SiouxSports.com Forum

Mavs @ Sioux

01grad

I'll say it before PCM or Sicatoka does. :( It can be crazy without the students, just look at the CC series and Denver playoff series two years ago.

I realized during the WJC, cheer all you want and screw other people if they don't like it. If someone tells you you're being to loud, tell them too bad. Have fun at games and don't let a bunch of stick in the muds ruin it for you. We are letting the grumpy people ruin it as we are so concerned about them that we forget to do what we want to at games. Ignore them and do what you want, eventually they'll stop coming to games and their tickets will go to people who want to have fun at games.

I'll say it before PCM or Sicatoka does. :( It can be crazy without the students, just look at the CC series and Denver playoff series two years ago. 

I realized during the WJC, cheer all you want and screw other people if they don't like it.  If someone tells you you're being to loud, tell them too bad.  Have fun at games and don't let a bunch of stick in the muds ruin it for you.  We are letting the grumpy people ruin it as we are so concerned about them that we forget to do what we want to at games.  Ignore them and do what you want, eventually they'll stop coming to games and their tickets will go to people who want to have fun at games.

NOW WHO'S WITH DIGGLER!!!!!!!!!??

Since someone invoked my name here (and I've been just waiting to post this somewhere, and up to now I thought it'd be in)

"noise makers at the ralph" ... ?

Aren't those supposed to be the students? :(

Oh yeah, it's hard to cheer with a bloody blinkin' cell phone in your hand or worse, you don't even show up! :ohmy:

It's pretty bad when the old coots in 302 and 306 are louder than 307-310.

I'll say it before PCM or Sicatoka does. :ohmy: It can be crazy without the students, just look at the CC series and Denver playoff series two years ago. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder how many of those crazy Canadians blowing the roof off the Ralph during the World Juniors were students? :(

I realized during the WJC, cheer all you want and screw other people if they don't like it. If someone tells you you're being to loud, tell them too bad. Have fun at games and don't let a bunch of stick in the muds ruin it for you.

I agree. I'm all for standing up to cheer when it's appropriate to do so. I'm all for organized, non-profane cheering. The louder it is in the Ralph, the more intimidating it becomes for the opposition. That's the way it should be.

And who knows? Maybe if you get loud without worrying about who cares, others in your section will follow your lead. Pretty soon, the gas bags will be so outnumbered they'll look silly if they protest.

That's the way it seems to work at football games. I've been to games at the Alerus where many people around me initially don't stand up to cheer when it's appropriate. But if I keep doing it, pretty soon, nearly everyone in the section begins to follow suit.

Lead by example. It works.

I'm saying get the 'staches out of 309 and 307-310 might, might, have a chance against 302 and 306.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What, now you want a fight? No wonder students and old farts can't get along, the old farts want to fight. You better watch what you wish for or you just might get it. We'll take away your Geritol and put you in retirement homes. And not the good ones either, the crooked ones on 60 minutes.

A good question is:  Why do they advertise a start of the game at 7:35 and the NEVER get the game started on time?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tonight's problem with a late start was two-fold. 1) After they did Mankato's starting lineups and showed the usual fairly lame video on the screen, the announcer didn't have power on his microphone for a good minute or so. Finally the Sioux just skated to the blue line in an effort to get them to just start the anthem and skip the intros. Just as they got there, the mic started working so they did the introductions anyway. This took at least a few extra minutes. 2) The singing of the anthem always takes way longer than it is supposed to. You'd think REA would start the player intros earlier so the anthem can sing earlier so the game can start on time...I hate wasting time - just play hockey.

Are we getting TH tonight?  Or do we have to settle for MSU audiocasters?  So far, in the pre-game and I'm getting nothing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One thing I do wonder: What is the intermission show like for MSUM? It certainly couldn't be worse than ours.

Who was it that interviewed Brenk last night between the first and second periods? That person should be fired, and then shot!

WHO CARES about how long it takes for Brenk to get ready to go out for a night on the town!!! WHO CARES where Kaip takes his girlfriend on a date!!!!

What the HELL kind of broadcasting is this? I'd rather have the local news or even an infomercial, YES AN INFOMERCIAL, rather than this pathetic drivel!

End Rant?