SiouxSports.com Forum

Mavs @ Sioux

01grad

I think it should be a good series. Mankato has been playing much better since we met them at the start of the year, which is scary since we tied and barely beat them back then. I think we have also improved now that we have two solid goalies. I think both games will be close and I hope we aren't too rusty. The time off hopefully gave them time to rest/heal up and regroup for a second half run for a top spot. My prediction is a split, though I hope we can take care of business both nights.

Here is Mankato's results, impressive that they lost by only 1 goal to CC and topped Wisco. (When they were hot) Surprised they didn't do better in that tourney against weaker teams, I guess Ohio State is ranked though and they aren't:

http://www.uscho.com/schedules/team.php?se...m=mnst&gender=m

Oh by the way, AZSIOUX the INCH rankings are now up for you.

We need a sweep.  Mankato is proving to be a solid team, but we're at home, and we needs the points.  We need to sweep.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not enough home weekends left to get anything less than a sweep against a bottom 5 team.

Sioux are sitting in a precarious position of having a fair chance of finishing 6th or lower and having to travel for the WCHA playoffs. Playing down to one of those positions could easily place them on the power bubble.

Down the road a ways, but after Wisco's tie to Yale and loss to Ferris, a sweep of Wisco is necessary also.

Speaking of Mankato, I just got tickets for the Mankato/Gopher game at the X just for $hits and giggles. Is anybody else in the Twin Cities going that would wear their Sioux jersey with me?

I do agree that we need a sweep of Mankato this weekend to start the second half off on the right foot and show the other teams we mean business.

We need a sweep.  Mankato is proving to be a solid team, but we're at home, and we needs the points.  We need to sweep.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anything less than a sweep is unexceptable. I hope Staffords continues to play like he did when he played in the WJC. Anything less from him is unexceptable.

or what GOON?  :silly:

"Anything less than a sweep is unexceptable. I hope Staffords continues to play like he did when he played in the WJC. Anything less from him is unexceptable."

I am just hoping we can see the same Drew when they play this weekend. I have seen some amazing plays come from this young man.

Hope the Ice crew at the Ralph wait until Sunday to repaint the logo and other advertising under the ice.  I doubt they will have enough time before this weekends series.  Soft crappy ice would only benefit the Mavs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe so, but if we play "back to the basics/K.I.S.S." style hockey, I still think we'll prevail. I truly believe that ice condition only makes a major impact on cross ice passes and fancy stick work. We don't need fancy goals. We just need to score, period.

I truly believe that ice condition only makes a major impact on cross ice passes and fancy stick work. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Soft crappy ice has a major effect on skaters with speed. Kinda like skating in concrete. The Sioux as a faster team are at a disadvantage if the ice is soft.

Just keep putting the Mavs on the PP.  They can't score, and give up shorthanded opportunities.  I've reached a point where I wish you could decline penalties, like in football.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, with MSUM's PP on the ice, maybe we can forget about our PP? :ohmy:

Something tells me that this contest isn't going to be decided by PP Goals. :lol:

I think that the ice at the Ralph for the most part has always been soft and crappy... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I was watching the Junior tourney on tv I noticed that it was very difficult to read the emblem and paint through the ice. I was wondering if it was just the camera work or the hard water they use at the rink? I wouldn't think though that how it looks would impact it's quality though. Did anybody else notice this too and did it look clearer for those in attendance?

When I was watching the Junior tourney on tv I noticed that it was very difficult to read the emblem and paint through the ice. I was wondering if it was just the camera work or the hard water they use at the rink? I wouldn't think though that how it looks would impact it's quality though. Did anybody else notice this too and did it look clearer for those in attendance?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The logos and lines were quite faint in person as well.

Any idea how many students will be back for this weekend's games?  Hopefully some will be back to get the Ralph loud.  Maybe some people will learn from the 11,800 that were at the Canada gold medal game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, no kidding. I'd love to see the Ralph to like it was on Tuesday during the Canadian game. That was awesome.

Any idea how many students will be back for this weekend's games?  Hopefully some will be back to get the Ralph loud.  Maybe some people will learn from the 11,800 that were at the Canada gold medal game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even if all of the students were there, it is going to be a different atmosphere. The high society of GF will not allow there to be any of that nonsense.