SiouxSports.com Forum

Icebreaker @ REA - UND vs. Army, Bucky; BSU vs. Bucky, Army

stoneySIOUX

13 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I know its not a Halloween game, but can someone sneak a badger in and toss it on the ice against Wisco? That was epic, but probably about 18 years ago.

The old Ralph vs the new Ralph is like when Mom got new carpet and furniture for the living room…it just doesn’t seem like you should bring a badger in there now. 

But I’d love to see it. 

9 hours ago, iramurphy said:

All students start as first year students (plebes) and go four years even if they transfer in from another school. They can opt out after first 2 years but after that they have the 8yr obligation. Tuition, books, room and board plus just under $1100 per month for all students. They can leave in 3rd or 4th yr but would have to serve as enlisted soldier for 2 years and may have to pay back school for costs of education. I wouldn’t think they will get anyone through the transfer portal. 

I remember talking to some classmates from High School during Christmas one year and they said that service academy life was kind of tough. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

The old Ralph vs the new Ralph is like when Mom got new carpet and furniture for the living room…it just doesn’t seem like you should bring a badger in there now. 

But I’d love to see it. 

There was definitely a badger thrown at the new Ralph though.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Goon said:

I remember talking to some classmates from High School during Christmas one year and they said that service academy life was kind of tough. 

My brother and nephew both attended. My brother said it could be tough and sometimes a pain, but he’s glad he went. Almost all of the guys in his class ended up in Vietnam. I’ve had the privilege of attending their annual get together at the Army-Navy game. I just sit back and listen. Going again this year. Game is in Boston and is sold out. Tix in upper level going for $500-$1200. 
If you ever get a chance to go I highly recommend it. Go early to see the entrance of the Cadets and Midshipmen. 
I would recommend attending one of the academy’s for any self motivated, self disciplined high school kid who wants to attend one of the top Universities in the world. 

• Upvote 2