireable!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Omot is currently shooting 14% from three on 7 attempts a game.... 

How Danielson still gets more minutes than Brooks is absolutely mind blowing....

I don't love Omot playing the 4, but there should be thoughts of starting Brooks over Deng and moving Omot to the 4. The season is young but through 5 games Deng hasn't really provided anything

Amar was a great addition. If he keeps playing like this, he should be putting pressure on a decision to start him over TT

Omot will figure it out. I just don’t want him to force it. That’s what it looked like he was doing a bit against Pacific. He can get to the rim and either draw a foul or make the bucket almost every time. I’m sure he’s trying to show he has an expanded game to get bigger looks but we can’t let it hurt winning. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Omot will figure it out. I just don’t want him to force it. That’s what it looked like he was doing a bit against Pacific. He can get to the rim and either draw a foul or make the bucket almost every time. I’m sure he’s trying to show he has an expanded game to get bigger looks but we can’t let it hurt winning. 

0-5 on 3s today for Omot. He's too talented to be settling this much

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Brooks is always making plays! Love it!

At some point do you go to a starting lineup of Eaglestaff, Brooks, Omot, Amar and T? As long as Brooks is playing plenty of minutes probably doesn’t matter but it seems he has been providing more than King so far. 

4 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

At some point do you go to a starting lineup of Eaglestaff, Brooks, Omot, Amar and T? As long as Brooks is playing plenty of minutes probably doesn’t matter but it seems he has been providing more than King so far. 

I wouldn't be against that. King has had flashes, but hasn't shown much consistency against the D1 teams. 

The only thing to possibly think about is maybe Brooks is one of those players that does better coming off the bench rather than starting? Like you said though, as long as he's getting lots of minutes I don't think it matters too much. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Found a way to win again!

I was a little surprised to see Deng go from starting to completely cut from the rotation, but I like the 8 man rotation! 

Did he get a minute? I only caught the second half. He’s not hurt is he? Just a benching? Hope he takes this and learns from it and doesn’t just give up on it. 

• Like 1

Just now, HoopsFan03 said:

Found a way to win again!

I was a little surprised to see Deng go from starting to completely cut from the rotation, but I like the 8 man rotation! 

what is deng's strenth?  defense, rebounding...the 3?  i couldn't really tell much with the vcsu game i went too....very very long of course.