SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstols report card

SIOUXELEVENS

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the Sioux teams that played fast and exciting hockey, players that weren't chippy, and didn't take cheap shots.  If you ask me, that kind of play is better left to teams like St. Cloud or even the Gophers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can I ask what Sioux teams you've been watching in the past??? NOT CHIPPY??? (Mike Commodore?) Didn't take cheap shots?? (Jim Archibald?) Fast and Exciting Hockey? (see U of M Gophers - for better or worse) The Sioux have done what they've done (7 NC's - not bad ??? ) with what they've had...any new coach is a transitional period. If anything...I'd say a lack of senior (or even veteran) leadership is what's dragging down UND this year...Dane Litke was a HUGE factor in helping the "average" Sioux win a National Title in '97...Anyone remember this?? Where is that leadership now?:glare: Maybe that's the question we need to ask??

One thing I love about Sioux fans is that we aren't satisfied unless our team is winning. A lot....

I agree that the team is underacheiving. They do not look as if they are as disciplined on the ice as they were under Blais, but I would hope that its just the team adjusting to the changes. The forwards are young, and now that teams dont have to key on ZP and BB, Players like Stafford, Zajac, and Murray are feeling alot more pressure. The team is very talented, but they need to start playing more cohesively, and with more passion. They look flat, like something is missing but no one can put their finger on it....Play Lammy, he's the real deal and IMO one of the only players that shows up every night to play.

Look out or someone might give Cary all your address and a waterbottle. ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think eades will be an excellent recruiting mind for our beloved program. with all the connections he must have in canada and with the high schools in minnesota and north dakota from which he drafted his warroad team year in and year out. :glare: REA is a much better tool than marvin windows. :huh:

If recruits based their decision on the quality of posts from message boards like this one, the Gophers would be without a team!  :huh:  :glare:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't forget Zach Parise's immortal words: Reading these boards is almost a waste of time. ???

If recruits based their decision on the quality of posts from message boards like this one, the Gophers would be without a team! ???:glare:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you comparing people on these boards to Gopher fans? Shame on you. To be honest, current players and future recruits could give a rip what you think. With that said ... All this cheap talk about Hakstol and the players ought to be real good for guys like Toews. I wish him luck next year because the minute he has a bad game or a makes a bad play some of you guys are all over him - which is something Gopher fans do.

All this cheap talk about Hakstol and the posts slamming players ought to be real good for future recruits like Toews.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am sure that Toews and other recruits have this page as their homepage. In fact, I am sure that Kessel was coming to UND before he read my screen name. Trust me, guys like Toews are more worried about getting a big enough wheelbarrow for all of the money they will earn in the pros versus what people on some message board think.

Hakstol deserves criticism, although you can make the argument about how much he deserves. The games that have bothered me the most were the sat night butt kicking the Gophs gave us, and obviously the home losses to AA and Mankato.

As far as slamming players, no one is slamming Lamoreaux, Prpich, Spirko or Mcmahon, some of the players that have played up to expectations.

Are you comparing people on these boards to Gopher fans? Shame on you. To be honest, current players and future recruits could give a rip what you think. With that said ... All this cheap talk about Hakstol and the players ought to be real good for guys like Toews. I wish him luck next year because the minute he has a bad game or a makes a bad play some of you guys are all over him - which is something Gopher fans do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

driveforshow, is that you? :huh:

btw, sufan, the wink was for your benefit so you would pick up the sarcasm.

There must be something in the water today . . . .

I do have to know though, if future recruits don't give a rip what I think (and they shouldn't), and I am a regular poster here, then your first post that said "cheap talk about Hakstol and the posts slamming players ought to be real good for future recruits like Toews" makes absolutely no sense. Which is it, they care or they don't! :glare: NOTE the lack of sarcasm!

No, I believe recruits are won through fans holding up signs when  potential recruits are in the area.  At least that seems to be the premise of some Minnesota fans.  It makes me wonder how old these people are to have that level of naivete.  If a recruit is swayed by that, I have to question his intelligence to begin with.  "People like me", I think I'll go there.

I may be naive but I can't think but it can help, though I won't argue that it would be a major factor. For a young kid to have a section yelling his name, or to see signs from a particular school saying they want him? Yes, I would think that contributes to developing a positive connection to the school in the kid's mind. I can't see how it would hurt, and if it can't hurt it can only help.

I don't think a lot of players would go to a university to play hockey if NO fans whatsover came to the game. Just play the game in an empty building. How much fun is that. So the kid is thinking about a fun crowd and atmosphere to be in. Have fans of a particular university showing you their interest in having YOU at their school playing hockey only seems like a positive to me.

sufan,

are you a Sioux fan or an NDsu fan?  Just wanted to clarify...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With the amount of flaming going towards the Sioux players and staff on this thread, there are a bunch of posters here whom you could ask the same question:

Skippy fan or Sioux fan?

I'm not Kevin Bacon saying "everything is alright" folks. I'm saying that the season isn't over. It is still possible to do well. I wonder where Denver was last year? How did they do against UND? UM? UW? How well did they do in the Final Five? I THINK they did ok in the NCAA Tourney... though I'm not sure. PCM, could you tell me what happened to that mediocre team known as the Pioneers last season? :angry:;)

Seriously, folks. Contracts are made and dissolved not by midseason reports, but by reports culminating based upon a full season's performance. Darn, you guys, the rumor mill is churning because lately I've been hearing reports that the Notre Dame booster organization is willing to help you organize UND hockey boosters into a comparable organization. That way, you won't have to deal with any coaches who cannot deliver a national title within a half a season! :D

You guys are right - tnt, bringdeanback and schmidtdog ... I withdraw my original post. The players, coaches, recruits or anyone who knows anything about hockey would not be influenced by anything you say.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hardly doubt that some player is going to give two rips what the fans say on a message board.

Dagies,

If you are saying that signs, etc. can sway a recruit, then message boards could as well. Therefore, I would hope that no negative comments are made about the Sioux on this or any other board, because it would only lead to the potential loss of a good recruit.